Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 - Page 58

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by anni80

yeah mishkil... me marathi shows baghna kadhich sodun dilay... I do watch 3D pan te hi kadhi tari if i find the reviews on the thread interesting otherwise nahi...
and about other shows... well i would like to keep mum as i don't watch them so can't comment about it...

Kudos to all who still have the patience of sticking to the meaningless CRAP of JYRG, HSM, KRD and the likes. I somehow could not get hooked onto D3, perhaps because of the similarities that I expected between the original Friends and D3.  Yes, there is culture difference between the two series, but D3 completely was made into a Varan Bhat category (I am saying based on what episodes I saw, unless something has changed recent;y) and that totally does not go with today's young culture.  THAT was the biggest disconnect for me.  

In addition to work being a killer that seems to be killing my anticipated bachelorette life totally πŸ˜­, I am more than content dedicating the time on the train to MaNan πŸ˜›(and only 5-7 mins of the leads, rest does not make sense to me πŸ˜”).

After finally catching up on this week's BOLD KY2 episodes, I am compelled to make the comparison between ZGH and KY2 πŸ˜³.  ZGH lovers, please don't hit me, but I would want to hear opinions of folks who have admired both ZGH and KY2.

Dilip da, I wish you had watched KY2 πŸ˜ƒ since I know how big fan of ZGH you are.  But koi gal nahi...perhaps the bait works now πŸ˜†

Just have small window of time today...so I am making up for my absence last week and the next 2-3 weeks. πŸ˜³

Since I managed to catch up on this week's KY2 episodes, I cannot stop myself from comparing Zindagi Gulzar Hai and KYY πŸ€ͺ.  Yes, these two series are different leagues altogether, although the backdrop is partially same (College to begin with), the times in which the stories are depicted are totally different and the struggles of teh female leads are VERY different.  BUOY, am I going to be offending the ZGH fans if my conclusion is MaNan love is MUCH MORE mature than what Zaroon and Kashaf were shown to have??

It's not an adulation for the teenage lovers / actors portraying the leads, but there is SO MUCH TRUST MaNan have for each other which took quite a long time to build in ZGH.  Both stories started off with hatred and culminated in love.  Both stories had a vast class difference between the societal statuses of the leads.  Both female lead characters are darn strong persona that the male leads cannot resist.  Both Zaroon and Manik are adamant in their own respect.  YET, there is a difference...

Boldness of KY2 apart, which I definitely cannot be expecting from a Pak drama and which is definitely not a criteria to make the comparison, but look at the age difference of the lead characters (and not the actors).  Shouldn't a teenage love be more flimsy and not worthy of comparison with ZK leads?  But nope, they defy the common notion that teenage love is all about physical attraction and is so fragile.  

There is no way I want to compare Fawad with Parth simply because Parth has a long way to go with his dialogue deliveries.  Fawad's English, Hindi and Urdu is totally flawless and the English dialogue delivery is not marred by him being a Hindi speaking person. But he has years of experience in this industry too which cannot be ignored.  Coming to the female leads - I have struggled for quite some time with both female leads - Sanam and Niti in terms of looks matching up to the counterparts.  But both are strong actresses with their own forte.  And coming to Niti, I want to go that extra mile in praising her tad bit more than Sanam because she's not let any difference (s) between Parth and her (looks, height, off screen drama etc.) come in the way of her performance on screen.  I need to pause for a moment and shout out to the girl...πŸ‘β­οΈπŸ€—

Someone just tell me PLEASE how a 20 year old can not only have the GUTS to give THOSE BOLD scenes, but also exude innocence and seduction at the same time just through her eyes. β€οΈ UFFF...I totally fell for how the MINION Nandu totally got the Monster (lost in the darkness of his own fears) transformed into a gem with the light of her positivity!!! The last 2-3 episodes, just go to show how much understanding and compatibility these two actors have onscreen that brings out a more than perfect chemistry.⭐️⭐️  How the Minion Ms. Murthy can totally turn tables on to the kameena Malhotra and make him blush .  Aweee... I have never seen a guy blush that cutely.  And that smacker from Nandu was all SO loaded with innocence ...these two are just cuteness personified❀️ β€οΈ   

Since the birthday episodes, and the past two weeks just show how they have taken their chemistry a notch up with them defying their own standards.  I am trying HARD not to make ANY connection between their Professionalism off screen and performance on screen.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

And back to comparison...Despite all the odds that came in the way of their actual confessions, MaNan have always had that unsaid trust for each other and they were always willing to make any sacrifice for the sake of each other - be it Manik letting go Nandini for Dhruv or Nandini hiding the Aryamaan (CRAP) from Manik. Manik trusts Nandini to an extent that he says that he does not feel the necessity of controlling her; Manik totally lacks chauvinism whereas Zaroon was all about chauvinism. Zaroon with his own insecurities could not get over doubting Kashaf and Kashaf with her own ingrained complexes could not open up to him.  Yes, ZGH is all about their journey leading to them overcoming their complexes and reaching that equilibrium (if I may say so) that couples need to have in post marital life.  But c'mon ZK were grown-ups too and quite stable in life.  And here we talk about MaNan who are just teens with Nandu just turning 18.  Can you beat that age difference between the two leads and their trust levels????!!

