Pakistani Serials

India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Sangat (HumTv) - Mikaal, Saba Qamar, Zahid Ahmed (Page 133)

-MitwaIshqPe- IF-Stunnerz
-MitwaIshqPe-
-MitwaIshqPe-

Posted: 18 November 2015 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Uff! I don't know what message this show is trying to give.. But i'm in love with everyone's acting in this drama!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

xSaiyaara-shabz-

26javey IF-Sizzlerz
26javey
26javey

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 8:22am | IP Logged
I'm in love with this strong Aashi. I absolutely loved the confrontation between Aashi and Shavez. 
I'm so done with Adnan's behaviour. Initially, I understood where he was coming from, but now neither Ashi nor Sangat deserve his current behaviour.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

xSaiyaara

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Amazing amazing episode today 
God the confrontation between ashi n shavez in the hospital was BANG ON...each n every dialogue was like a SIXER from zafar sir and SABA Q TAKE A BOW FOR ENACTING THE SCENE SO FLAWLESSLY...I felt like clapping for her...the way she showed ashis pain and disgust was so visible from her eyes n face...GOD WHAT ACTING...Hats off 

Second I liked how zafar sir showed some issues with adnans workplace as well...I find it really boring to watch scenes from one apartment to doosra apartment and hero's role confined to family issues only...dramas hardly show office issues ...here I luved how adnan had a problem at work and shavez came to help...zahid is too good in the gunda type scnes ...He shows each trait of shavez so flawlessly n so well...again WOW 

Third fav scene was the last scene between shavez n his dad...I jus adore the actor who is shavez dad here...He was in mehrams too and he is such a terrific actor...in mwhram he was a strict moulovi n here a retired university faculty who has a nursery now...his get up way of talking everything he moulds so well according to the character...

The first scene Saba q stole the show 

And in the last scene zahid n his dad JUST KILLED IT...there was always some complications between the father son relationship but still shavez used to help his dad with the nursery but today seeing his son sitting in office working...specifically the son he lost hope completely was such a moment of pride for the dad...I hv experienced it in real life too like when I got the job n my parents were so happy...they used to tell me to take a picture of me teaching in class n show them how do I look n here the EXACT same emotion shavez dad was showing n I felt so happy for the dad...ZAHID WAS EXCELLENT in the scene...He was happy to mk his dad happy which he cud never do...shavez had a look of satisfaction on his face coz his dad is happy...

Again dramas usually focus on mom son...mom daughter relationship but thanks to zafar sir for showing father son complicated relationship so beautifully and effectively...

I jus can't get over the last scene when shavez kept telling the dad let's go to canteen n talk but his dad didn't want to leave the cabin as it was his sons office cabin ...also in the end the way he congratulates shavez for the wedding n they hug n both cry WAS SO SO BEAUTIFUL...I M SPEECHLESS...hvnt seen such beautiful scene before 

HATS OFF TO TEAM SANGAT 
-shabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-shabz-
-shabz-

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Zubaida is such a hypocrite
she was telling salmas parent not to think of Duniya wale and log kya kahen gay, when in fact she told her daughter not to disclose the rape for same reasons.Clap (Sarcastic claps)

Performance vise, again a good episode, each and every actor deserves applause.

iamsania01xSaiyaara

ABBY_JERAN IF-Sizzlerz
ABBY_JERAN
ABBY_JERAN

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -shabz-

Zubaida is such a hypocrite
she was telling salmas parent not to think of Duniya wale and log kya kahen gay, when in fact she told her daughter not to disclose the rape for same reasons.Clap (Sarcastic claps)

Performance vise, again a good episode, each and every actor deserves applause.

I wont call it hypocrisy

Coz compared to rape getting public this salma issue is nothing m

In salmas case its indeed not needed to care about duniyawale

But in case of rape case in our society the raped gal is still looked down upon like she is from some other world

While mking rape public in asian subcontinent one has to think about the duniyawale

If salma was also raped n then ashis mom was shown telling her parents not to care about people...that wud hv been hypocrisy

But we cant compare ashi n salmas situation here
HeavenlyBliss. IF-Addictz
HeavenlyBliss.
HeavenlyBliss.

