Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I missed it πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­
In the afternoon I was taking home work of my son and in d evening guests were there... so missed it... πŸ˜­ no worries... in some days it will be available on YT... hopefully... then I will watch...
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anni80

I missed it πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­ πŸ˜­

In the afternoon I was taking home work of my son and in d evening guests were there... so missed it... πŸ˜­ no worries... in some days it will be available on YT... hopefully... then I will watch...

Its available on ZM website videos πŸ˜Š
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dlip

Its available on ZM website videos πŸ˜Š

thanks deepda... πŸ˜Š I'll surely watch it...
mishkil88 thumbnail
it will be definitely repeated ! people have loved it !!
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
As usual, misc comments and news:
S'more trivia about KKG:
I think it was the first play to feature a 'phirata rangmanch' i.e. rota5ing stage.

Faiyaz played the role of Zarina.

I have heard 2 more versions of 'Ghei chhand' from Pt Vijay Koparkar. I compered his pgm on the journey of Marathi natya-sangeet, during which he said one of those versions was indeed performed in the first 10-20 shows in place of the slow version in Pt Abhisheki's voice. 

BTW, I do have a recording of Vasantrao's original lec-dem-performance of 'Marathi Natyasangeetachi Waatchaal' probably from his US tour in the late '70's. I also have a live recording of his electrifying 'Surat piyaki na chhin bisaraayi'. Ironically, it took a play like KKG to reveal to the audience the quality and standard of Vasantrao's musical genius. I have seen Pu La accompanying Vasantrao on the harmonium at Sawai Gandharva Mahotsav, with Bhimsenji in the first row listening to them! The title of Pu La's article on Vasantrao's in 'guN gAIn AwaDI' is 'Pandit Vasantkhan Deshpande'!

If you really want to listen to the most authentic rendition of Vasantaro's & Abhishekibuwa's Gayaki, you must listen to Pt Vijay Koparkar - the only singer to have learnt from both these maestros.

The question 'Why is khansahib pronounced as khasahib?' is  actually backwards. Khasahib with a nasal 'kha' is the correct pronunciation: khansahib with an explicit n is to indicate this nasal sound & that's due to English language's inadequacy in phonetic spellings! Remember 'yog', which gets mispronounced as 'yoga', 'Ram' as 'Rama' etc?

In early 90's, Sridevi, who was at her peak, visited Pune for a shooting. Neela was taken by her friends to the shoot. Sridevi met Neela and complimented her, saying that her friends were right in calling her a Sridevi lookalike. (Neela wore a gajra in her braided her, Sridevi-style, those days.)
Blushing, Neela replied,' kAhIhI Han Shri'! 
And that is how, dear friends, the famous phrase was born!

A couple more word riddles:
The absence of this 11-letter English word makes you a pariah, stateless. Letters 1-4 give a bank's name, 5-7 form the name of a hugely popular car & 8-11 is a mode of transport. What's the word?

This 9-letter English word is indeed striking: take 1 letter away and you get a 8-letter & that's just the beginning. Take away one more letter away & you are looking at a 7-letter word. One less letter & you have a 6-letter word. Keep doing this and you have 5-4-3-2 & 1 letter valid English words. What's unique is that you don't need to rearrange the letters anytime - the leftover letters form valid words after removing 1 letter (from different positions in the original word). Can you figure it out?

Should I post the answer to the puzzle about two glass balls and the 100-storeyed building?

vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Lol SW..kaahihi πŸ˜†
Thanks for the extra information on KKG.

The answer to the first puzzle is CitizenshipπŸ˜›
Nachiketj thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hello friends!! Another June birthday, its raining birthdays in June. Today is Dipali's birthday. Please wish her on 
Edited by Nachiketj - 8 years ago
.Neela. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Vidya,
You made my day with that Nutan Dev Anand song.  Such a versatile actress right ⭐️Thanks dear!

Good information about KKG, Dilip da, SW and Vidya.  Another one to the 'to be viewed' list.  And Anni, Zoey, thanks for the KY2 recommendation (in details πŸ˜‰). Itna handsome hero aur main na dekhu?? πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†  My only problem is after the first 150-200 engrossing episodes, there is just bucket filling and that is what makes me think twice these days.  

