Zee Marathi
Zee Marathi

Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 (Page 18)

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mishkil88

Dilip - mi suddha he donhi pics theatre madhe pahile aahet. Ani parat nakkich baghen.  He donhi EE chya aadhi yeun gelet ani ZM ne produce kelet. Tari pan ajun WTP kasa nahi zala he ashcharya aahe. 

Mishkil mala vatata, ya donhi films na extra promotion chi garaj padli nahi (like EE) as they were rich on their contents.. So tya movies theater madhye hi jasta diwas chalalya.. Like a mother, ZM loves the disabled child more I guess so they tried to over-promote EE. Big smile 

Let's wait for the other 2 movies though.. Even I would like to watch them again! 

Edited by Pooriya - 01 June 2015 at 12:39am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906spashta-waktaanni80dlipmishkil88

dlip IF-Dazzler
dlip
dlip

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 1:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooriya

Watched Naandi & EE on weekend.
As expected, Naandi was really good. But I felt it could have been better. The concept and the selection of plays were good.. Pan HJ ne lihilela bhaag ajun jasta 'susutra' hou shakla asta asa vatla.. The core intention of the play was to show how the perception about women & morality has changes (or for that matter hasn't changed!) over the years.. So the dialogues between Spruha & HJ should have been more specific and crisp.. But despite this, it was a very good, one of it's kind experience.. I would like to watch it again Thumbs Up

I intend to buy the book 'Nandi' they have released. 

BTW, Sonali; do you remember few years back similar compilation was done by drama-crtic Kamalkar Nadkarni and the play was called as 'Panch-kanya'. The theme was 5 heroins from old classic dramas who dare to rebel against the 'then' prevailing norms. One was Sharada (G B Deval), Rukmini (from Drama Swyamwar), Bhamini (Drama - Manapman), Geeta (drama Ekach Payala)... I am unable to recollect the 5th oneCry

It was telecasted on Doordrashan as well. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyavidya0906.Neela.

spashta-wakta Goldie
spashta-wakta
spashta-wakta

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Misc comments on posts on the last few pages:
1. Yes, I found EE completely ordinary, with oversmart (AgAU) kids mouthing dialogues too witty for their IQ shown in the movie. I was smart enough to watch the movie in bits and pieces (with the French Open taking most of my time!) and so didn't get annoyed by ZM (Zee Marketing). I found the kids a little too KPS (khAUn piUn sukhI, a nicer-sounding synonym for 'plump') for their family background, though they acted really well - even their AgAU dialogues! The girl's hairstyle was a bit too 'mod' for her character, I thought.

2. I would highly recommend 'Ship of Theseus' and esp its second segment, as example of an outstanding Indian movie. I liked it as much as 'The Lunchbox'. Neeraj Kabi plays Maitreya, the monk, with such realism that I think he has to be one of the finesh actors in India today.

3. 'nAndI' is quite good, but like Pooriya, I think the HJ-written part could have been better. The parallel track between Spruha's character's real-life situation and the female characters presented in the play was not developed well.

4. 'Asmita' followers must have noted that the spiteful, jealous s-i-l of Asmita (Abhiman's sister Vaidehi) has exited the serial. Well, it seems Colors Marathi (which seems determined to give tough competition to Zee Marketing) is coming up with some competition to D3.

5. How long will D3 hold the viewers' interest? In absence of a storyline that moves forward, we are being shown, quite predictably, the travails of all six roomies one by one. It's Meenal's turn now. A particular dialogue by Meenal the other day, where she is shown complaining to Reshma about some girl who got a role strictly because of her family connections, must have really hit home (unintentionally)! Meenal tells Reshma: "nA rUp, nA rang, nA talent, tilA to role miLAlA to phakta tiche waDIl tyA company che mAlak Ahet mhaNUn!' (or something similar).
It couldn't be more ironical since almost all those adjective apply to Reshma herself!
IMHO (and I am sorry if this hurts her fans!), Reshma's acting hasn't improved by an iota from the first episode and it seems she got the role strictly because of her lineage. Although I won't like to comment about 'rang' and 'rUp', IMHO all other serials have more attractive actresses, incl D3.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

BasantiiPooriyavidya0906anni80.Neela.dlip-Zoey-mishkil88Nachiketj

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 2:46am | IP Logged
SW: all your comments fully agreed. Let me know if Ship of thesus is being run on any TV channel ? or you watched on dvd or in theater ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dlip

I intend to buy the book 'Nandi' they have released. 

