Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

Ajay-Atul confound me. They do good work but also 'reuse' their material a lot (Marathi originals copied to Hindi). So 'kombDI paLAlI' became 'chiknI chamelI' and now 'ye go ye ye mainA' becomes 'My name is Mary' or something. They are better at devotional, folksy songs and most of their songs fall in those two genres.

Most of the musicians these days compose songs to be sung at a high volume/ pitch and so singers like Adarsh Shinde, Ajay etc become the preferred choices. The 'soul' of music, which is usually inversely proportional to the volume/ pitch, is the casualty. IMHO, of course. 

actually i like Agnipath songs... except chikni chameli all were original ones... and were quite good...

I thought that they will be walking path of roses after the mega hit album and that too under the banner of KJo... but 

I think the major reason might be that their base is too much on folk music which is not quite suitable for romantic hindi songs... in marathi we liked those songs but i doubt in Hindi music they won't work much,,,

and for that matter Agnipath was instant hit coz the background was of marathmoli... so that folk base chal gaya...
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Murder Mestry Pahila. Amhi doghe dharun ekhun 10 manase hoti theatre madhe.

So, cinema-madhale vinod pahun apale apanach hastoy ase watat hote 😳

Editing was good! Acting 'thikay' types.

Though it was a sitcom, the premise of story was based on 'intentional unethical act' (Dusaryachi patre chorun wachane, ekda shiksha houn sudhha); ani tyat rikame theatre. So... I couldn't enjoy it

Kharech... Kashala yevadhe bhaaraa-bhar cinema chaptayat kunas thauk!Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
anni80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dlip

Murder Mestry Pahila. Amhi doghe dharun ekhun 10 manase hoti theatre madhe.

So, cinema-madhale vinod pahun apale apanach hastoy ase watat hote 😳

Editing was good! Acting 'thikay' types.

Though it was a sitcom, the premise of story was based on 'intentional unethical act' (Dusaryachi patre chorun wachane, ekda shiksha houn sudhha); ani tyat rikame theatre. So... I couldn't enjoy it

Kharech... Kashala yevadhe bhaaraa-bhar cinema chaptayat kunas thauk!

ati tithe mati hi mhanch aahe na aaplyakade... 😊
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

SW: absolutely...deva shriganesha by sukhvinder sung for A-A in agneepath remake and also mauli mauli in lai-bhari are best examples of high pitch renditions. Although khel-mandla is outstandingly sung by Ajay, i wonder if it required so high pitch. Comparatively holicha san is foot tapping by same music duos in lai bhari.

Is 'khel mandala' tune same as 'Jeev dangala ...' Sung by great Hariharan (Movie jogawa, music AA)?
-Zoey- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

As to the new movies, I just don't feel like watching 'Bioscope' as it falls under the 'haus' category. Who wants to see 20-minute short films supposedly based on ordinary poems when there's no connection between them? I won't watch 'sandook' since I don't know anything about it. 'Murder Mestry' appears interesting and features some quality actors. So I may give it a shot. 

@SW...IBN Lokmat reviewer praised it to sky high giving Rs.80 vasool out of 100 for Bioscope.Is it first ever exp in Marathi?In Hindi there were several such examples.

@Neela...I am back and the reason is mentioned on CC thread.😃...Keep updating Bhai Log on MaNan and PaNi.😉.Waise I don't follow them offscreen,I feel instead of being Niti and Parth,they do act as MaNan even offscreen. Quite boring!Honesty of PS reminds me that of LP.🤔🤔

btw Himanshu Malhotra-Amruta Khanvilkar jodi won Nach Baliye 7.Some credit goes to WA messages appealing ppl to vote for Marathi mulgi FREE OF COST.😛
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@dilip: Thanks for saving my money! I will skip 'Murder Mestry' now. 

Yes, Ajay-Atul tunes are quite repetitious. jIwa dangalA & kheL mANDalA have similarities. Then again, most music directors have a relatively limited array of tunes and you can detect patterns. SEL have their own patterns (it's mostly S in SEL!) & the same was the case with 'nAkesh' i.e. Himmesh. Pritam appears more versatile since he gets his 'inspiration' from different sources!

@Zoey: Thanks for the input on 'Bioscope'. Will await word-of-mouth reports before deciding.

An aside: I have recently noted that 'We Are On: ChalA hoUn jAU dyA' is almost universally described these days as the worst Marathi movie ever. A friend said that he walked out during intermission and waited that long because his brother's role was in the first half. Anybody saw that one?

anni80 thumbnail

An aside: I have recently noted that 'We Are On: ChalA hoUn jAU dyA' is almost universally described these days as the worst Marathi movie ever. A friend said that he walked out during intermission and waited that long because his brother's role was in the first half. Anybody saw that one?

asha naavacha movie aalay??? 😲 😕
veena0129 thumbnail
saw Bajarangi Bhaijaan...i liked it...compared to Salman's mind less comedies...this was his best performance...he doesn't sound to be a STAR...he has acted...emoted really well...the script the STAR here...
and the little girl...Harshaali Malhotra  is so cute...tila javal ghevun tightly hug karaavas vattta...
really  outstanding...and Kareena in her short and sweet role  looked beautiful in  simple chudidaar/kurta...
and most importantly Kashmir is shot so beautifully...and they shown divided Kashmir...the border btwn India and Pakistan...
Nawajuddin Siddiqui ..no doubt about his versatality...done good job...Om Puri in a short role makes his presence felt...
over all a  nice feel movie.👍🏼...u won't be disappointed at all...😊
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anni80

asha naavacha movie aalay??? 😲 😕

Yes! A small correction: It didn't have 'chalA' - just 'hoUn jAU dyA'.
Here's a link to its FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/WeAreOnHounJauDya

It had such a large star cast and it was produced/ directed by Amol Palekar - Sandhya Gokhale.
I had half a mind to see it but then a friend gave both thumbs down to it. The quality of humour in it is apparently beyond pathetic. The director/ producer duo haven't recovered from that disaster.
mishkil88 thumbnail
@zoey - welcome back. Like you said wapp msg appealing to vote for amruta k, one of my friend showed msgs appealing for other contestants too. And i doubt how many of us would really bother to vote for Amruta for nach baliye. Anyways it is good for her because she lost to bhargavi in EPE finals and i think she deserved to win that time and done far better job than bhargavi who was fav of mahaguru in that EPE season.