Zee Marathi

Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 (Page 116)

anni80 Goldie
anni80
anni80

Posted: 03 September 2015 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Neela.

@ Anni,
Best time to be on the forum - dialed into a meeting that makes no sense LOL.  Just kite flying!!!!!

Doing good re!!  Busy at work, but that's not new. First day of school for Adu today, so relieved in way and I more anxious than her...is that abnormal?? LOL  She was just Cool about it, as always (since her first day at day care when she was 3.5 )!!  I guess most of them are, it's just the mothers who feel like taking a shot of abs TongueLOL!!

Ladke ne kitna addict kiya hai abs shots se sabko?!!LOL  Although having worked with litres of alcohol during the academic life, I just cannot fathom how people enjoy those shots!!

Tell me about the drama.  I was SO tempted to post on the KYY forum yesterday looking at people all cursing and what not, but it was already late by the time I actually read the forum and besides on such occasions even a word of sanity is misinterpreted, so I just read and banged my head!!Wacko

Yup, I will miss all the gushing by others and silent reading on my part; although I was very late in the journey.  But everything has to end and glad that we had 245 full episodes to cherish!!Heart Star  Cannot ask for more!!

Well...GTC ians will heave a sigh of relief that KYY has ended for us Big smileLOL 

Hope you are slowly settling in Quatar!! 

Are dont even try to put sense in them... u will repent like anything...

Enjoy the fun... thats it...

Thats good... adu's school.started... dont know when my son's sch will start Confused...  waise to got settled over here but right now running for his admission... 

And i am with u... i also feel the same way when the school gets started... LOL prev when my married friends used to cry abt vacations and children being at home... i used to b like... kaisi hai yeh...bachcha ghar main hai aur isko achcha nahi lag raha hai...Angry but now i can empathise with them...LOL

And abs shots...LOL u reminded me of his london thumak da...DancingParty

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906.Neela.

.Neela. Goldie
.Neela.
.Neela.

Posted: 03 September 2015 at 5:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidya0906

Hey Neela, Anni nice discussions Big smile  
Fans have really gone berserk there Wacko  just chk the comment below

"Niti is free to romance anyone in a new serial..no1 stopping that.  But nandini should romance only manik is what we are sayingShockedLOL   

So now, if Nandu is shown romancing with that new character Yuvraj...then all hell will break loose LOL   Gosh, how stressful it must be for these actors, isnt it?

Vidya!!!!!! EmbarrassedCool

@ Blue + Red : S2 me Taylor ka bhoot Nandini ka role kar raha hai kya??LOL  Ya phir uski judwa behen!!! Silly

And people have already paired YuvRAJ + Niti = RAJNITI Broken Heart. Ab PaNi ko bhoolne me kitna time lagega??

Ufff...kya intelligence hai trending karne waalon ka!!! Clap  Most of them must be below 25!  Instead of wasting their time and energy in fruitless trending, if they even spend 5 % of that time in what they are supposed to do at this age, they can bear the desired fruits to their parent's investment!! Angry Neither MTV nor BBC nor even THE 'Sum1' who has departed long time back and always had his one foot out of  yaariaanWink give a flying F*** for this trend OuchSleepy ! Waise I have seen even a mother of 2 kids having the same feelings on the KY2 forum and I was like hadd hai baba!!

Cannot get more entertaining than - "Parth is glowing"  LOLLOL
"Parth's legs are sexy"!!!!!!!! ROFLROFL

Entertainment! Entertainment!! Entertainment !!!

Edited by .Neela. - 03 September 2015 at 7:52pm

vidya0906anni80

.Neela. Goldie
.Neela.
.Neela.

Posted: 03 September 2015 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidya0906

SW, my answers to some of your questionsTongue

SW Sir has assigned more HW ??!!!!Embarrassed

When did that happen?!!!
Looks like he got all motivated with our correct answers Big smileI haven't read some pages in between, just got caught up in the last page!! HA HA...will take a look later / over the weekend!!

You seem to have got all of those correct Vidya!! Thumbs Up

Originally posted by spashta-wakta

@Neela: MD's flop show of HSMHG reminds me of the fable about the dog and the bullock cart. A dog is walking underneath a bullock cart and gets it into its head that it is driving the cart. So it decides to show its power and stops suddenly. The cart doesn't stop, of course, the dog gets
exposed as the cart goes ahead and is run over by a car.

That's exactly what happened to MD. He thought his direction had produced a winner when it was the public love for Shree & Janhavi that was driving the serial. When he broke the pair, the story deteriorated and the serial slumped, never to recover.

Very well said SW!!Thumbs Up

Zopi gelelya mansala jaaga karta yeta pan jhopecha song ghetlelyala kahi karta yet nahi!!Stern Smile Durdaiva prekshkancha dusra kaay!!

Edited by .Neela. - 03 September 2015 at 7:22pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906spashta-waktaanni80

.Neela. Goldie
.Neela.
.Neela.

Posted: 03 September 2015 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anni80

Thats good... adu's school.started... dont know when my son's sch will start Confused...  waise to got settled over here but right now running for his admission... 

And i am with u... i also feel the same way when the school gets started... LOL prev when my married friends used to cry abt vacations and children being at home... i used to b like... kaisi hai yeh...bachcha ghar main hai aur isko achcha nahi lag raha hai...Angry but now i can empathise with them...LOL

@ Bold :  I hope the admissions in Quatar are not as crazy as in India.  Good Luck for the admissions. My nephew's wife went back from the US to Pune last year to secure admission for her 3 year old son in a 'good' school in Pune.  Nephew is still here.  Disapprove  Don't see any reason for pushing the kids that hard at such an early age, guess it's easier said than done.