BTW, Sonali; do you remember few years back similar compilation was done by drama-crtic Kamalkar Nadkarni and the play was called as 'Panch-kanya'. The theme was 5 heroins from old classic dramas who dare to rebel against the 'then' prevailing norms. One was Sharada (G B Deval), Rukmini (from Drama Swyamwar), Bhamini (Drama - Manapman), Geeta (drama Ekach Payala)... I am unable to recollect the 5th oneCry

It was telecasted on Doordrashan as well. 

Dilip da, yes now that you mentioned about it, I do remember a play like that! But I haven't watched it.. I couldn't even remember the 4 kanyaas you mentioned, forget the fifth one Smile But was it Manorama (from drama Manorama) or Sairandhri (from Kichakvadh) by any chance?

On that note, do read "Nataka thevanitli" book by K. Nadkarni. I have heard it's good, and is currently in my wishlist to read Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spashta-waktadlip

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

2. I would highly recommend 'Ship of Theseus' and esp its second segment, as example of an outstanding Indian movie. I liked it as much as 'The Lunchbox'. Neeraj Kabi plays Maitreya, the monk, with such realism that I think he has to be one of the finesh actors in India today.

5. How long will D3 hold the viewers' interest? In absence of a storyline that moves forward, we are being shown, quite predictably, the travails of all six roomies one by one. It's Meenal's turn now. A particular dialogue by Meenal the other day, where she is shown complaining to Reshma about some girl who got a role strictly because of her family connections, must have really hit home (unintentionally)! Meenal tells Reshma: "nA rUp, nA rang, nA talent, tilA to role miLAlA to phakta tiche waDIl tyA company che mAlak Ahet mhaNUn!' (or something similar).
It couldn't be more ironical since almost all those adjective apply to Reshma herself!
IMHO (and I am sorry if this hurts her fans!), Reshma's acting hasn't improved by an iota from the first episode and it seems she got the role strictly because of her lineage. Although I won't like to comment about 'rang' and 'rUp', IMHO all other serials have more attractive actresses, incl D3.

Oh yes! Ship of theseus was  an absolute delight.  It was a beautiful idea in itself, to make a movie on a thought experiment.. and they did it wonderfully
Mishkil, I don't know if the movie has come on TV, but buying a CD is worth it, if you like philosophical discussions/movies.

In case of D3, even meenal herself a star-child! Mhanun ch tyani Ranbeer kapoor cha udaaharan deun ek palvaat kadhun thevli dialogues madhun Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

spashta-wakta.Neela.anni80dlipmishkil88

ilovecrepes IF-Sizzlerz
ilovecrepes
ilovecrepes

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mishkil88

EE didn't live upto huge expectation created by enormous hype. Simple and predictable story but outstanding performances by all actors. Ofcourse the ad-breaks and shining by Madhugandha herself on her vishesh "gyan" about upvas & ekadashi etc was quite annoying. 

Word!!

Originally posted by spashta-wakta

Word again!

He one act play at a kantalvane hot ahet! Like I said dreamers (prod house) need to brainstorm. 6 pqike 2 epis baghnyasarkhe astat

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spashta-waktadlipmishkil88

dlip IF-Dazzler
dlip
dlip

Posted: 01 June 2015 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooriya

On that note, do read "Nataka thevanitli" book by K. Nadkarni. I have heard it's good, and is currently in my wishlist to read Smile

Kamalakar Nadkarni-che Nataka-waril lekh changale asayache. Ek-did varshapurvi te loksatte madhe weekly column lihayache. The theme was winning dramas of yesteryear's from 'Maharashtra Rajya Natya spardha'. It was a good nostalgic ride!

Kamlakar Nadkani-nchya adhi 'Madhav Manohar' hyanchi 'Natka-warchi vishleshane' wachayala mala awadayche.

Ravindra Pathare also write good reviews in currently active writers.

Edited by dlip - 01 June 2015 at 10:20pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooriyamishkil88

Go to top