Marathi TV

Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 - Page 31

-Zoey- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@Sonali,I think you didn't see my solution.I have found it 19 by other method but SW said the no. is much lesser.Edited by -Zoey- - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Zoey-

@Sonali,I think you didn't see my solution.I have found it 19 by other method but SW said the no. is much lesser.

oh, is it zoey? Sorry, must have missed your post. I'll dig out and see your post to see your method   too !!

if 19 isn't the answer, then SW please give us the solution.. as it might take another 10 pages of this thread before we find out the solution ðŸ˜Š
Edited by Pooriya - 8 years ago
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Here's the answer to the 2-glass balls, 100 storey building problem along with reasoning:
The key is to use both balls optimally. E.g. if we throw the first ball from 100th floor, we will end up throwing ball 2 from floor 1 upwards 1, 2, 3 etc until it breaks. At the other end, throwing ball 1 from 1st (or 2nd) floor onwards will make 2nd ball almost redundant.
If we throw 1st ball from floor 10, 20, 30 etc & the 2nd from 1-9, 11-19, 21-29 etc will mean that in the worst case at each point,  (9, 19, 29, ... 99), we will need 1+9, 2+9, 3+9, ...10+9 throws (1st ball 10 times, 2nd 9 times).
Throwing 1st ball from 20, 40, 60 etc & the 2nd from 1-19, 21-39, 41-59 etc will require 1+19, 2+19, 3+19, ... 5+19 throws (1st ball 5 times, 2nd 19 times) in the worst cases (19, 39, 59 ... 99). This shows that the answer is between 10 & 20 when no. of throws of both balls will be balanced at each worst case point.
It's easy to see that the interval between successive throws of 1st ball should be reduced by 1 to ensure that the max no. of throws will stay the same.So if we throw the 1st ball from 10, 19, 27, 34, 40, 45, 49, 52, 54, 55 etc instead of 10, 20, 30, 40 etc, the max throws in the worst case will stay constant at 1+9, 2+8, 3+7, 4+6 (for floors 9, 18, 26, 33, 39, 44, 48, 51, 53, 54 etc) but what do we do after 55? In other words, does the max no. of throws = 10 for 55 storeyed building give us a formula for a 100-storeyed building?
Note that the 1st number is the no. of throws of 1st ball while the 2nd no. is the no . of throws of 2nd ball.
The sum of numbers 1 to n is given by the formula n*(n+1)/2. So the sum of numbers 1 to 10 is 10*11/2=55 where 10 is the no. of floor from where the 1st ball is thrown.
Extrapolating, we have to find the smallest n where n*(n+1)/2 equals or exceeds 100. thus we get the answer as 14 (14*15/2 = 105 > 100). 
Dropping the first ball from floors 14, 27, 39, 50 etc ensures you won't need more than 14 throws for any floor till 100.
mishkil88 thumbnail
Atul kulkarni + Sachin khedekar with mrinal kulkarni in marathi upcmg mv "Rajwade & sons" by sachin kundalkar...will be released around dassera in october. Edited by mishkil88 - 8 years ago
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
'Gavathi' Kate Beckett aka 'Asmita' has fallen for 'Abhiman'. Now it's time for her to know who is real murder of her father. And then ... emotional drama.ðŸĪŠ

Jane Se Pahile ...

Jya 'Castle' serial-che Asmita he 'Below Poverty-line (marathit - dalidri)' adaption aahe, tya 'Castle serial' madhe sudhha 'Kate ani Castle' chi relation-ship ashich 'purvaun-purvaun' dakhavali aahe. 

Due to over-stretching of track or due to 'unbelivable' twists, we are calling our serials as MMS (Mathh Marathi Serials, copyright - SW); pan jya serials warun inspiration gheun (marathit - dhap marun) hya serial bantat tya 'English serials' madhe dekhil ase 'over-stretched' ani 'unbelievable' twists astat.

It took 7 seasons in the serial 'Castle' for Kate and Beckett to get married. And you know what, in their wedding episode; Castle could not reach for wedding, but met with accident on his way and got kidnapped. So (obviously) their wedding got delayed!

Ashyach 'unbelievable' goshti 'Gray's anatomy' madhe sudha ghadlyat (Somebody is coming in hospital and doing firing to kill Doctor or Patient, Doctors squad meeting with 'plane crash', etc). No wonder it's Hindi adaptions 'Sanjeevani 'and  'dil Mil Gaye' had similar twists!

Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Comparatively Malyalam movies and serials are far more original and realistic...but problem is of understanding it...usually subtitles are there for most movies...and viewing Mallu movies is quite an experience...esp Mohanlal and Mammooty pics...but serials dont come with subtitles ðŸ˜”
dlip thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vidya0906

Comparatively Malyalam movies and serials are far more original and realistic...but problem is of understanding it...usually subtitles are there for most movies...and viewing Mallu movies is quite an experience...esp Mohanlal and Mammooty pics...but serials dont come with subtitles ðŸ˜”

Mammooty and Chiranjive were my favorites.

In good old days, on Doordarshan, every Sunday they use to show film from one regional language with English subtitles. I was use to watch those films regularly. 'Shankara bharanam' I saw there and was amazed. Also fortunate to see many Kamal Hasan's classics that time
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yeah Shankara bharanam is a classic...the songs are just awesome...sung by SPB,  who is just brilliant..
I had liked Chiranjeevi's Hindi movie Pratibandh with Juhi...it was a good dramatic action movie.
dlip thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: vidya0906

Yeah Shankara bharanam is a classic...the songs are just awesome...sung by SPB,  who is just brilliant..

I had liked Chiranjeevi's Hindi movie Pratibandh with Juhi...it was a good dramatic action movie.

ditto ðŸ˜Š
mishkil88 thumbnail
I remember they made Shankarabharanam in hindi as Sur Sangam *ing jayaprada. But it was not so good. Sometimes it's better to leave original alone. Compared to Tamil, Telugu & kannada i think Mallu movies are more matured and gentle for ears & eyes.