Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I have not watched south indian movies... actually speaking I don't know much about the... and secondly I can't differentiate between them... and to add to it whatever south movies are remade over here are mostly action movies which i don't like... so overall impression of south movies is not good on me but would definitely like to watch quality movies... of course with sub titles... friends if u can share names of any good movies...
veena0129 thumbnail

Originally posted by: dlip

Mammooty and Chiranjive were my favorites.

In good old days, on Doordarshan, every Sunday they use to show film from one regional language with English subtitles. I was use to watch those films regularly. 'Shankara bharanam' I saw there and was amazed. Also fortunate to see many Kamal Hasan's classics that time

๐Ÿ˜ƒ
i also like Mohan Lal and Mamootty...they r class acotrs...
and Shankarabharanam is classic movie ...actor Somayaajalu as music teacher  has given commendable performance...the movie has won many awards..๐Ÿ˜Š
veena0129 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

I remember they made Shankarabharanam in hindi as Sur Sangam *ing jayaprada. But it was not so good. Sometimes it's better to leave original alone. Compared to Tamil, Telugu & kannada i think Mallu movies are more matured and gentle for ears & eyes.

yes...Mishkil...u r absolutely right...the essence of original movies is lost if they r remade in other languages๐Ÿ˜Š
veena0129 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anni80

I have not watched south indian movies... actually speaking I don't know much about the... and secondly I can't differentiate between them... and to add to it whatever south movies are remade over here are mostly action movies which i don't like... so overall impression of south movies is not good on me but would definitely like to watch quality movies... of course with sub titles... friends if u can share names of any good movies...

there r many annie...as Dilip da said earlier regional movies were aired on DD on sunday afternoons with subtitles...
i remember very well malayalam movie Mouna Raagam...starring Revathi(recently she has acted in 2 States) and Kokila Mohan...
then Swati Mutyam starring Kamal Haasan ..later made as Eshwar starring Anil Kapoor and tellgu actress Vijaya i think...
then Moonram Pirrai...made into Sadma with same star caste Kamal  Haasan and Shridevi...this is  the only movie which has come out very well as remake๐Ÿ˜Š

veena0129 thumbnail
then...Saagar Sangmum...its a beautiful movie...Kamal Haasan's bharat natyam is the hilight of the movie...
these r all old ones...recent ones i don't know much..๐Ÿ˜Š
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Time for another weekly puzzle (courtesy Brian Smith):
Ina, Mina and Dica are identical triplets. One was at the bar with 
some friends a few tables away from me. The other two stayed home. 
When she left the tavern, I asked the four friends seated there who 
she was and where she went. I got the following responses: 

Fred: Mina went to the bank. Dica went to the church. Ina went home. 

Greg: Ina went to the bank. Mina went home. Dica went to the store. 

Jack: Mina went to the store. Ina went home. Dica went to the bank. 

Kent: Mina went to the church. Dica went home. Ina went to the store. 

It turns out half of these twelve statements are half true (e.g. if
"Mina went to the bank" is a half-true sentence, either "Mina went"
or "to the bank" is correct) the others are all complete lies. 

Which triplet was at the bar and where did she go?
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: veena0129

there r many annie...as Dilip da said earlier regional movies were aired on DD on sunday afternoons with subtitles...
i remember very well malayalam movie Mouna Raagam...starring Revathi(recently she has acted in 2 States) and Kokila Mohan...
then Swati Mutyam starring Kamal Haasan ..later made as Eshwar starring Anil Kapoor and tellgu actress Vijaya i think...
then Moonram Pirrai...made into Sadma with same star caste Kamal  Haasan and Shridevi...this is  the only movie which has come out very well as remake๐Ÿ˜Š

thanks for the info veena ๐Ÿ˜Š I hv watched ishwar and sadma both... sadma is too good... ishwar was also ok... i remember i had watched it in theatre,...

I will surely try to watch Mouna Raagam 

I know Revati,,, I hv seen her movies Love *Salman  and Raat (IMO Raat was the best super horror movie of those days) and also her directorial debut Phir milenge (* salman, shilpa and abhishek),,, I liked that movie too... songs were very nice...

Nachiketj thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Yayyy Finally got a break from 'kahihi ha shree' whats app messages ๐Ÿ˜† thanks to the rain gods

Breaking News
Mumbaichya teenhi railway line band
Mumbaichi BEST seva banda
Phakta wine shop and beer baar chalu
Happy Friday ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Aaj Shivsenela 50 varshe purna jhaali.
Amchya sahebanni swargatun pan mumbai banda karun dakhavli ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by Nachiketj - 8 years ago
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: veena0129

then...Saagar Sangmum...its a beautiful movie...Kamal Haasan's bharat natyam is the hilight of the movie...

these r all old ones...recent ones i don't know much..๐Ÿ˜Š

Kal mala nav athavat navhate. Yes this is also very good movie. Ani KH barobar Jaya Prada aahe na?
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nachiketj

Aaj Shivsenela 50 varshe purna jhaali.[/DIV]

Amchya sahebanni swargatun pan mumbai banda karun dakhavli๐Ÿ˜ƒ

[/DIV]

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Coffee, Zop ani... Kahich nahi!Edited by dlip - 8 years ago