And LOL...kahihi ha SW...πŸ˜†. Ab woh kaale, ghane, lambe baal bhi nahi rahe aur gajre ke liye phool bhi nahi hai πŸ˜”.  Ab sirf new serials dekh ke fool banana padta hai 

What a lousy weather today - it's raining here again and reminds me of another Nutan song - Savan ka mahina Pavan kare sor β€οΈ

Ehan pe ban ma naach ne ke liye mor to nahin hai, albatta bahut saare khargosh hain jo mere bageeche ke chote gulaab ke paudhe pe party kar rahe hain aaj kal πŸ˜‘

Fresh from our garden - today morning's lillies.  Unfortunately imagur is not working for me all the times.  Don't know why?!! πŸ˜•

http://imgur.com/7Xj0Naw

http://imgur.com/AJWQUSR

And the answer to SW's 2nd puzzle:  Is the word STARTLING  - 9 letters
Remove L and it becomes : STARTING  - 8 letters
Remove the 2nd T and it becomes STARING - 7 letters
Remove the A and it becomes STRING - 6 letters
Remove the R and it becomes STING - 5 letters
remove the  T,  and the word becomes: SING - 4 letters
remove the G and the word becomes: SIN
remove the S, and the word becomes: IN
remove the N, and the word becomes: I

Cheers πŸ˜Š
Edited by .Neela. - 8 years ago
vidya0906 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh oh so that was the word   STARTING is the 2nd word that i knew...i had thought we have to remove letters in a sequence, so i was breaking my head to find which letter should come before S,πŸ€” so that a proper word is formed😊  Neela πŸ‘
And what beautiful flowers..you truly have a green thumbπŸ‘πŸΌ

Reading the word 'albatta' reminded me of Humsafar (Fawad serialπŸ˜ƒ)  In that Khirad uses that word in a dialog with AsherπŸ˜›

Btw, everywhere we can see one gearing up for the First International Yoga Day, on 21 June 2015...Just thought of sharing with you all, what I had received as a forward wrt the same😊

Time period- 33 mins

Part 1 (2 min)

Shlok

Om sangachchhadhwam samvadadhwam samvomanansi janatam. Deva bhagam yatha purve sanjanana upaste."

Part 2 (3 min)

Warming up
(For relaxation)

Neck rotation
Shoulder rotation
Hip rotation
Knee rotation
etc...

Part 3 (15 min)

A) Yogasan in standing position

1) Tadasan 
2) Vrukshasan 
3) Pad Hastasan 
4) Ardhchakrasan 
5) Trikonasan

B) Yogasan in sitting position

1) Bhadrasan 
2) Shashankasan 
3) Ardh ushtrasan 
4) Vakrasan

C) Yogasan in sleeping position (on stomach)

1) Bhujangasan 
2) Shalbhasan 
3) Makrasan

D) Yogasan in sleeping position

1) Setu bandh sarvangasan 
2) Pawan muktasan 
3) Shwasan

Part 4 (2 min)

Kapalbhati 
(10-12 breaths in 3 rounds)

Part 5 (5 min)

Pranayaam 
1) Nadishodhan (5 rounds)
2) Bramari Pranayaam (5 rounds)

Part 6 (6 min)

Sit in any kind of Dhyan mudra

(Shambavi mudra, aankhen bandh aur haathon ki gyan mudra )

At the time of Meditation play melodies background music.

Lastly take Sankalp:

"Humein hamaare man ko hamesha santulit rakhna hai.  Isi me hi hamara aatmvikas samaya hua hai.  Vishwa ki ekta ke liye, swaasth ke liye aur shantata ke vruddhi ke liye, vishwa ke prati, samaj ke prati, mere kaam ke prati, mere parivaar ke prati aur mere khuddh ke prati jo kartavya hai, mai unhe poora karne ka nishchay karta hoon."

I guess this is something that should really be followed by all, what say?

Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow, nice posts everyone. Great to know so many things about the famous drama!! I grew up listening to it's songs.. but never had a chance to actually see it.. Missed it on Sunday too πŸ˜­ but as dilip da has told, will check out the ZM site to watch it!!

SW: I think I have found the solution.. Did not get the time to post it before:

"F"th is the next floor we'll go to, after every HIT of the ball.  

After first MISS on floor Z, we'll try out Z-F+1 to Z-1 floors i.e. F-1 floors at max.
So, in order to optimize the value of F, we need to solve this maths eq.-

D = (100/F) + (F-1) ... (1)

here D is the no. of drops in worst case. 

Now, to minimize D, we need to find it's limit when F tends to 0.
thus... 
        dD/dF = d/dF (100/F) + d/dF (F-1)

thus,
        dD/dF =  1 - 100/F^2 

equating above to 0, resolves to ::  F = sqrt of 100 = 10

From our eq. (1),
                                D = 10 + (10 -1) = 19.

(could not write the maths eq. better in this text box :(  I hope it's legible..)

P.S. Sorry for this long, mathematical post πŸ˜Š