Zee Marathi

Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 (Page 56)

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 04 July 2015 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anni80

Originally posted by vidya0906

For Mithila, its her late husband's name Anni.

Ohhh... is it??? who is Mithila subhash? I don't remember this actress,,,,,
Mithila is a script writer ...used to visit this forum about 4-5 yrs back. She is on fb and ekdam bindhast ...i mean gali-vali denewali types but very strict. Jyoti is of course Amruta's but we heard amruta first and then jyoti. Jyoti got lot of recognition afterwords. Purva subhash has very sharp features and she is there as lakshmi in Jai Malhar as i mentioned earlier.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906anni80veena0129dlip

vidya0906 Cool Viewbie
vidya0906
vidya0906

Posted: 04 July 2015 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

SUNDAY HUMOR Tongue

Many of you might've read this, but still makes for an enjoyable read Big smile

This can happen only in Mumbai, no where else...

Last week, a hapless victim fell prey to the over enthusiastic Mumbai's local train commuters.

Our hero, a man from Pune, wanted to go to Matunga, but as misfortune and trains would have it, he boarded a fast train not halting at his destination. He panicked on realizing his mistake but by then the local had already started moving.

On seeing his plight, a sympathetic co-passenger decided to come to his rescue. It seemed that he had been commuting by that particular train (6:03 pm Kasara Fast) for the past 6 years and had noticed that the train always slowed down just before Matunga station and crawled at a snail's pace while passing through it. He told the man to jump out of the running train as it slowed down and that with a little bit of fleet-footedness, he would make it safely on terra firma. However, knowing the man's inexperience, he added some words of caution: "Keep running the moment you jump or you'll fall. Just keep running."

He stressed the word "running", lest the man not know the laws of motion.

The train did slow down just before Matunga station and at the prompting of his mentor, our hero jumped out of the train and started running, as if all hell had broken loose. What he didn't realise, of course, was that he was running parallel to the train, instead of running away from it.

Meanwhile, the train slowed down further, and the man was running faster than the train. In the process, he reached the door of the next compartment and the footboard commuters there pulled him in thinking he was trying to board the train! To his agony, the train picked up speed and sped past Matunga and his new co-passengers started to congratulate him on how lucky he had been, until he told them that they had actually undone what he had done with great difficulty.

Those standing at the door of his "ex-compartment" had witnessed the whole drama and just couldn't stop laughingLOL at the poor man's plight, while he grinned sheepishly!!! Big smile

Ae dil, hai mushkil,
hai jeena yahaan,
Zara hatke,
zara bachke,
Yeh hai Bombay meri jaan...

feeling amused.

Edited by vidya0906 - 04 July 2015 at 11:28pm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyaanni80spashta-wakta.Neela.veena0129dlipdipalimanish-Zoey-..Kimi..mishkil88Nachiketj

Nachiketj IF-Stunnerz
Nachiketj
Nachiketj

Posted: 04 July 2015 at 11:39pm | IP Logged

SUNDAY HUMOR Tongue

Ae dil, hai mushkil,
hai jeena yahaan,
Zara hatke,
zara bachke,

feeling amused.

ROFL Vidya good one!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906veena0129anni80

dlip IF-Dazzler
dlip
dlip

Posted: 04 July 2015 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Vidya, nice one LOL

Mumbai Train-commuters...

Jave Tyanchya Vansha...
Tevha kale!

vidya0906veena0129.Neela.anni80mishkil88

dipalimanish IF-Dazzler
dipalimanish
dipalimanish

Posted: 05 July 2015 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Ae dil, hai mushkil,
hai jeena yahaan,
Zara hatke,
zara bachke,

feeling amused.
Vidya, this is too good.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906veena0129

anni80 Goldie
anni80
anni80

Posted: 05 July 2015 at 3:48am | IP Logged

SUNDAY HUMOR Tongue

Ae dil, hai mushkil,

hai jeena yahaan,
Zara hatke,
zara bachke,

feeling amused.

Heyy Vidya... that was ROFL  ROFL Right now I am laughing like an idiot and my son is looking at me like "hila kay zala??? Confused Confused" but can't help it...

