Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Pooriya

Also, wanted to know if the new album of Shshank k & Dipika Jog is good.. Not sure if its released or yet to be released. TIA :) 

Hey Sonali, Yaara has been released...chk the video..its nice...SK's singing also is good 👍🏼

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb8vxLW-Z8E&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooriya

I didn't imagine people really enjoyed solving 😉 so I stopped.. But as there seems to be real big interest in puzzles, here are two which are relatively easier. I'll try to improve the level gradually :D

1. You want to send a valuable object to a friend securely. You have a box which can be fitted with multiple locks, and you have several locks and their corresponding keys. However, your friend does not have any keys to your locks, and if you send a key in an unlocked box, the key could be copied en route. How can you and your friend send the object securely?

2. Four switches can be turned on or off. One is the lightswitch for the incandescent overhead light in the next room, which is initially off, but you don't know which. The other three switches do nothing. From the room with the switches in it, you can't see whether the light in the next room is turned on or off. You may flip the switches as often and as many times as you like, but once you enter the next room to check on the light, you must be able to say which switch controls the light without flipping the switches any further. (And you can't open the door without entering, either!) How can you determine which switch controls the light? 

Thanks very much Sonali and SW for promptly posting puzzles
And Sorry Shaagird  and Mishkil to have left you alone on the puzzle front 😃 😳

All the new comers- please feel free to give a shot to answering if you are interested.

1. This one is answered by my daughter 😛 and her response to the question - it's pretty obvious!!! I am 😕 and had hoped my friend can outsmart me 😉.  

Ans: I can put the valuable object in the box, lock it with any of the locks I have and send it to my friend.  My friend, can use one of his own locks and resend me the box with both locks.  Then I remove my lock and resend the box to him with just his lock which he can unlock and get the treasure out!!!!!!!!   (I must have been a BCCI member / politician to do an under the table deal )😆

2. I am with Zoey on this one.  If there were just 3 bulbs, this would have been pretty easy.  But in this case turn the 3rd and 4th switches on and wait for at least 10 mins. Then turn switch 3 off, switch 2 on and go in the room where the bulb is placed. If the bulb dark and cool, then switch 1 controls it and if it is bright and cool, switch 2 controls it. If it is dark & warm switch 3 controls where as if it is bright and warm, switch 4 controls. 

Phew!!  Waiting for the answers now.

Will be back over the weekend. 
Edited by Neela007 - 8 years ago
mishkil88 thumbnail
Pretty woman was being played on some channel -  i was watching on last wkend. I didn't find Julia roberts suitable for her role of a call-girl. She always looks like educated woman and hence a movie like Erin Brokovitch suited her persona.  But PW was a biggest hit of 1990 and richard gere is also reason for that. It is still enjoyable to watch old classics like PW & Godfather etc.
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Use of barcode scanners at Hyderbad Aiprort is under implementation.
This will help to get rid of Airport Security stamping the boarding pass and hand-bag tags!

As per the practice prevailing at all domestic and International airports in India, when security check is completed at airport, the boarding pass and tag on hand bag is 'stamped' by airport security staff to indicate security clearance. These stamps are then verified by another Security person standing before Aero-bridge / before transfer Bus. (1st boarding pass and hand bag tag above)

At Hyderabad, now they have started trials of 'E-gate' by introducing 'bar code scanner' at gate entry, after security check and before Aero-bridge.

At entry, when the boarding pass is scanned, the entry gate opens allowing person to go ahead for security check. At security check point, when the boarding pass is scanned, traveler's boarding details get displayed at touch screen view panel near security person who does frisking. After satisfactory checking, the security person has to press 'ACCEPT' option on touch screen display at panel near him. They will NOT stamp the hand bag tag and boarding pass with 'Self-inking Stamp' (2nd boarding pass and hand bag tag above)

One portable scanner/ view panel is provided near the aero-bridge. When the boarding of flight begins, the Security near aero-bridge will scan the boarding pass, a green light with beep sounds will indicate security check is satisfactory and guest will be allowed to board the flight. 

If anybody has done web-check in and if the boarding pass is available in his/her smartphone, then even that can be scanned by this system eliminating need of 'printed boarding pass!

