Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veena0129 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Neela...Sonali...what more can i say...and other friends too mentioned abt these two big stalwarts..
i am also a big fan of Sanjeev kumar...and Gurudatt...
my all time fav r Aandhi...Trishul...Anamika...i shd say all of Sanjeev Kumar's moviesπŸ˜ƒ...
and Gurudatt's Pyaasa is   no match to any of the hindi films being made till today...
no one can match his intelligence and genius in creative cinema...
and above all beautiful songs in his films...😊

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hello all

Saglyanchya posts vachlya kalch... reply pan karnar hote pan tya aadhich net disconnect zala πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ 
seems some major prob was there...

but yeah... I love Sanjeev Kumar a lot... He was the BEST actor of that era... so much versatile and that too with so much simplicity and easiness...

Kudos to such a brilliant actor and we are really blessed to have these kind of actors looking at whom we grew up...

My favourite films of Sanjeev Kumar are no different from u all..

I love Koshish, Anamika, Angoor, Trishul, Silsila, Sholay, Seeta aur Geeta, Shriman Shrimati, Parichay, Naya din nayi raat, Manchali

I also loved his comic character role in Hero (where he played elder brother of Meenakshi Sheshadri)

as far as Gurudatt is conccerned I have not watched his movies but his contribution to Hindi Cinema is immense... Pyaasa, Kagaz ke phool all were classics and his songs ...wow they are so goood... 

I just love Hemant Kumar's voice and it seems his voice was so perfect for Gurudatt... 

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Neela.

And very late but sincere apologies to Anni for not contributing to the RD Burman thread that she had opened. Had a huge list made and never got to finalize it and post there.   Unforgivable, I know πŸ€’. 

Hey neela dear πŸ€—  don't be sorry... Its ok... 

even me too could not share many songs which i wanted to as I myself was busy during that week,,,,

Lekin RD ke gaane enjoy karne ke liye do we need any occassion...??? Well I don't think so πŸ˜‰ ... what say??? 
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hi friends, kasa aahath tumhi sagle...missed you guys πŸ€—
And Neela thanks for starting this discussion on Guru Dutt and Sanjeev Kumar...unke baare mein jitna bhi bolo kam hai..great great people they were.  Me too want to write a lot so will be back later...At the moment, the finals have just started and i dont want to miss it...Just want Federer to get his 18th Grand Slam title...All the very best Roger Federer πŸ‘πŸΌ

.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vidya0906

Hi friends, kasa aahath tumhi sagle...missed you guys πŸ€—

And Neela thanks for starting this discussion on Guru Dutt and Sanjeev Kumar...unke baare mein jitna bhi bolo kam hai..great great people they were.  Me too want to write a lot so will be back later...At the moment, the finals have just started and i dont want to miss it...Just want Federer to get his 18th Grand Slam title...All the very best Roger Federer πŸ‘πŸΌ

Hi Vidya πŸ€—

Good to have you back.

And what a match that was πŸ‘!! Although majority were cheering for Roger F. Novak was absolutely brilliant.  He surely must have made his coach Boris Becker happy πŸ˜Š.  So Novak has moved past the likes of Andre Agassi and Evan Lendl in terms of the grand slam titles πŸ‘.  Ivan Lendl if I remember correctly could never win WImbledon title πŸ˜­

And so was the women's final!! Serena W. did it again.  Let's hope she's able to do what Steffi Graph did years back - win all the slams in a single calendar year.  Keeping fingers crossed for her for the forthcoming US Open.😊
.Neela. thumbnail
And Annie πŸ€—  Thanks dear!! Indeed no occasion is needed to listen to RD and Asha B.πŸ˜›.

What's up with this IV of Parth S.?  Kuch garbar hai kya?(you know who says that?) πŸ˜‰  I heard it on FB and did not find anything worth that much insanity!! Anyhooo...I am so inert on Twitter, I rarely lurk there, but when I do people drive me crazy. Bachchon ki jaan lenge kya ab?😑

Will try to be back after dinner if possible, else will catch y'all sometimes during the week with pending answers to prior posts.
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Hello all, 
I am back after a break of almost a month where I checked the forum quite sporadically and rarely posted. In other words, spent more time with real friends than the virtual ones πŸ˜†

I didn't keep track of the MMSes during my absence and saw just DDD weekly recap & CHYD epis from last week over the weekend.