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
who is zubeida?
xSaiyaara IF-Rockerz
xSaiyaara
xSaiyaara

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
I'm mostly a silent reader, mainly because anything that one writes about this show inadvertently leads to a debate - not that there is anything wrong with that, but I wanted to make sure I comment when I will have time to actually participate in the discussion too :)
First things first: Regardless of the content of the show, the performances never disappoint. Saba Qamar and Zahid Ahmed are the stars of this show; Mikaal is also doing a tremendous job, especially in the climatic scenes such as the revelation. 

I know there is a lot being written about the show, particularly with regards to the portrayal of the rapist as a "hero". I, for one, have never felt this that this is what they are trying to show and today's confrontation between Shavez-Aashi confirmed it. As soon as Shavez was about to start his rant about how he is doing all this "zaleel hone ke liye", Ashi stopped him right there. All her dialogues today mirrored EXACTLY what all viewers wanted to scream at Shavez. Because there is no sympathy and no forgiveness for him, no matter what he does now. One thing I hope the writers don't forget is that this entire incident was pre-planned and not an in-the-moment sort of thing - he came there that night to commit a crime and he was not able to stop himself. How can such a man ever be forgiven?

All his supposedly "heroic" acts are his attempt at redemption which the maulvi has earlier clarified is something he can chase all he wants, but it will never come to him for he has committed a heinous, unforgivable crime. Everything he does, then, is futile - the good can never erase or outweigh the evil. Despite the fact that Ashi had forgiven him (as she said today), that no one suspects him, that he has so much love and support (illogical but Salma and Prof. Zubeida do blindly support him), he still has nothing because of his guilt. Because he is a criminal. No one is punishing him, yet he IS being punished. Of course, I do want to see him formally being punished in the worst possible way at the end, but for now, this internal conflict is clearly ripping him apart. And this is not a punishment that he has imposed upon himself so that he can be labelled a "hero", the weight of his crime is actually that heavy that he simply cannot escape it. The last scene between the father and son also hinted at this - his father's pride is something he does not deserve and he knows it (brilliant expressions by Zahid in this scene, by the way). When Shavez cried at the end, I won't say I felt sympathy but I did feel that he was suffering and rightfully so - again for this, I attribute it to Zahid's acting as none of this can be picked up from the dialogues alone.

Long story short: Shavez is not a hero. No matter what he does, there is no sympathy and no possibility of redemption.

At least, that's my interpretation of the show at the moment. I usually don't watch Pakistani shows that deal with this subject because I know it will be poorly handled (the psychiatrist in Sangat is a good example of this - still waiting for a logical sentence from that woman). Only watching this for the strong performers in this show and the fact that they are trying to offer the unique perspective of a rapist too. Fingers crossed that it remains morally sound and does not become a trainwreck in the process.

P.S. Didn't mean for this to get THAT long. I've been meaning to comment on the show for a while now so it was all bottled up ;)

Edited by xSaiyaara - 19 November 2015 at 1:18pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-shabz-ABBY_JERAN-MitwaIshqPe-

xSaiyaara IF-Rockerz
xSaiyaara
xSaiyaara

Posted: 19 November 2015 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Best dialogue today: "Iss baar main chup nahin rahoon gi". 

Saba Qamar, you nailed it! I think a lot of factors contributed to Aashi's initial silence but this is the empowered victim I wanted to see. She made it clear that it is her personal choice that she kept quiet but if need be, she will not be afraid to raise her voice and be heard. Although it still makes no sense to me why she can't disclose the truth to her mother (especially now that Adnan also knows).

Edited by xSaiyaara - 19 November 2015 at 1:12pm

-shabz--MitwaIshqPe-

Go to top