Gappa Tappa Corner - 3 - Page 9

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by anni80

yess he was hero in d movie Jaan tere Naam... although movie was flop but songs were nice...

he also acted in d movie Sainik as side hero which has Akshay Kumar and Ashwini Bhave as lead

now a days it seems Sushant Singh Rajput is also settling as Mainstream Films Hero...

Rk DID NOT DO ANY CGRADE FILMS mishkil😡

Bgrade maybe..he did some detective samrat film. Last year. N will you marry me?

But no c grade
Yeah srk nantar konich tasa successful solo hero nahi zhalay. Vikrat Massey side role kartoy changlya films made n SSR is getting good projects but hits..not really
Ram kapoor n ronit pan supporting roles made gajtahet

Rajeev tari lead heroch ahe but critical acclaimed small films made. Hope he does not do sidey roles.
Watched "Mothers' Day" *ing 4 of "Shree's moms" from HSMHG (hoNAr sUn mI hyA gharchI). Suhita Thatte (Narmada) has the lead role & Supriya Pathare (Indu), Pournima Talwalkar (Baby) & Smita Sarawade (Saru) have supporting roles. Rohini Hattangadi (aai-aji) is the narrator's voice.
It is written & directed by Anand Mhasvekar, who has also written 'U-Turn', which is quite good. So I watched this play which is advertised as a 'black comedy', a genre not common to Marathi stage ('MahAnirwAN' being the major exponent of this genre). 

*** spoiler: story below. don't read if you don't want to know what it is about. ***

The story is about a dutiful d-i-l who is looking after her comatose m-i-l. The doc tells that the m-i-l's death is imminent and so the d-i-l calls her three s-i-l's (naNandA) to visit their mother for one last time.  The m-i-l turns out to be more resilient than expected and survives that critical period, but unexpectedly passes away on the operation table when she is expected to make a full recovery. 

*** end of spoiler ***

The first act is quite good and consistent. Suhita Thatte's Suman, Smita Sarawade's Vaishali & Pournima Talwalkar's Shivani are not too different from the characters they play in HSMHG while Supriya Pathare's Rekha is quite different from her HSMHG character. 

In the second act, it seems the writer got confused and instead of keeping it a black comedy, turned it into a story about morality & relationships and lost his way. Some jokes are quite
weak and there are some clever wordplays too. The direction is good, sets are good and the performances are a bit over the top, esp Smita Saravade's Vaishali.

However, I came out with the feeling that had the writer stuck to keeping it a black comedy and shown how the dutiful d-i-l teaches the errant daughters a lesson, it would have been more successful.

Sadly, the theater wasn't even half full for the 5 pm Sunday show.
Hi All, Good morning. Thought of sharing something.

Anyone watched the new drama, Lovebirds? Wanted to know if its good.
Also, wanted to know if the new album of Shshank k & Dipika Jog is good.. Not sure if its released or yet to be released. TIA :)
Originally posted by Pooriya

Also, wanted to know if the new album of Shshank k & Dipika Jog is good.. Not sure if its released or yet to be released. TIA :)

lovebirds
Title of drama review report by Ravindra Parhare - Distinction in 3rd attempt!

The report says now it is much better than earlier two runs.Edited by dlip - 8 years ago

I have seen Lovebirds *ing aniket & amruta. First half and suspense is  good but it deteriorates towards the end with unnecessary twists and complications. 2005  Hindi movie YAKEEN *ing Priyanka chopra & Arjun rampal which was based on 1991 hollywood movie SHATTERED had same story which is copied into lovebirds. They may have made some improvements in 3rd version with Mukta barve & vidyadhar joshi but plot remains same. Overall result is average. But if you are mukta barve fan you can watch it though heroine has less space compared hero in this drama. Amruta & Aniket both did good job and i think it did quite well at BO that time.
Originally posted by dipalimanish

... Thought of sharing something.

Chan aahe 👏

Is it written by you?

BTW, halli Zoey kuthe aahe?
Originally posted by dlip

Chan aahe 👏

Is it written by you?

BTW, halli Zoey kuthe aahe?

Thanks a lot Dilip Da. No its not written by me, but I liked it very much.

I think Zoey is busy with marriage of a close friend, should be active by next week again, I guess.

Like Mishkil, I too saw the version with Aniket & Amruta. Excellent suspense story, lifted straight from 'Shattered'. Amruta had looked glamorous in the role now being played by Mukta but I don't know if that will work. I don't think Mukta looked glamorous in 'Lagna Pahave Karun' either.
It is one of those plays that didn't click earlier despite having all ingredients for success. Hope it does now!
Since all the theater producers have banned Ma. Ta. for advertising their plays, the only way you can come to know the schedule is from their resp FB page if you read only Ma. Ta. Loksatta and others continue to give ads i believe. Ma. Ta have hiked ad rates suddenly.Edited by mishkil88 - 8 years ago