Yes, I agree with everybody who thinks that Nilesh Sabde & his team are crossing the limits of decency and good taste in their embarrassing 'comedy' routines. Just as I don't understand why the movie directors and producers (and fans too?) are so fond of the 'loNyAchA goLA' Swapnil Joshi, I can't understand how people can like this type of 'comedy' by the likes of Bhau Kadam et al.

I am not a fan of Manjusha Patil's high-pitched, high-octane singing (it's remarkable how much wattage she produces out of her slender frame!). For that matter, I am not a fan of Anand Bhate either. My simple criterion to decide whether a song is sung well or not is to find out whether its effect wears off right after the song is over or whether it stays with you, sometimes for the whole day or days on end. IMHO, the songs of both the above artists get erased from my mind almost immediately while just *thinking* about Kishori tai's 'sahela re' in Bhoop gives me goosebumps and Kumarji's 'dewo mohe dheer' brings tears to my eyes. Such is the power of the maestros.

I tried to locate Devaki's rendition of 'he surAno chandra whA' but couldn't.  For me, the serene style of Abhishekibuwa, Kishori tai, Devaki etc is always most soothing. Here a few links to renditions of Abhishekibuwa's seminal 'he surAno chandra whA':
The original by Buwa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZVAfYiqsjk

Shaunak Abhisheki:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CsfqlInEX4

14-yr old Mugdha Vaishampayan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qFJtCMqcK0

8-year old Prathamesh Laghate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxcu53eSLqE

Dr Aniket Saraf:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3PEdg_3imc

Aniruddha Joshi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aLJm-JUdDk

BTW, I saw 'doan special', a new 2-act play by Kshitij Patwardhan (who also wrote the witty 'nawA gaDI nawe rAjya') just yesterday. It was just the second performance in Pune. Written & directed by Kshitij, it stars Jitendra Joshi & marks the debut of Girija Oak on the stage. It also has a small role for Rohan Haldikar (whom you may remember as "Kaka's son" from 'Eka Lagnachi Tisri Goshta'). The play is beautifully written (derived from a story by Ha Mo Marathe) & wonderfully acted by both the multi-talented Jitendra Joshi and the beautiful Girija Oak-Godbole.

After years of mediocre roles, Girija has got a meaty role and she plays it well. Does anyone remember her from 'Manini' in which she plays the repressed wife of a suspicious husband? She was excellent in that and looked very pretty too. As always, people looks slimmer on stage than they do on TV.

Finally, sad to see Fed lose to Djoker in the final but Djoker was the better player in all depts. He even outserved Fed, which is rare. Still, I am happy with his win over Murray. There is hardly anything more poetic in sports than Roger Federer gliding on grass.
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

Hello all, 

I am back after a break of almost a month where I checked the forum quite sporadically and rarely posted. In other words, spent more time with real friends than the virtual ones πŸ˜†

From tomorrow, I will be on break till 31st July. I will login and check the thread intermittently. But to click 'like' and to post anything from handset is troublesome. πŸ˜•

So, meet you all 'virtual' friends in August πŸ˜Š
mishkil88 thumbnail
Dilip - we will surely miss you ! πŸ˜­ have a great time πŸ‘πŸΌ wherever you are.Edited by mishkil88 - 8 years ago
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Have a nice time Dilip da, we'll surely miss your takes on different topics in this time!
Welcome back SW & Vidya: hope you two will be able contribute regularly on the thread now πŸ˜Š

I don't follow tennis that much, but have never missed Wimbledon finals (Men/Women) and do watch them religiously each year.. 

Though I still like Federer's game (many call it 'art'), I am very happy to see another champion emerging in Tennis.. and frankly I have started admiring Djokovic when I saw him "lose" in French Open!! Yes, very few people are gracious losers like him.. Notice, how he immediately appreciated Federer in one of the points he lost yesterday.. (I agree I'm not much into Tennis to judge them though)

Men's Tennis is much more enjoyable currently than women's because of many good players. In women's there is practically no stopping for Serena. Although, it shows her greatness, it kinda makes it boring to see no competition. However, men's tennis is enjoying the Golden age currently..
Edited by Pooriya - 8 years ago
Previous
1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 119
Next