I am stopping here giving chance to all the fans on this forum who have watched both serials to express their views.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.facebook.com/MTVKaisiYeYaariaan/photos/a.847087391997766.1073741828.846999992006506/986917978014706/?type=1&theater

KUDOS to the writers and creatives of KYY for so brilliantly handling the discussion on intimacy between the young couple, isn't that the biggest peer pressure youngsters of this generation succumb to??  And Parth and Niti just nailed that entire scene with their expressions πŸ‘...the innocence in their expressions was to die for!! β­οΈ β€οΈ 

Edited by .Neela. - 8 years ago

Needless to say Gulzar and the likes are out of my head πŸ˜ƒat the moment and I am totally drowned in the PaNi.😳  

The H2O is no longer going to be the same for me because I am choked for the lack of imbalance between 2H and one O and the suffocation for the want of that extra O has converted the H2O at my end into H2O2.  If anyone knows the chemical difference between PaNi and Hydrogen peroxide.  The reactivity and effervescence of the later cannot be quenched by the (holinessπŸ˜‰) inertness of PaNi.πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

And just for those who want to know the mechanics behind PaNi's flow onscreen that has gotten the fans go all GAGA... 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=659115664188661&set=vb.580506938716201&type=2&theater

Niti is such a cute bachchi...πŸ€—  She gives a damn about the ways in which fans can interpret her remarks in this interview πŸ˜†

Zoey, is that a good enough an update for the Bhai Logs?!! πŸ˜†  Looking forward to more comparison between ZGH & KY2.  

How I despise that name - KYY - where is the yaariyan here?  I cannot connect with any of the surrounding stories πŸ˜”; perhaps because I haven't YET watched all the episodes!!πŸ˜• Except, PaNi, the rest have zero to minus acting skills.  

I cannot resist mentioning how KY2 beats the James Bond movies  πŸ˜³ πŸ‘πŸΌ πŸ‘πŸ˜†
That chip implantation under Manik's skin was .  I stretched my memory to discovery channel's documentaries where biochips were shown to be implanted in animals to track their location in big safaris and those English movies where they had shown machines implant the chips, but here it was just such a random implantation and a random disembarking of the chip from his body πŸ€ͺ.  How in the world did he not get infected????!!! πŸ˜•  AM I thinking too much here?? Did I expect some genius twist from a Hindi serial πŸ˜†.  And the ziffy in which the chip got disarmed as soon as it came out of his body was a total nonsense.  I would think that as long as the DNA on the chip from WBCs) is active, the chip shouldn't have disarmed.

But perhaps, the gyanis on this forum can defy my knowledge and throw some light as to how the chips can be inserted in humans with just a push into the skin like a blade cutting the skin!!! 

Most recent use of biochips to link a criminal's information to the criminal database 

Google's smart discovery of electronic tatoos as means of authentication...such a funny video

I am sure all the wives would want to use that authentication aiding pill for their husbands who are 'lucky' to work with attractive colleagues πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†!!!
OMG Neela I am literally ZAPPED!!!!!!!!!  When you said LONG posts on KY2, i was wondering how long they will be πŸ€”  you didnt disappoint πŸ˜³  enjoyed reading all the posts and also loved Niti's video...what a cutie she is πŸ€—   btw, even the one of Parth's which you had posted some days back...that was too good...loved to see him enjoying wholeheartedly πŸ˜†  
The comparison post was too good...me too have been watching KY2 lately (though i havent yet caught up with the previous episodes)  and agree with you 100% πŸ‘πŸΌ  

Friends, wishing all of you a blessed Aashada Ekadashi πŸ˜Š

Neela ...  πŸ˜² πŸ˜² πŸ˜²... what was that????? 
It seems u r totally drowned in PaNi... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Comparison between ZGH and KYY... seems interesting... I would like to add something from my side too... 

Firstly ZGH always had background of Amiri-Garibi.. though not literally but it had huge impact on Kashaf's mind and thats what has made her a person with negative attitude... she had always found it hard to trust people...
Nandini is altogether different... though coming from middle class background and craving for parents love she has got positive attitude and not only Manik but she is shown to trust anyone quite easily (as per Manik's quote judging someone by his face value πŸ˜‰)
and with the same positive attitude she cracked the hard nut like Manik who was full of negativity and a firm believer of life is all about "Give and take"

As regards college background... well.. college of KYY is nothing but an hangout place... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† whereas i really liked the college scenes of ZGH where there were debates and GDs evolving personalities of ZK... 

As u said both the female leads have different struggles in life... apart from the similarity that both the girls were fighting to keep their self respect intact, kashaf is struggling to meet her daily needs whereas Nandini is fighting to keep her head high and not bowing down in front of harassment she faced in the initial days and afterwords to nurture, grow and protect the newly found relationship with Manik...

