Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@vidya... 
yesterday i was like u... super pissed off with media and their over excitement on YM topic... 

I received one beautiful message on whatsapp regarding YM..

THe message was saying

"Dharmasathi jihad kara,
Melyavar jannat milel

asha vicharani pravrutta zaleli loka...
Fashi zalyavar dayecha arz ka kartat... ?"

anyway... good that he is a closed chapter now...

but what annoyed me yesterday was the hyper activeness of news media...

without even confirming the news they start showing it...

Yesterday the news of demise of ShivShahir Babasaheb Purandare was doing the rounds on TV news channels... 
It was so pathetic, annoying and disturbing...

and i am sure when they would have come to know that this is hoax news.. shamelessly they must have apologised and again must have gone back to the hot topic of the day YM...

as regards Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam... he never required this .. and up there he must be feeling relieved to see that he has not become the chewing bone of this stupid media,,, He has given his full life for serving this nation and he will be happy with that and as regards us toh i will say that he has made place in the heart of each and every Indian... and i am feeling satisfied about it...

somehow i never liked that live telecast of funeral going on TV for all big politicians... 
because media treat this also as event πŸ˜‘

anni80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dlip

Neela, anni, Zoey and all KYY lovers,

I am on 'India Forum' for last many years (mainly following hindi serial threads) and always get zapped by the 'post makers' who write such 'analytical' posts about the serials and episodes they love. 

It's definitely a tough task and one really needs to understand, interpret and put the thoughts logically. Most challenging part while wrting such analytical posts is to hold your thoughts (for such long time) till you finsih the writing πŸ‘

Hats off to both of you for these writeup. Anni, perhaps this is the 'longest' post of your's till date? I can see the magic of KYY.

KYY is at the moment no 1 serial on India Forum and is being discussed the most!

Keep watching (and loving) the serial you all KYY-lovers πŸ˜Š

Thanks Dilip da... πŸ˜Š

yess indeed it is the most lengthiest post of mine... and i hope i have not bored u all with all my analysis... 
πŸ˜›
Yeah KYY ka jadu sar chadh ke bol raha hai... πŸ˜‰

its just that now a days i only watch KYY and so my mind is entirely there... and as regards analysis toh i would say this is the side effect of surfing on KYY forum and especially MaNan AT where some beautiful analytical minds are there... who are expert in "nikaling baal ki khaal" πŸ˜† to unka kuch to asar hoga na mujh pe πŸ˜‰

and on top of that Neela made such a wonderful post ... toh how can I restrict myself from giving my POV... as i'm too a big fan of both the serials... 
Edited by anni80 - 8 years ago
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anni80

super pissed off with media and their over excitement on YM topic... 

but what annoyed me yesterday was the hyper activeness of news media...

Yesterday the news of demise of ShivShahir Babasaheb Purandare was doing the rounds on TV news channels... 

and i am sure when they would have come to know that this is hoax news.. shamelessly they must have apologised and again must have gone back to the hot topic of the day YM...

live telecast of funeral going on TV for all big politicians... 
because media treat this also as event πŸ˜‘

I do not know if anybody had watched movie 'Phir Bhi dil hai Hindustani' made by Shahruk Khan-Aziz Mirza. 

15-16 Years back, when released, it was not much successful commercially. The movie was much ahead of it's time.

It had shown how the 'Media Monster' is going to engulf our 'sensitivity' (Samvedanshilta!). 

Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
anni80 thumbnail

I do not know if anybody had watched movie 'Phir Bhi dil hai Hindustani' made by Shahruk Khan-Aziz Mirza. 

15-16 Years back, when released, it was not much successful commercially. The movie was much ahead of it's time.