Here we have pretty easy system for Public schools.  The kids are automatically assigned a school in the area in which you live.  So each city is divided into different school districts and the kids have to enroll in the school district where they reside.  Process for Private schools (at least in NY) is also not bad - there is an entrance test - even for kids @ kindergarden - ripping off starts here with a fee of $500 for the test and even if the kids get above 95 percentile, there is a long list of criteria for being eligible for financial aid, the most important being parent's income!! Else it's straight $22-30,000 per year right from KG!!! And there is crap challenge until middle school, basically Private schools don't offer anything much different than Public schools.  In fact Public schools with a rating above 8 land up in graduating equally talented kids as Private schools. 

@ Red:  London ne shayad bande ko thenga dikhaya hai!! Ouch Wasn't he supposed to go to London for the thumka by end of August??  Doing big talk seems to be a criterion for survival these days!! Well, whatever...let's hope he gets good roles to prove his mettle!!  Else, this same fandom who have raised him to the abode won't even think for a split second to push him down the cliff!!

vidya0906anni80

spashta-wakta Goldie
spashta-wakta
spashta-wakta

Posted: 03 September 2015 at 11:10pm | IP Logged

SW Sir has assigned more HW ??!!!!Embarrassed

When did that happen?!!!
Looks like he got all motivated with our correct answers Big smileI haven't read some pages in between, just got caught up in the last page!! HA HA...will take a look later / over the weekend!!

You seem to have got all of those correct Vidya!! Thumbs Up

VidyArthI / vidyArthinI hushAr astIl tar shikshakAnA dekhIl hurUp yeto! 

I thought I should test some different type of GK than the usual logic / analytical / math puzzles.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906.Neela.anni80

anni80 Goldie
anni80
anni80

Posted: 04 September 2015 at 12:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by anni80

@ Bold :  I hope the admissions in Quatar are not as crazy as in India.  Good Luck for the admissions. 

Here we have pretty easy system for Public schools.  The kids are automatically assigned a school in the area in which you live.  So each city is divided into different school districts and the kids have to enroll in the school district where they reside.  Process for Private schools (at least in NY) is also not bad - there is an entrance test - even for kids @ kindergarden - ripping off starts here with a fee of $500 for the test and even if the kids get above 95 percentile, there is a long list of criteria for being eligible for financial aid, the most important being parent's income!! Else it's straight $22-30,000 per year right from KG!!! And there is crap challenge until middle school, basically Private schools don't offer anything much different than Public schools.  In fact Public schools with a rating above 8 land up in graduating equally talented kids as Private schools. 

@ Red:  London ne shayad bande ko thenga dikhaya hai!! Ouch Wasn't he supposed to go to London for the thumka by end of August??  Doing big talk seems to be a criterion for survival these days!! Well, whatever...let's hope he gets good roles to prove his mettle!!  Else, this same fandom who have raised him to the abode won't even think for a split second to push him down the cliff!!

Fortunately I never faced any sort of problem in India... by God's grace though and secondly baroda is a medium sized city but populer for quality of education...

I got him in small pre school... but it was one of the chain of pre schools acros India and tge princi over there was woth very sharp business mind hence she made a tie up with another big school which was also having its branches across india... so easily got the admission for grade 1

But over here i am.looking for mid term.admission and no of cbse schools are limited as compared to no of indians over here so its very difficult to get admission... and as for internationl schools over here toh they r full of rich spoiled pampered arabic kids who have only one essential ques as to where to and how to spend the money today????Ouch not our cup of tea...

vidya0906.Neela.

mishkil88 IF-Sizzlerz
mishkil88
mishkil88

Posted: 04 September 2015 at 3:15am | IP Logged
Anni you are settled now ?

vidya0906anni80

Pooriya Senior Member
Pooriya
Pooriya

Posted: 04 September 2015 at 4:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by spashta-wakta

Here's a different puzzle. It is intended for readers and even among readers, for those who have read a lot of old English Classics.
Famous First Lines:
Have you ever been so moved, amused, or provoked by the first 
line of a novel that it stayed in your memory long after you finished 
the book and put it back on the shelf? Here's your chance to see
just how many first lines you remember (or how many you can guess). Try to 
match each of the following opening lines with the correct novel.

Well, I haven't read as much English lit as Marathi.. But here are the answers to 3 of them -

2. "All children, except one, grow up."  - Peter Pan!!

4.  "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in 
possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."   - But of course, Pride & Prejudice

and lastly, (though I have not yet read the book fully, I had started to read it online.. and left as I couldn't continue to read on screen)
13.  "'To be born again,' sang Gibreel Farishta tumbling from the 
heavens, 'first you have to die.'"  - Satanic Verses.

This actually reminds me of another great first line from another famous book -

"Mother died today, or may be yesterday. I can't be sure." - The Stranger by Albert Camus
The sentence sends chills down the spine, when you first read it. 
Bhalchandra Nemade used this same style in opening Kosala. There, the protagonist says "Majha naav Pandurang Sangvikar. Vay bahutek 15 varsha"

Edited by Pooriya - 04 September 2015 at 4:24am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vidya0906spashta-wakta.Neela.anni80

Go to top