Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: .Neela.

@ Bold :  I hope the admissions in Quatar are not as crazy as in India.  Good Luck for the admissions. 

Here we have pretty easy system for Public schools.  The kids are automatically assigned a school in the area in which you live.  So each city is divided into different school districts and the kids have to enroll in the school district where they reside.  Process for Private schools (at least in NY) is also not bad - there is an entrance test - even for kids @ kindergarden - ripping off starts here with a fee of $500 for the test and even if the kids get above 95 percentile, there is a long list of criteria for being eligible for financial aid, the most important being parent's income!! Else it's straight $22-30,000 per year right from KG!!! And there is crap challenge until middle school, basically Private schools don't offer anything much different than Public schools.  In fact Public schools with a rating above 8 land up in graduating equally talented kids as Private schools. 

@ Red:  London ne shayad bande ko thenga dikhaya hai!!  Wasn't he supposed to go to London for the thumka by end of August??  Doing big talk seems to be a criterion for survival these days!! Well, whatever...let's hope he gets good roles to prove his mettle!!  Else, this same fandom who have raised him to the abode won't even think for a split second to push him down the cliff!!

Fortunately I never faced any sort of problem in India... by God's grace though and secondly baroda is a medium sized city but populer for quality of education...

I got him in small pre school... but it was one of the chain of pre schools acros India and tge princi over there was woth very sharp business mind hence she made a tie up with another big school which was also having its branches across india... so easily got the admission for grade 1

But over here i am.looking for mid term.admission and no of cbse schools are limited as compared to no of indians over here so its very difficult to get admission... and as for internationl schools over here toh they r full of rich spoiled pampered arabic kids who have only one essential ques as to where to and how to spend the money today???? not our cup of tea...
mishkil88 thumbnail
Anni you are settled now ?
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

Here's a different puzzle. It is intended for readers and even among readers, for those who have read a lot of old English Classics.

Famous First Lines:
Have you ever been so moved, amused, or provoked by the first 
line of a novel that it stayed in your memory long after you finished 
the book and put it back on the shelf? Here's your chance to see
just how many first lines you remember (or how many you can guess). Try to 
match each of the following opening lines with the correct novel.

Well, I haven't read as much English lit as Marathi.. But here are the answers to 3 of them -

2. "All children, except one, grow up."  - Peter Pan!!

4.  "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in 
possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."   - But of course, Pride & Prejudice

and lastly, (though I have not yet read the book fully, I had started to read it online.. and left as I couldn't continue to read on screen)
13.  "'To be born again,' sang Gibreel Farishta tumbling from the 
heavens, 'first you have to die.'"  - Satanic Verses.

This actually reminds me of another great first line from another famous book -

"Mother died today, or may be yesterday. I can't be sure." - The Stranger by Albert Camus
The sentence sends chills down the spine, when you first read it. 
Bhalchandra Nemade used this same style in opening Kosala. There, the protagonist says "Majha naav Pandurang Sangvikar. Vay bahutek 15 varsha"
Edited by Pooriya - 8 years ago
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

Anni you are settled now ?

Yeah almost settled... only my son's school.admission is pending... once it is done i will finally be settledπŸ˜†
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TGIF!!
New movie with muralele kalakaar and some newbies πŸ˜›.  This is Atul Kulkarni's first venture into Production.  I am 50-50 looking at the first view of Rajwade & Sons πŸ€”

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50mU58bGrsA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWAHsm7H9wY&feature=share[/YOUTUBE]

Do I need to say who looks the most gorgeous of all??!! She doesen't seem to age β€οΈ  Despite the hott Mrinmayee Godbole in line

Edited by .Neela. - 8 years ago
Nachiketj thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Neela.

Do I need to say who looks the most gorgeous of all??!! She doesen't seem to age β€οΈ  Despite the hott Mrinmayee Godbole in line

Mrinal Kulkarni β€οΈβ˜ΊοΈ
Edited by Nachiketj - 8 years ago
Nachiketj thumbnail
Tumhala 'patel' athva na 'patel' (patla tar ghya nahitar sodun dya πŸ˜ƒ)
ZMs reservation/aarakshan criteria

HSM - ST
NSB - SC
KRD - OBC
JYRG - General 

HSMcha 'hardik' abhinandan πŸ‘

vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Woww Neela, that movie promises to be good...Atul and Mrunal are siblings in it?   She of course is an ageless wonder...remember seeing her from the vicco turmeric ad days...and she hasnt changed at all πŸ‘πŸΌ

Btw, had posted this video in the K2G thread a few days back...its a beautiful rendition by Shankar Mahadevan...this too is a much awaited movie 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaa8jBmxaCI[/YOUTUBE]

Aur kal yaad hai na, kaun aa raha hai?  Happy Janmashtami friends in advance πŸ˜›

Edited by vidya0906 - 8 years ago
Nachiketj thumbnail
Vidya and Neela, Mrunal Kulkarni is my fav since Avantika, Guntata Hriday Hai and Daawat on Me Marathi channel...what an elegance  I had just missed a chance to meet her at Vile Parle restaurant πŸ˜­

Two marathi beauties I absolutely adore 

Edited by Nachiketj - 8 years ago
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vidya0906

Woww Neela, that movie promises to be good...Atul and Mrunal are siblings in it?   She of course is an ageless wonder...remember seeing her from the vicco turmeric ad days...and she hasnt changed at all πŸ‘πŸΌ

Btw, had posted this video in the K2G thread a few days back...its a beautiful rendition by Shankar Mahadevan...this too is a much awaited movie 

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaa8jBmxaCI[/YOUTUBE]

Aur kal yaad hai na, kaun aa raha hai?  Happy Janmashtami friends in advance πŸ˜›

That rendition by Shankar M. just gave me goose bumps!! β­οΈ β€οΈ.  Thanks for sharing it Vidya.  I have to yet see the natak that was telecast on ZM last month?  Perhaps over this long weekend if I don't have anyone coming over.

Happy Janmashtami to all!! That baal Krishna is so cute!!!!! β€οΈ