It had shown how the 'Media Monster' is going to engulf our 'sensitivity' (Samvedshilta!). 

yess i have watched that movie.. it was released in 1999 i guess... at that time this news media was just at its stage of booming up... it was a tight slap to lame and pathetic attitude of media towards sensitive topics... In the first scene itself they showed the fakeness of the "created news" with that bomb unit scene...

mishkil88 thumbnail
dilip - yes and how media rascals work is more evident in Page3.
anni80 thumbnail
page 3 was a total disturbing movie... 
I still remember after watching that movie me pudhche kahi taas sunnna houn basle hote... My brain had stopped working for some time...

after that i never ever dared to watch that movie again...
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vidya0906

Times Of India once again proves it's TOILET😑😑😑

Ashamed to see the entire front page and extra 4 pages shouting headlines of defamed Yakub hanging😑  and an obscure tiny space on page 15 given to President Kalam's cremation today at Rameswaram πŸ˜”

Have we reached the pinnacle of nihilism of all values? It's a sad reality that the so called media propagates sensationalist articles versus those events which reflect true reality...honoring a true Bharat Ratna is not sensational enough for them😑   Truly Sad.    The criterion seems to be "number of eyeballs attracted" as opposed to "honoring an honest contributor" πŸ˜•

The various news channels are behaving as if some national hero has gone..the way they are giving a blow by blow account 😑🀒   Justice has been served, move on for godsakes!!!!!   Now please switch over to the man who actually deserves news time - Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam _/\_

I never had much respect for TOIlet Paper of India from the very beginning. It was almost a Congress Party mouthpiece for the longest time and has always had an anti-Hindu slant (also the case with 'The Hindu' which is generally called 'The Anti-Hindu').

What were the 'eminent' retired justices and advocates and other jokers (Ram Jethmalani, Mani Shankar Iyer, Mahesh Bhatt) doing for all these years if they felt an injustice was done to YM? How did their hearts suddenly start bleeding for him? Have they shed a single tear for the 257 dead and 716 injured by the bomb blasts? Do they not know that contrary to the recent propaganda, YM did NOT surrender?

This poor innocent chap was absconding since the bomb blasts along with his family and was under the protection of ISI. He was caught in Kathmandu and extradited to India - so much for the myth of his 'surrender'. 

Why the death penalty of some others was commuted and not his is not a question these retired justices and advocates should be asking the President - they should stand in front of a mirror and ask themselves. Why his dealth sentence was carried out and not that of Rajiv Gandhi's or Beant Singh's killers? Does it matter? It's like asking the policeman why you are ticketing me for speeding and not the other guys who are going even faster? The answer to both the questions is the same: Are you at fault? Then face the punishment you have been given.

To those who ask when others involved in rioting (1984 anti-sikh riots, 2002 Godhra train burning, 2002 post-Godhra riots etc) will get punished - let the wheels of justice turn. We did wait for 22 years for YM to hang, after all.

The signatories to the petition include some usual suspects: Anand Patwardhan, a 'secular' Marathi filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt & Ram Jathmalani - 2 senile contrarians (they always take a view against popular opinion), the usual commie brigade etc. But why have a bunch of NGO officebearers who work in the area of women's education/ emancipation signed the petition? YM's petition has nothing to do with their area of interest/ expertise.

I am quite disappointed that noted Marathi writer Vineeta Bal, filmmaker Sandhya Gokhale (of 'We are on - houn jau dya' notoriety), women's rights activists Sujata Gothoskar, Manisha Gupte and economist/ journalist Anant Phadke signed this petition. What were they thinking?

I almost expect the usual 'secular' troublemakers like Rev John Dayal, writer Dinesh D'souza etc to be among the signatories, but I wish the petitioners had written even a single sentence about the enormity of the crime to which YM was a party.

The petition quotes late B. Raman, (the RAW operative who oversaw the arrest of YM) whose article questioning the wisdom of the death sentence to YM was released to the press by his brother just last week. But it fails to note that Mr B. Raman has unequivocally stated that for his role in the Mumbai blasts and his actions until his arrest, YM fully deserves the death penalty. He goes on to say that since YM gave important testimony incriminating his brother and exposing the conspiracy, his post-arrest behaviour deserves a more lenient sentence (i.e. life imprisonment).

Going by the chest-beating in the press over the last few days, a person unfamiliar with the case would feel that YM was a genuine Bharat Ratna who was wrongly hanged!  

Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

I
To those who ask when others involved in rioting (1984 anti-sikh riots, 2002 Godhra train burning, 2002 post-Godhra riots etc) will get punished - let the wheels of justice turn. We did wait for 22 years for YM to hang, after all.

The signatories to the petition include some usual suspects: Anand Patwardhan, a 'secular' Marathi filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt & Ram Jathmalani - 2 senile contrarians (they always take a view against popular opinion), the usual commie brigade etc. But why have a bunch of NGO officebearers who work in the area of women's education/ emancipation signed the petition? YM's petition has nothing to do with their area of interest/ expertise.

I am quite disappointed that noted Marathi writer Vineeta Bal, filmmaker Sandhya Gokhale (of 'We are on - houn jau dya' notoriety), women's rights activists Sujata Gothoskar, Manisha Gupte and economist/ journalist Anant Phadke signed this petition. What were they thinking?

I almost expect the usual 'secular' troublemakers like Rev John Dayal, writer Dinesh D'souza etc to be among the signatories, but I wish the petitioners had written even a single sentence about the enormity of the crime to which YM was a party.

I agree with all your views regarding this execution.

@bold: Khara ahe.. Mulaat mudda asa ahe ki yaa prakaraat "religion" or "secularism" cha kahihi sambandha nahi.. 

Gunha jhala, lokanche praan gele, 'kaahi' aaropi saapadle.. ani atyant gambheer gunhya baddal tyana faashi ch shiksha denyat ali. baas. itka sopa ahe..!

But I would also like our judiciary system little faster.. 22 varsha mhanje faar ch zale itkya mothya gunhyasathi. Also, what abt ppl like Sanjay Dutt? te public figures aslyane nirdosh sutatat.. he vaait ahe. 
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pooriya

But I would also like our judiciary system little faster.. 22 varsha mhanje faar ch zale itkya mothya gunhyasathi. Also, what abt ppl like Sanjay Dutt? te public figures aslyane nirdosh sutatat.. he vaait ahe. 

IMO, Celebrities na 'wegali waganuk (special treatment)' milayali harkat nahi (kimbahuna, to tyancha hakkacha aahe) hi aaplya samaajachi-ch manasikata aahe πŸ˜‘

ani, he aajache nahiye ... Itihas (history) dekhil tech sangato!

Keval 'Shivaji-cha'  mulaga hota mhanun(ach) 'Sambhaji' che 'Aurangjeba-la jaun milane swikarle gele. Gelya shatkat tar he 'glorify' kele gele, tyala 'bhavanik' touch deun! (for e.g Drama - Raigadala jevha jaag yete by Vasant Kanetkar and novel 'Chava' by Shivaji Sawant)
Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=dlip
IMO, Celebrities na 'wegali waganuk (special treatment)' milayali harkat nahi (kimbahuna, to tyancha hakkacha aahe) hi aaplya samaajachi-ch manasikata aahe πŸ˜‘

ani, he aajache nahiye ... Itihas (history) dekhil tech sangato!

Keval 'Shivaji-cha'  mulaga hota mhanun(ach) 'Sambhaji' che 'Aurangjeba-la jaun milane swikarle gele. Gelya shatkat tar he 'glorify' kele gele, tyala 'bhavanik' touch deun! (for e.g Drama - Raigadala jevha jaag yete by Vasant Kanetkar and novel 'Chava' by Shivaji Sawant)
[/QUOTE]

To give a modern example of how even the so-called great people are not above such partisan behavior, take Gandhiji's foisting of Nehru on Congress as the PM of India. Of the 11 provinces ruled by Congress, 10 chose Sardar Patel unanimously and 1 (UP) was split between SP & Nehru.
Although there was no contest between SP's 10.5 votes & Nehru's 0.5, the Congress party, by habit, left the decision to Gandhiji who chose his pet Nehru to lead the country. His apparent rationale was that Nehru had made a bigger sacrifice (since he came from a rich family!) and so deserved it 'more'.

We are paying the price of Gandhiji's bad choice till this date.
Previous
1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 119
Next