Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

2. I would highly recommend 'Ship of Theseus' and esp its second segment, as example of an outstanding Indian movie. I liked it as much as 'The Lunchbox'. Neeraj Kabi plays Maitreya, the monk, with such realism that I think he has to be one of the finesh actors in India today.

5. How long will D3 hold the viewers' interest? In absence of a storyline that moves forward, we are being shown, quite predictably, the travails of all six roomies one by one. It's Meenal's turn now. A particular dialogue by Meenal the other day, where she is shown complaining to Reshma about some girl who got a role strictly because of her family connections, must have really hit home (unintentionally)! Meenal tells Reshma: "nA rUp, nA rang, nA talent, tilA to role miLAlA to phakta tiche waDIl tyA company che mAlak Ahet mhaNUn!' (or something similar).
It couldn't be more ironical since almost all those adjective apply to Reshma herself!
IMHO (and I am sorry if this hurts her fans!), Reshma's acting hasn't improved by an iota from the first episode and it seems she got the role strictly because of her lineage. Although I won't like to comment about 'rang' and 'rUp', IMHO all other serials have more attractive actresses, incl D3.

Oh yes! Ship of theseus was  an absolute delight.  It was a beautiful idea in itself, to make a movie on a thought experiment.. and they did it wonderfully
Mishkil, I don't know if the movie has come on TV, but buying a CD is worth it, if you like philosophical discussions/movies.

In case of D3, even meenal herself a star-child! Mhanun ch tyani Ranbeer kapoor cha udaaharan deun ek palvaat kadhun thevli dialogues madhun ðŸ˜‰
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mishkil88

EE didn't live upto huge expectation created by enormous hype. Simple and predictable story but outstanding performances by all actors. Ofcourse the ad-breaks and shining by Madhugandha herself on her vishesh "gyan" about upvas & ekadashi etc was quite annoying. 

Word!!

Originally posted by: spashta-wakta

5. How long will D3 hold the viewers' interest? In absence of a storyline that moves forward, we are being shown, quite predictably, the travails of all six roomies one by one. It's Meenal's turn now. A particular dialogue by Meenal the other day, where she is shown complaining to Reshma about some girl who got a role strictly because of her family connections, must have really hit home (unintentionally)! Meenal tells Reshma: "nA rUp, nA rang, nA talent, tilA to role miLAlA to phakta tiche waDIl tyA company che mAlak Ahet mhaNUn!' (or something similar).
It couldn't be more ironical since almost all those adjective apply to Reshma herself!
IMHO (and I am sorry if this hurts her fans!), Reshma's acting hasn't improved by an iota from the first episode and it seems she got the role strictly because of her lineage. Although I won't like to comment about 'rang' and 'rUp', IMHO all other serials have more attractive actresses, incl D3.

Word again!

He one act play at a kantalvane hot ahet! Like I said dreamers (prod house) need to brainstorm. 6 pqike 2 epis baghnyasarkhe astat
dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooriya

On that note, do read "Nataka thevanitli" book by K. Nadkarni. I have heard it's good, and is currently in my wishlist to read ðŸ˜Š

Kamalakar Nadkarni-che Nataka-waril lekh changale asayache. Ek-did varshapurvi te loksatte madhe weekly column lihayache. The theme was winning dramas of yesteryear's from 'Maharashtra Rajya Natya spardha'. It was a good nostalgic ride!

Kamlakar Nadkani-nchya adhi 'Madhav Manohar' hyanchi 'Natka-warchi vishleshane' wachayala mala awadayche.

Ravindra Pathare also write good reviews in currently active writers.

Edited by dlip - 8 years ago
mishkil88 thumbnail
When EE was being telecast, there was Anil-Arun special program on Colors Marathi where all the good songs of A-A were played/ enacted and all the bigwigs of the industry like Sachin & many others gave speeches. Anuradha was also present ( she has swollen like a big potato). She was shown singing "mi varyachya vegane aale" and few other songs but i doubt they were played on CD in the background because her voice can't be same as 25 years ago.  
Ajay purkar sung Vasantrao Deshpande's "pratham tula vandito" . Obviously no comparison can be made but he did try very well.  I could see this program as i saw the recorded EE later with fwd button.
Edited by mishkil88 - 8 years ago
mishkil88 thumbnail
Just for debate : EE madhe  Newton ani Einstein che references ugachach ghusadlya sarkhe vatle nahit ka ? keval ha picture andha-shraddhatmak vatu naye mhanun . Mala tari te asambaddha vatle. What u all think ?? Edited by mishkil88 - 8 years ago
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: mishkil88

Anuradha was also present ( she has swollen like a big potato). 

The song 'koN hotIs tU kAy jhAlIs tU, aga weDe kashI wAyA gelIs tU'' seems appropriate. She was probably a third of her current volume in her heyday.
I would also suggest watching the 'pAUsweLA' episode of 'naksHatrAnche deNe' decades ago. I bet you won't be able to recognize Vaishali Samant. Bela Shende has only grown to 1.75 times from that time but Vaishali has gone up to 2.5 times! In that episode, she looks closer to Neha Joshi (the slim Rajani from KRD) in size. The male singers haven't 'prospered' as much ðŸ˜†
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I heard that post SRGMP little champs schedule Vaishali Samant was undergoing some treatment... that might be the reason of her weight gain...
but i was shocked to see Neelam Shirke (Sulekha of Asambhav)... it took me 5 mins to actually believe that she is the one...
Basantii thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Mishkil, Nachiket n all Thanekars, tmc udya panyacha supply banda thevnar ahe asa whatsapp msg phirto ahe..
Nachiketj thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Basantii

Mishkil, Nachiket n all Thanekars, tmc udya panyacha supply banda thevnar ahe asa whatsapp msg phirto ahe..

Dar guruwari thanyaat paani jaata ðŸ˜†
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uc5HuaYhbo
ABP maza interview of GTG for celebration of 150 prayog...