This system is under trial at Hyderabad for selective flights (may be at other airports as well). Hope they will implement it soon at domestic and particularly at international terminals. 

I have seen many travelers from other countries getting confused by this 'Stamping' procedure by airport security. If stamp found missing on any boarding pass or handbag , the security does not allow passenger to board the flight. 

I do not recollect any country I visited (including Pakistan) have such 'Stamping' procedure. Let's hope that this technology will help to get rid of 'Stamping' without jeopardizing safety requirements!

Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
Basantii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am hooked to Reporters, thanks to u all and especially Vidya. 😊
Liked Krittika Kamra from Kuchh Toh Log Kahenge ( watched until Mohnish Behl played the male lead) times; but Rajeev Khandelwal is a revelation as pure magic.

I will take the opportunity to thank those who endorsed Zindagi Gulzar Hai and Agnihotra here too.

The TV world is so huge that such recommendations are necessary and do almost always lead towards the Best among the run of the mill.
⭐️

mishkil88 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Basantii

I am hooked to Reporters, thanks to u all and especially Vidya. 😊

Liked Krittika Kamra from Kuchh Toh Log Kahenge ( watched until Mohnish Behl played the male lead) times; but Rajeev Khandelwal is a revelation as pure magic.

I will take the opportunity to thank those who endorsed Zindagi Gulzar Hai and Agnihotra here too.

The TV world is so huge that such recommendations are necessary and do almost always lead towards the Best among the run of the mill.
⭐️

but what this serial about ? is it like asmita or jayostute or crime petrol ?? must be detective or suspense on episodic lines na ?
Basantii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its  base is Tv journalism. Then the leads aretwo journalists; a popular,succesfull, good samaritan and super strict editor in chief  Rajeev Khandelwal " Kabeer Sharma" and a talented, new entrant to journalism with dreams of becoming someone like him Kritika Kamra " Ananya Kashyap".
They are showing how tv journalism works, with very much realistic approach.

I read that Rajeev's character is based on likes of Arnab Goswami.

Its not an episodic series. This is continued story but has different news stories going on, for which they do investigations and from what I have seen so far Rajeev does impersonate others as need be.
There is office politics going on and several crushes, several love triangles too. And lead characters' personal life and problems are shown as well.
Edited by Basantii - 8 years ago
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Zee Marahi channel la ata 'Zee Marathi's Marketing channel' mhatale pahije!

ZM ne sagalya serials chya leads na 'Elizabeth ekdashi' chya ghanya-la jumaple aahe (Other than SK-TP, obviously for their 'personal' reasons)
On channel's web site, there is separate 'Menu heading' created as 'Elizabeth Ekadashi' ani tithe sagalya serials madhalya leads che videos takalel aahet. (Bal-ish?). 3d-walanchye tar aakhe gane aahe don-adich minutes che. (Hya ganya-sathi tyancha nakkich ek diwas khalla asnar!)

I wonder, ajun kuthalya serial madhe 'ekadashi' che varnan karanare scene (kinwa tyatali mule) kase ghusavale nahiyet! (or is it already done? Because now a days I am not following any marathi serial other than 3D)
Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Basantii

Its  base is Tv journalism. Then the leads aretwo journalists; a popular,succesfull, good samaritan and super strict editor in chief  Rajeev Khandelwal " Kabeer Sharma" and a talented, new entrant to journalism with dreams of becoming someone like him Kritika Kamra " Ananya Kashyap".

They are showing how tv journalism works, with very much realistic approach.

I read that Rajeev's character is based on likes of Arnab Goswami.

Its not an episodic series. This is continued story but has different news stories going on, for which they do investigations and from what I have seen so far Rajeev does impersonate others as need be.
There is office politics going on and several crushes, several love triangles too. And lead characters' personal life and problems are shown as well.

I'm glad ppl r enjoying it! Busy schedule mule hardly a few epis milale. I used to see it a Karo na mujhe pyar (ronit Roy!!)😉
Tevha baghayche reporters.

mishkil88 thumbnail
Dilip - aata Ekadashi chya promos cha paus chalu aahe nantar Dr. PBA ani Lokamanya he pan yeu ghatle aahet karan te suddha ZM ne produce kele aahet.  Lai bhari cha dhingana sampla. 😆