The conflict between MaNan was never gender biased... it was always the conflict between two strong headed personalities... and never ever the ego issue came in between their fights... although fighting they always respected each others point of view and that's why their fights were always headed towards conclusion and not getting stretched for unnecessary ego clashes...
whereas
The hatred between Zaroon and Kashaf started more because of Kashaf's biased attitude towards rich people ...
and thats why I agree to u that MaNan story is more mature than ZK... (but i love all 4 of them yaar... πŸ˜‰)

Transition fron hatred to affection to attraction to infatuation to love is beautiful in KYY... at every stage they were so into it...never in the entire journey one could find that it is too speedy or too quick to be at that stage and that is what make KYY special.. and in this entire journey TRUST  is the most important aspect ... Even during their hatred phase that trust was always there...

It is their need to trust each other, to have faith in each other and the need to protect each other which keeps them going and which is d reason for their fights also.. coz they don't mind fighting WITH each other FOR each other... 

The two dialogues from the last week are so apt to explain the depth and the need to protect each other in their relationship .. where Nandini was telling him that "your anger is going to land you up in big trouble and main kuch bhi nahi kar paoongi.." and Manik's reply is "at least mera gussa dikhta to hai but the stuff u r hiding u will be in big trouble Nandini aur aisa no ho ke mujhe pata bhi na chale"

uff... what a beautiful writing...

KYY is definitely not a teen age love story.. apart from age nothing is there which is of teen age πŸ˜‰ but still it is the perfect blend of maturity and innocence...

and i don't even want to talk about last two episodes... those two episodes were certainly way ahead of standard of Indian Television... in fact i would dare to say that last two episodes should be the rule book or guide for every other serial which intend to show such boldness with innocence and seduction in equality... 

and the matured discussion about it was simply amazing... i hv never watched any english shows... neither many hindi shows.. but i would certainly like to bait on this .. that never ever in Hindi Cinema and Television... such a bold discussion has taken place and that too with such maturity and elgance... without making it vulger...

KUdos to entire team, writers and of course PaNi... they are exceptional... simply exceptional...

Both Parth and Niti certainly deserve a huge round of applause for their performance...bachchas are pure talent and definitely have long way to go...
but special word for Niti as she totally nailed it... i am literally awwe at this girl who can show so much of expressions just with her eyes... brilliant...

and in the last scene both nailed it to the perfection,,, that transition was so beautiful... from matured talk about it to teasing each other...

Parth was literally looking like cute small kid whose cheeks are pulled by someone in front of all... he was so so adorable ... that blush was out of this world ❀️ β€οΈ β€οΈ ...who would dare to say he was d same "Monster Manik" few months back...   and Niti is toh master of giving bubbly cutie expressions as she is indeed a cutie pie in real life...

I can go on writing about their on screen chemistry and off screen professionalism but i don't want our other friends to get bored... πŸ˜›.. I have already made them enough...

even being a commerce graduate i have completely understood the concept of Fluid Mechanics and H2O... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† thanks to KYY for enlightening me... πŸ˜‰  πŸ˜›

Edited by anni80 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by .Neela.

How I despise that name - KYY - where is the yaariyan here?  I cannot connect with any of the surrounding stories πŸ˜”; perhaps because I haven't YET watched all the episodes!!πŸ˜• Except, PaNi, the rest have zero to minus acting skills.  

That title should be modified with a "?" in d end...  πŸ˜‰

It was indeed a show based on friendship at its initial stage.. but the lack of growth in other characters except Kabir has totally converted it into a love story...

MaNan are so beautiful that baki sab "PaNi" main beh gaye... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ 

Don't even mention the "CHEAP"  chip saga... πŸ€’ πŸ˜‘
sometimes i really wonder these are the same writers who are giving us such a mature logical and balance headed story but who have got this exceptional quality of writing something so stupid, baseless and hilarious at the same time...

Like seriously "Kaise Kar Lete Ho Tum" πŸ˜† πŸ˜†πŸ˜•

Edited by anni80 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by vidya0906

OMG Neela I am literally ZAPPED!!!!!!!!!  When you said LONG posts on KY2, i was wondering how long they will be πŸ€”  you didnt disappoint πŸ˜³  enjoyed reading all the posts and also loved Niti's video...what a cutie she is πŸ€—   btw, even the one of Parth's which you had posted some days back...that was too good...loved to see him enjoying wholeheartedly πŸ˜†  
The comparison post was too good...me too have been watching KY2 lately (though i havent yet caught up with the previous episodes)  and agree with you 100% πŸ‘πŸΌ  

Friends, wishing all of you a blessed Aashada Ekadashi πŸ˜Š

FINALLY..

Welcome to fan club of KYY... (I hope i can call u fan of KYY πŸ˜‰)

would like to hear more from u just like Neela...

Majhya sarva mitra maitrinina...
ASHADHI EKADASHI CHYA HARDIK SHUBHECHCHA

A true patriot, a real Bharat Ratna, a person who united India and Indians and made us proud, the most popular Indian President and Scientist who inspired thousands if not millions, whose appeal transcended regions and religions, passed away in Shillong at the age of 84 at 6:40 pm on Monday, 27th July 2015.
Rest in peace, respected and dear Dr APJ Abdul Kalam! You will be missed.