Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

veena0129 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Belated birthday wishes to Pooriya..aka Sonia...πŸ₯³..
sorry cldn't wish u on time...

Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: veena0129

Belated birthday wishes to Pooriya..aka Sonia...πŸ₯³..

sorry cldn't wish u on time...

Thanks Veena  & no problem πŸ˜Š
Pooriya thumbnail
@anni: great to know about the initiative!!!  I will go through the site in detail when free. But it would be great of they provide the facility to people outside MH as well πŸ˜Š
By the way, a few months back Meena Prabhu's whole set of travelogues was available for a discounted price.. Interested folks can check if it's still available..
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Those who are interested in Marathi Literature - give a try for novel - 'Ra-rang Dhang' by Prabhakar Pendharkar (son of veteran movie maker Bhalji Pedharkar). 

Its also available on web as audio book (I am not very sure. I have 'printed copy' and I have read it several time!πŸ˜‰)
Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: veena0129

read all the posts which i missed for the last 15 days..baapre !!!...

nice posts...Neela ...ur MUmbai local kissa hilarious one..🀣...
restt of the posts r also very engaging and entertaining ones...πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Good to have you back Veena!! Hope to see more posts from you.  How is KRD going these days?  According to my father that's the only serial that has some  sense these days πŸ€”.

@Bold: In comparison to Vidya's ultra hilarious post nothing more to sayπŸ˜† AND again  yet another Punekar πŸ˜²...hum bechare Punekar Mumbai trains ke bheed ke maare...asa pakau dialogue marnaar nahiye mee...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.  Dilip da is correct...Jave tyachya vansha...
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sonali πŸ€—,
Thank you so much dear for that very useful information ⭐️.  Owe a longer response, but more  later, perhaps tomorrow (need to get up early to be back to work after 4 days of nice break πŸ˜”); please don't mind.

And Anni πŸ‘ This forum is full of a creative bunch.  Hope to cross roads some day πŸ˜Š

And cannot go without mentioning today's CHYD β­οΈ.  I called my parents at the time it was being telecast and my aai actually made me listen to Anand Bhate's Chinmay sakal Hridaya β€οΈ.  And can I then not fall to the temptation?? I must say, although I don't watch all the episodes of CHYD, today's was the BEST EVER.  Very less BS by the CHYD gang.  Amar Oke was fantabulous β­οΈ and the jugalbandi of  Vijay Ghate, Amar Oke and Katthak by Sheetal Kolwalkar was breath taking and then was Pt. Anand Bhate β€οΈβ­οΈ.  It's so good to know that these artists are already having programs together.  

Apologies, but I really could not appreciate Manjusha Patil's rendition.  She was too loud pitched even for the opening Panchatunda Nararunda maaladhar.  Anand Bhate actually lost his focus as she went so high pitched.  Her he surano chandra wha was totally any ear sore if I may call it, sorry if I am hurting her fans, but haven't heard much of her before.

Sonali / SW/ anyone else, would love to hear your opinion about Manjusha P. if you have heard her.  

More later...
dlip thumbnail
Yes Neel I agree with ur views

CHYD was very good. One reason is less time given to BK and KB. SK and BG were not there at all

So, all veterans were allowed to speak or perform!

I dont understand anything about classical music. But my opinion about this Manjusha Patil was same when I heard her for first time 10 years back.

Re surano Chandra wha he Romantic bhavana asalele gane tya surana dam dilya sarkhe kinwa order dilya sarkhe mhantayat ase mala tevha watale hote. Kala dekhil tasech watale.

Punha sangto ki mala shastriy sangita-madhale kahi kalat nahi (pan mala emotions kaltat. Nakkich) and I can be totally wrong about her singing πŸ˜•Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
Pooriya thumbnail
I came here to talk about CHYD, and saw the discussion had already begun πŸ˜›
Well, I'm not a fan of Manjusha Patil either.. rather her type of singing (this makes me not like Aarati Anklikar much as well, but there are people who do enjoy their singing style) 
I have heard her before on Zee itself, when it used to be Alpha Marathi. But we don't see her much on TV nowadays.. 
Yesterday, she went besur twice in her rendition πŸ˜² (especially at the end.) So no, not a fan.

But let's talk about the good bits of the show πŸ˜Š

Anand Bhate was fabulous as always! Tyancha Chinmaya kiti hi vela aikla tari samadhaan hot nahi.!
Jugalbandi pan masta hoti.. pan Sheetal K la jasta exposure milala nahi..

Amar Oak!!! I just love, love, love his Bansuri..!! and you really need not be into music to enjoy it. Even if you do not know the original song/tunes, you just close your eyes and take in everything your ears can!! Hats off to that man πŸ‘πŸΌ I so wished he completed the lori (the Sadma classic), Thankfully the episode will remain available on youtube to watch again & again!

@Dilip da: Raarang Dhaang is a classic! I feel bad, not many people know of it. But it's one of those books which you buy & keep with you forever... Kadhi hi kadhun vachava asa pustak ahe.
ani tyat Vishwanath ani Uma chi story pan masta gumfali aahe.. Did not know the writer was Bhalji Pendharkar's son.. Thanks for the info! Please share if you know any story behind the book.. I mean was he actually a part of BRO in real life? How did he write just one book, and that too on such a different topic?
dlip thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooriya

....Raarang Dhaang is a classic! I feel bad, not many people know of it. But it's one of those books which you buy & keep with you forever... Kadhi hi kadhun vachava asa pustak ahe.

ani tyat Vishwanath ani Uma chi story pan masta gumfali aahe.. Did not know the writer was Bhalji Pendharkar's son.. Thanks for the info! Please share if you know any story behind the book.. I mean was he actually a part of BRO in real life? How did he write just one book, and that too on such a different topic?

Prabhakar Pendharkar use to work for 'films division' and as part of his job he had to cover activities of Boarder Road Organization.

During this assignment, he wrote this novel based on some real life occurrences. He could not make any film or release photographs because of security norms by Indian Army.

This, he has written in preface of the book!

Though Prabhakar Pendharkar has not written anyother book (or at least I am not aware😳); he was in film making and the movie 'Shabbas Sunbain(Ashwini Bhave-Ajinkya Deo) was directed by him.

'Classic Books' warun aathavale; Goverment of Maharshta had published 'Sampurna Gadkari (his 5 dramas, poems, balakaram, etc literature') in 2 volumes with about 100+ pages preface (prastavana) by P K Atre (discussing strnegths and beuty of R G Gadkari's literature'). It was sold at just Rs 75/-. Can any one belive it?πŸ˜•

Mi swataha aamchya dara-war alellya eka 'firatya pustak vikretya'-kadun' 75 rupayale donhi 'Price-less' khand vikat ghetale aahet... kadhi-hi kadhun vachanya sathi!

Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG!!!!!!!!
CHYD var evadhi discussions...

now i will watch it at 4 pm