Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veena0129 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Pooriya

Men's Tennis is much more enjoyable currently than women's because of many good players. In women's there is practically no stopping for Serena. Although, it shows her greatness, it kinda makes it boring to see no competition. However, men's tennis is enjoying the Golden age currently..

yes...Sonali...u r absolutely right...at present there is no competition for Serena...it turns out to be always one sided match...Sharapova is going down with her each tournment...
For Men's ...all top players r fun to watch...Wawrinka...Murray...Djoko...and the most fav Fed...

spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
The fruit trees from our garden have borne fruit. Here are a few images:

Sitaphal:

Papaya:

Chikoo:

Banana (Yellow welchI keLI - finger bananas):
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
SW, nice (and mouth-watering) clicks.

Let us party! 😊
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Is Swanandi Tikekar (Meenal) exiting D3? She was packed off on an indefinite US trip all of a sudden. It all happened in a single episode (I am not following closely, so could be wrong).
Maybe she has some other activities going on and she's going to return. They have kept the door open for her return, of course. Amey Wagh is also doing many things - the play 'daLaN' (in Pune Sat night), the movie 'Shutter' etc. So will he be packed off too?
mishkil88 thumbnail
Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

Is Swanandi Tikekar (Meenal) exiting D3? She was packed off on an indefinite US trip all of a sudden. It all happened in a single episode (I am not following closely, so could be wrong).

Maybe she has some other activities going on and she's going to return. They have kept the door open for her return, of course. Amey Wagh is also doing many things - the play 'daLaN' (in Pune Sat night), the movie 'Shutter' etc. So will he be packed off too?

i don't think ST is being packed off as her US trip related epi was shown last wk when she informed her father and he disowned her reminding how she fled his home etc. She got a role in a short film and may be some movie but i think she will continue. As you rightly said Ameya wagh is also into few movies already. (he acted with rani mukharji in ayya before) and also in Katyar...
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

Decades ago, none other than N D Mahanor had written a scathing criticism of Mangesh Padgaonkar's poetry (in Ma TA), essentially calling him a plagiarist for picking up American paradoxes viz 'sounds of silence' in wholesale quantities. Just think of the number of times M.P. has used this particular paradox in his poems - 'paN rAjAlA ushirA kaLalI shabdAnwAchun gANI', 'shabdAnwAchun kaLale sAre shabdAnchyA palikaDale' etc.

Suresh Bhat was an extreme example of using reusable phrases formed of fillers in practically every line of his ghazals. On an average, there is one pratyay of the noun 'mI' on every line of his ghazals. E.g. 'mAjhyAch kAtaDIche zoDe karUn Alo, mI phATakA parantU AkAshrUp jhAlo'. As tot he fillers,
'kewhA tarI pahATe nisaTUn rAtra gelI' has 3 fillers - kewhA, tarI & gelI. Or 'ushahkAl hotA hotA kAL rAtra jhAlI, are punhA AyushyAchyA peTawA mashAlI' contains fillers hotA hotA & are punhA.  Contrast him with 'genuine' poets like BB Borkar, BS Mardhekar, Vasant Bapat, Vinda Karandikar, GD Madgulkar etc who use zero fillers and very few repeat patterns.

SW, now that you mentioned, I realized that there is "Chand" & "Raat" in almost every Gulzar song! Though I do like his poetry a lot, this is something I have overlooked before.. thanks for pointing out :)

My most fav poet is of course, BaakiBaab.. And then GaDiMa. Not a great fan of ManPa.. But of course, he has penned some very good songs.. Mostly, he was lucky to get music by the great Shrinivas Khale, which made many of his songs immortal.

About Suresh Bhat - I like his Ghazals. But your point is correct. He does use forms of "Mi" quite a lot. But I think that is because he mostly dealt with Ghazals. I mean while writing Ghazals, you tend to write somewhat philosophical and so connect everything with your own life.. May be because of that.. Not sure though.. AFAIK, Ghazal is one of the most restrictive forms of poetry.. so may be he found it little easier to "fit-in" such words.. most importantly, he was successful in bringing life to Marathi Ghazals.. Other Ghazal poets could not do that, unfortunately.

Pan GaDiMa ani Ba.Bha. ha class vegla ch aahe, no doubt! 
GaDiMa ni sadhya saadhya goshti atishay uttam prakare maandlya.. Uda. - 14 varshan sathi "dashottari char" ha shabda prayog kinva Deva la ViNakryachi upama.. etc..

