Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dlip thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Nachiketj

...there was a attitude, marathi movies r classic we dnt need ths marketing it has a special audience..the movie sells on the content...but this is not enough for money making and was recognised by the young producers and directors.

πŸ‘πŸΌ

Marathi bana mhanje 'Moden ...pan waakanar nahi' 

But; in a way, it is good they are learning trick of tread ('Waakale-la' punha (tath) ubha rahu shakto. 'Modlele-la' nahi!)
anni80 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@bold πŸ˜• was it??? 

yess... the same thing was done with Balak Palak also when it was telecast on ZM... all time between breaks they were showing interviews of cast and director... πŸ₯±
dlip thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nachiketj

So Dilip...mhanun tar tey mhantat advertisement pasun sutaka pahijey asel tar theater madhe jaun bagha..parat parat bagha jar avadla asel tar πŸ˜ƒ

agadich barobar (BTW, mi PBA ani Loakmanya donhi movies theater madhe jaun pahilyat. I would like watch them again as well. πŸ˜Š)
mishkil88 thumbnail
Dilip - mi suddha he donhi pics theatre madhe pahile aahet. Ani parat nakkich baghen.  He donhi EE chya aadhi yeun gelet ani ZM ne produce kelet. Tari pan ajun WTP kasa nahi zala he ashcharya aahe. 
Pooriya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Watched Naandi & EE on weekend.
As expected, Naandi was really good. But I felt it could have been better. The concept and the selection of plays were good.. Pan HJ ne lihilela bhaag ajun jasta 'susutra' hou shakla asta asa vatla.. The core intention of the play was to show how the perception about women & morality has changes (or for that matter hasn't changed!) over the years.. So the dialogues between Spruha & HJ should have been more specific and crisp.. But despite this, it was a very good, one of it's kind experience.. I would like to watch it again πŸ‘πŸΌ

about EE: I felt the story wasn't great but direction and acting was good. As everyone is saying they worsened the experience by showing the movie in between the ads.. But that's what you expect from ZM when you get to watch the movie for free. Their motto is - if we can't get your money, we get your time! πŸ˜‰  (I felt *P was better in this case)

However, all in all, nice weekend treats πŸ˜Š
Pooriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: mishkil88

Dilip - mi suddha he donhi pics theatre madhe pahile aahet. Ani parat nakkich baghen.  He donhi EE chya aadhi yeun gelet ani ZM ne produce kelet. Tari pan ajun WTP kasa nahi zala he ashcharya aahe. 

Mishkil mala vatata, ya donhi films na extra promotion chi garaj padli nahi (like EE) as they were rich on their contents.. So tya movies theater madhye hi jasta diwas chalalya.. Like a mother, ZM loves the disabled child more I guess so they tried to over-promote EE. πŸ˜ƒ 

Let's wait for the other 2 movies though.. Even I would like to watch them again! 
Edited by Pooriya - 8 years ago
dlip thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pooriya

Watched Naandi & EE on weekend.

As expected, Naandi was really good. But I felt it could have been better. The concept and the selection of plays were good.. Pan HJ ne lihilela bhaag ajun jasta 'susutra' hou shakla asta asa vatla.. The core intention of the play was to show how the perception about women & morality has changes (or for that matter hasn't changed!) over the years.. So the dialogues between Spruha & HJ should have been more specific and crisp.. But despite this, it was a very good, one of it's kind experience.. I would like to watch it again πŸ‘πŸΌ

I intend to buy the book 'Nandi' they have released. 

BTW, Sonali; do you remember few years back similar compilation was done by drama-crtic Kamalkar Nadkarni and the play was called as 'Panch-kanya'. The theme was 5 heroins from old classic dramas who dare to rebel against the 'then' prevailing norms. One was Sharada (G B Deval), Rukmini (from Drama Swyamwar), Bhamini (Drama - Manapman), Geeta (drama Ekach Payala)... I am unable to recollect the 5th one😭

It was telecasted on Doordrashan as well. 
spashta-wakta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Misc comments on posts on the last few pages:
1. Yes, I found EE completely ordinary, with oversmart (AgAU) kids mouthing dialogues too witty for their IQ shown in the movie. I was smart enough to watch the movie in bits and pieces (with the French Open taking most of my time!) and so didn't get annoyed by ZM (Zee Marketing). I found the kids a little too KPS (khAUn piUn sukhI, a nicer-sounding synonym for 'plump') for their family background, though they acted really well - even their AgAU dialogues! The girl's hairstyle was a bit too 'mod' for her character, I thought.

2. I would highly recommend 'Ship of Theseus' and esp its second segment, as example of an outstanding Indian movie. I liked it as much as 'The Lunchbox'. Neeraj Kabi plays Maitreya, the monk, with such realism that I think he has to be one of the finesh actors in India today.

3. 'nAndI' is quite good, but like Pooriya, I think the HJ-written part could have been better. The parallel track between Spruha's character's real-life situation and the female characters presented in the play was not developed well.

4. 'Asmita' followers must have noted that the spiteful, jealous s-i-l of Asmita (Abhiman's sister Vaidehi) has exited the serial. Well, it seems Colors Marathi (which seems determined to give tough competition to Zee Marketing) is coming up with some competition to D3.

5. How long will D3 hold the viewers' interest? In absence of a storyline that moves forward, we are being shown, quite predictably, the travails of all six roomies one by one. It's Meenal's turn now. A particular dialogue by Meenal the other day, where she is shown complaining to Reshma about some girl who got a role strictly because of her family connections, must have really hit home (unintentionally)! Meenal tells Reshma: "nA rUp, nA rang, nA talent, tilA to role miLAlA to phakta tiche waDIl tyA company che mAlak Ahet mhaNUn!' (or something similar).
It couldn't be more ironical since almost all those adjective apply to Reshma herself!
IMHO (and I am sorry if this hurts her fans!), Reshma's acting hasn't improved by an iota from the first episode and it seems she got the role strictly because of her lineage. Although I won't like to comment about 'rang' and 'rUp', IMHO all other serials have more attractive actresses, incl D3.
mishkil88 thumbnail
SW: all your comments fully agreed. Let me know if Ship of thesus is being run on any TV channel ? or you watched on dvd or in theater ?
Pooriya thumbnail

Originally posted by: dlip

I intend to buy the book 'Nandi' they have released. 

BTW, Sonali; do you remember few years back similar compilation was done by drama-crtic Kamalkar Nadkarni and the play was called as 'Panch-kanya'. The theme was 5 heroins from old classic dramas who dare to rebel against the 'then' prevailing norms. One was Sharada (G B Deval), Rukmini (from Drama Swyamwar), Bhamini (Drama - Manapman), Geeta (drama Ekach Payala)... I am unable to recollect the 5th one😭

It was telecasted on Doordrashan as well. 

Dilip da, yes now that you mentioned about it, I do remember a play like that! But I haven't watched it.. I couldn't even remember the 4 kanyaas you mentioned, forget the fifth one πŸ˜Š But was it Manorama (from drama Manorama) or Sairandhri (from Kichakvadh) by any chance?

On that note, do read "Nataka thevanitli" book by K. Nadkarni. I have heard it's good, and is currently in my wishlist to read πŸ˜Š