Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 - Page 57

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by dlip

For those who enjoy (and like) movies like Harry Potter, Lord of rings; I highly recommend the movie Bahubali.

It's a fairy tale made and presented with lot of conviction.

It's a Indian-ised mix of 'benhur, lord of rings, gladiator,etc'. Excellent photography, locations, and acting.

Those who enjoy Entertaining movies, go for it πŸ‘πŸΌ
yes...Dilip...u r right...cinematography is world classπŸ‘πŸ‘...
the movie will be continued...Bahubali 2 is coming in 2016...
the lead pair is so good looking⭐️...
me too enjoyed...πŸ‘πŸΌ
Originally posted by -Zoey-

Got it on WA.
18 facts of BAAHUBALI:

1. 250 Crores in movie making

2. Guinness world record of LARGEST POSTER in 50000 sq.feet.

3. Movie pre production took 1 year. Highest time period for any indian movie

4. 17 VFX & 800+ technicians involved.

5. Cost of VFX effects 85 Crores

6. VFX team of BB & Jurassic World is the same.

7. Rajamouli took 109 days to reshoot of just a waterfall

8. Prabhas & Dugabatti consumed 40 egg whites daily for musculer body.

9. Prabhas spent 1.5 Crores on gym equipment only.

10. Prabhas postponed his marriage for d movie

11. Trailer got 4.05 million views in just 24 hrs on uTube n 1.5 million on FB.

12. Only film to feature on BBC's documentary on 100 yrs of cinema.

13. A new language named "KILIKI" invented with 750 words & 40 grammer rules.

14. 1st Indian movie to have it's own museum.

15. 1st ever actor (Prabhas) frm TOLLYWOOD to get 20 Crores (highest paid ever) for a movie.
- more thn Rajnikanth/Kamal Hasan/Chiranjiv/Mamuthi/etc...

16. Crossed 100 crores in just 36 hrs.

17. Only movie to sold Satellite rights in 25 crores.

18. MOST IMP. first ever Indian movie to get 9.4 ranking on IMDB. Way ahead thn 300 movie tht had 7.8 ranking only.

NOW DECIDE URSELF...,  explore the historical movie of Indian cinema!!

P.S...I didn't watch it yet,somehow I couldn't make it last weekend but desperately wanna go for it asap hopefully by this weekend!
thanks Zoey...for sharing this info...
REALLY...A MUST WATCH MOVIE !!!!!!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Have you seen this short film 'Ahalya' (14 mins) by Sujoy Ghosh (of 'Kahaani' fame)? It's brilliant!
I won't give away the story. Watch it for yourself ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff82XtV78xo
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

Have you seen this short film 'Ahalya' (14 mins) by Sujoy Ghosh (of 'Kahaani' fame)? It's brilliant!

I saw day before yesterday! Man!! It's haunting.
Good job by sujoy n the cast
Radhika apte is becoming the poster girl for indie flicks πŸ‘ 
Shruti Seth - erstwhile small time TV and film actress has taken on   selfie with daughter campaign.  Following is the link :
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smtdi6

Originally posted by mishkil88

Shruti Seth - erstwhile small time TV and film actress has taken on   selfie with daughter campaign.  Following is the link :
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1smtdi6

Criticizing is very easy. Had she made some constructive suggestion while criticizing, it would have been useful. Else what's the difference between her and say, Kejri or Vadra who are always criticizing Modi? I am not surprised she is getting battered on all sides.

Have you seen this short film 'Ahalya' (14 mins) by Sujoy Ghosh (of 'Kahaani' fame)? It's brilliant!..

Prochondo shundor.. darun achchi.! Thanks for sharing SW. πŸ˜Š
Ahilya naav ka dile asel? The storyline kind of does not give justice to original Ahilya from mythology...the movie is nice suspense + thriller though..enjoyable..

</div>
<div>

πŸ‘πŸΌ

</div>
One doubt...

I could understand the metaphor of this modern-days Ahalya and Indra as against Ramayana, (instead of Ahalya; Indra turning into stone. It wasan injustice to Ahlya in Ramayan). But I could not understand why those 'seducing acts' by this modern Ahlya

<div>Or, one neednot decipher the story. But, just enjoy it?
Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
Originally posted by dlip

I could understand the metaphor of this modern-days Ahalya and Indra as against Ramayana, (instead of Ahalya; Indra turning into stone. It wasan injustice to Ahlya in Ramayan). But I could not understand why those 'seducing acts' by this modern Ahlya

Like most people, Sujoy Ghosh feels that Ahilya was wrongly punished for Indra's crime. So he decided to turn the tables on Indra in his story. The Gautam-Ahilya couple conspires to serially seduce all visitors and turn them into miniature statuettes.

Talking about Radhika Apte, just saw the last performance of her play 'uNe pure shahar ek' in Pune. The show was house-full and there were many celebrities among the audience. I saw Suyash Tilak (Jay from KRD) and Bhargavi Chirmule as they were sitting very near us. The play is translated by Pradeep Vaidya from Girish Karnad's original Kannada play. It is about the life of a representative upper-class urban family from Pune, including their servants, friends, relatives etc. It's quite well-written and makes some good points, but since it has no coherent storyline, it ends up being a collage of events and as such, leaves almost no impact at the end. Apart from Radhika Apte, there's Anita Date (Isha's roommate Ashu from ELTG), Vibhawari Apte, the peon from KRD etc. in it.