Ba.Bha ni tar faar sundar shabda Marathi la dile.. Tyanchya kaavya sangrahan chi naave suddha kiti poetic aahet! Uda - "Chandanvel", "Anand-bhairvi", "Chitra-veena" etc... 

His each line comes with a 'Ba.Bha.' signature! for eg.
    dekhane te chehare je pranjaLache aarase
    gorate ki saavaLe tya mol naahi faarase!

asha oli fakta ba. bha ch lihu shaktat.!

SW: You can go on, need not stop yourself 😉 We would love to read about your views, and/or such examples from you..

Edited by Pooriya - 8 years ago
Pooriya thumbnail
Originally posted by: mishkil88

SW: the 2 examples of SB above are from films and co-incidentally  music by Pt. HM for umbartha and simhasan resply . While judging SRGMP show, Pt. HM himself had said and same must be true for all composers that they have to add/ use fillers in the songs till it matches their satisfaction and rhythm. May be that's the reason even if SB didn't wish to, he had to bow to the demand of composer.

Mishkil, you are right. The musicians and the film-makers do meddle with the lyrics. There are just too many examples of such things.. Even people like Hridaynath & Lata didi have done it.!

The famous Abhang "Nako devraayaa anta aata pahu"  has been meddled with by Lata didi for no reason! (and in this case there was no question of the writer's agreement!)

As we know, one of the standards for Abhang (or Ovi) has two rules -
1. The format of 6-6-6-4. (i.e. in one stanza, first 3 lines contain 6 letters and the last line contains 4 letters.)  
2. Second and third lines should rhyme

Take any other example - 
                           Jethe jaato tethe, 
                           Tu majha saangati
                            chaalavisi haati
                            Dharuniya!

Here, saangati and haati rhyme with each other.

So, in Nako devaraya, the original lines are:
                           Nako devaraayaa, 
                           Ant pahu aata
                           Pran ha sarvatha
                           Phuto pahe!

But the composer changed it to:
                           Nako devaraayaa, 
                           Ant aata pahu, 
                           Pran ha sarvatha
                           Jaau pahe!

I do not get the intention of doing this! First change the standard format, and then put a totally different word, altogether?!!! why?
In this case, it had nothing to do with 'fitting-to-the-tune'.. The original lyrics fits with the tune just perfectly..

I love this song and I worship Mangeshkars for their talent.. But even great people sometimes do such things.
Edited by Pooriya - 8 years ago
Pooriya thumbnail
Originally posted by: mishkil88

i don't think ST is being packed off as her US trip related epi was shown last wk when she informed her father and he disowned her reminding how she fled his home etc. She got a role in a short film and may be some movie but i think she will continue. As you rightly said Ameya wagh is also into few movies already. (he acted with rani mukharji in ayya before) and also in Katyar...

I think she went for BMM to US as she was part of "Katha eka kaaLaachi" program which was showcased there..
Don't think any of these actors will leave as of now.. The serial's going great with the youths. 😊
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hey Sonali, listening to Rahul Deshpande's audio blog...thanks dear for sharing the link 😊
SW awesome pics...am really envying you 😛

And yeah, watching Federer play is like seeing poetry in action...And another thing is, he is always gracious  to his opponents in his defeats. Liked the way he said, that Djoker has been continuously playing great tennis since the last 2 years, and he in return acknowledging Fed's praise...just great 👍🏼

Dilip hope you are enjoying your holiday...have a good time 😊

Neela, Anni what IV of Parth you girls were talking of?  Me too interested in knowing what its all about 😉

Saw the CHYD episode all of you were praising about, and must say, i really really enjoyed the episode, esp Amar Oak's various sizes' flute renditions...and even Sheetal's dance, even though it was there for such less time.  And after having listened to Abhisheki's "he surano" over the years,  Manjusha's rendition of the same was so jarring to the ears 😒

SW reading your comment wrt Mrunal Dusanis literally had me 🤣

dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
SW, Sonali... Kavi ani kavite-varachya tumchya posts awadalya. 👏

Far kahi lihit nahi pan GaDiMa baddal PuLa mhanayache Shabd kase tyanxhya pudhe adnyadharak mulan-sarkhe hat jodun ubhe asayache (ref - Gun Gayin Awadi)

Good day to all 😊