I literally visualised entire scene in front of my eyes... What a disgust that punekar must b feeling... and of course his mentor tooo... ke hay re ye kaisa "shagird" mila mujhe Shocked LOL LOL

vidya0906veena0129dlip-Zoey-mishkil88

-Zoey- IF-Rockerz
-Zoey-
-Zoey-

Posted: 05 July 2015 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Hey Vidya,that is from FB Confession Page na.
I have read it earlier.Also you might have read another 'most likes wala' of lady and her birthday surprise LOL.Can't share it here for that toilet humour but it was hilarious.ROFL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906veena0129

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 05 July 2015 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Neela.

Question to Pooriya on d occasion of her b'day  Tongue
Is there any specific reason that your profile name is Pooriya?  Anything in particular about the raaga?  There are so many compositions in Pooriya Dhanashree (classic Baiju Bawra HeartHae raama yeh kyaa hua - RANGEELA; Aake Teri Baahon Mein -Vansh and many others) and Pooriya Kalyan (Muralidhar Shyam He Nandlala" from Katyar  composed by Pt. Jitendra Abhisheki) that are used in movie songs / nataks but very rarely using Pooriya.  So would like to hear from you about Puriya when you get a chance.

I found an unknown (to me of course) piece of information about Pt. Jasraj (in this recital based on Raag Pooriya); perhaps many of you already know.

Enjoy!!

Hi Neela, Thanks for your wishes & I'm more than happy to answer this question, as music is my fav topic Wink I'll just try to dig more into basics so that people without background in music can know a few things.. Whoever knows better, feel free to correct me if I go wrong anywhere.. Now, please bear a long one Wink

As we know, a Raag is always tied with the time of the day. Broadly speaking, we can partition the 24 hrs in two - daytime (first half) and night-time (later half of day). When the two meet, we see what we know as "Sandhi prakash" (the light at the time of joining of 2 halves)

The Raags, which can be sung at the time of Sandhi-prakash (either at dawn or dusk) are known as Sandhiprakash raags. The commonality between all of them is - Komal Rishabh and Shudhha Gandhar& shudhha Nishad.
The list includes morning Raags like Bhairav, Kalingada etc.and evening raags like Maarwa, Pooriya & it's versions, Sohoni etc.

Here is the Swara-sancha used in these Raags:
(Capital first letter denotes shudhha swar & small first letter denotes komal/teevra swar.)

Pooriya: Sa re Ga ma Dha Ni
Pooriya Kalyan: Sa re Ga ma Pa Dha Ni
Pooriya Dhanashree: Sa re Ga ma Pa dha Ni
Poorvi: Sa re Ga Ma ma Pa dha Ni

First difference between Pooriya and Pooriya dhanashree is their Thaat.
Pooriya (& Pooriya Kalyan) belong to Maarwa thaat, whereas Pooriya Dhanashree belongs to Poorvi thaat. (Thaat is what influences Raag's Chalan, Vaadi-Samvaadi Swaras & style of delivering etc.)
While Pooriya goes the Maarwa way by using shuddha Dha & skipping Pa altogether, Pooriya Dhanashree uses komal Dha and includes Pa beautifully, mostly in avarohana. This makes it a Poorvi style raag. (However, it skips shuddha Ma, which is present in Poorvi.)

Between Pooriya & Pooriya Kalyaan, the later one makes use of Pancham but the previous one does not. Basically, we can say, Pooriya kalyan is Pooriya with Pancham or Pooriya Dhanashree with Shudhha Dhaivat.

There are many songs in Pooriya Dhanashree & in Pooriya kalyan as you mentioned. But I am not aware of any song in plain Pooriya. Though Pooriya is not as common as the other two, we do find some good renditions by the maestros.
Here are few links:

Pt. Bhimsen Joshi:

Vilayat Khan:

This is very very basic info and of course I could not go into the nitty-gritty of each of the Raags.

To answer your main question, as to why my username is Pooriya, - I just love the Raag familySmile I love all Sandhi-prakash raags and thought of taking one of them as username. So I chose a feminine, shorter and nice-sounding name for it. That's it Smile

P.S. - 
I guess, I could have saved people trouble of going through the entire post, if I had put the last para first.. But then what's the fun in that Wink

Edited by Pooriya - 05 July 2015 at 10:20am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906veena0129.Neela.anni80dlip-Zoey-mishkil88Nachiketj

Go to top