Sangat (HumTv) - Mikaal, Saba Qamar, Zahid Ahmed - Page 105

Posted: 8 years ago
Amazing amazing episode today 
God the confrontation between ashi n shavez in the hospital was BANG ON...each n every dialogue was like a SIXER from zafar sir and SABA Q TAKE A BOW FOR ENACTING THE SCENE SO FLAWLESSLY...I felt like clapping for her...the way she showed ashis pain and disgust was so visible from her eyes n face...GOD WHAT ACTING...Hats off 

Second I liked how zafar sir showed some issues with adnans workplace as well...I find it really boring to watch scenes from one apartment to doosra apartment and hero's role confined to family issues only...dramas hardly show office issues ...here I luved how adnan had a problem at work and shavez came to help...zahid is too good in the gunda type scnes ...He shows each trait of shavez so flawlessly n so well...again WOW 

Third fav scene was the last scene between shavez n his dad...I jus adore the actor who is shavez dad here...He was in mehrams too and he is such a terrific actor...in mwhram he was a strict moulovi n here a retired university faculty who has a nursery now...his get up way of talking everything he moulds so well according to the character...

The first scene Saba q stole the show 

And in the last scene zahid n his dad JUST KILLED IT...there was always some complications between the father son relationship but still shavez used to help his dad with the nursery but today seeing his son sitting in office working...specifically the son he lost hope completely was such a moment of pride for the dad...I hv experienced it in real life too like when I got the job n my parents were so happy...they used to tell me to take a picture of me teaching in class n show them how do I look n here the EXACT same emotion shavez dad was showing n I felt so happy for the dad...ZAHID WAS EXCELLENT in the scene...He was happy to mk his dad happy which he cud never do...shavez had a look of satisfaction on his face coz his dad is happy...

Again dramas usually focus on mom son...mom daughter relationship but thanks to zafar sir for showing father son complicated relationship so beautifully and effectively...

I jus can't get over the last scene when shavez kept telling the dad let's go to canteen n talk but his dad didn't want to leave the cabin as it was his sons office cabin ...also in the end the way he congratulates shavez for the wedding n they hug n both cry WAS SO SO BEAUTIFUL...I M SPEECHLESS...hvnt seen such beautiful scene before 

HATS OFF TO TEAM SANGAT 
Zubaida is such a hypocrite
she was telling salmas parent not to think of Duniya wale and log kya kahen gay, when in fact she told her daughter not to disclose the rape for same reasons.👏 (Sarcastic claps)

Performance vise, again a good episode, each and every actor deserves applause.
Originally posted by -shabz-

Zubaida is such a hypocrite
she was telling salmas parent not to think of Duniya wale and log kya kahen gay, when in fact she told her daughter not to disclose the rape for same reasons.👏 (Sarcastic claps)

Performance vise, again a good episode, each and every actor deserves applause.

I wont call it hypocrisy

Coz compared to rape getting public this salma issue is nothing m

In salmas case its indeed not needed to care about duniyawale

But in case of rape case in our society the raped gal is still looked down upon like she is from some other world

While mking rape public in asian subcontinent one has to think about the duniyawale

If salma was also raped n then ashis mom was shown telling her parents not to care about people...that wud hv been hypocrisy

But we cant compare ashi n salmas situation here
I'm mostly a silent reader, mainly because anything that one writes about this show inadvertently leads to a debate - not that there is anything wrong with that, but I wanted to make sure I comment when I will have time to actually participate in the discussion too :)
First things first: Regardless of the content of the show, the performances never disappoint. Saba Qamar and Zahid Ahmed are the stars of this show; Mikaal is also doing a tremendous job, especially in the climatic scenes such as the revelation. 

I know there is a lot being written about the show, particularly with regards to the portrayal of the rapist as a "hero". I, for one, have never felt this that this is what they are trying to show and today's confrontation between Shavez-Aashi confirmed it. As soon as Shavez was about to start his rant about how he is doing all this "zaleel hone ke liye", Ashi stopped him right there. All her dialogues today mirrored EXACTLY what all viewers wanted to scream at Shavez. Because there is no sympathy and no forgiveness for him, no matter what he does now. One thing I hope the writers don't forget is that this entire incident was pre-planned and not an in-the-moment sort of thing - he came there that night to commit a crime and he was not able to stop himself. How can such a man ever be forgiven?

All his supposedly "heroic" acts are his attempt at redemption which the maulvi has earlier clarified is something he can chase all he wants, but it will never come to him for he has committed a heinous, unforgivable crime. Everything he does, then, is futile - the good can never erase or outweigh the evil. Despite the fact that Ashi had forgiven him (as she said today), that no one suspects him, that he has so much love and support (illogical but Salma and Prof. Zubeida do blindly support him), he still has nothing because of his guilt. Because he is a criminal. No one is punishing him, yet he IS being punished. Of course, I do want to see him formally being punished in the worst possible way at the end, but for now, this internal conflict is clearly ripping him apart. And this is not a punishment that he has imposed upon himself so that he can be labelled a "hero", the weight of his crime is actually that heavy that he simply cannot escape it. The last scene between the father and son also hinted at this - his father's pride is something he does not deserve and he knows it (brilliant expressions by Zahid in this scene, by the way). When Shavez cried at the end, I won't say I felt sympathy but I did feel that he was suffering and rightfully so - again for this, I attribute it to Zahid's acting as none of this can be picked up from the dialogues alone.

Long story short: Shavez is not a hero. No matter what he does, there is no sympathy and no possibility of redemption.

At least, that's my interpretation of the show at the moment. I usually don't watch Pakistani shows that deal with this subject because I know it will be poorly handled (the psychiatrist in Sangat is a good example of this - still waiting for a logical sentence from that woman). Only watching this for the strong performers in this show and the fact that they are trying to offer the unique perspective of a rapist too. Fingers crossed that it remains morally sound and does not become a trainwreck in the process.

P.S. Didn't mean for this to get THAT long. I've been meaning to comment on the show for a while now so it was all bottled up ;)
Edited by xSaiyaara - 8 years ago
Best dialogue today: "Iss baar main chup nahin rahoon gi". 

Saba Qamar, you nailed it! I think a lot of factors contributed to Aashi's initial silence but this is the empowered victim I wanted to see. She made it clear that it is her personal choice that she kept quiet but if need be, she will not be afraid to raise her voice and be heard. Although it still makes no sense to me why she can't disclose the truth to her mother (especially now that Adnan also knows).
Originally posted by HeavenlyBliss.

who is zubeida?

Ayesha's mom 😆
Originally posted by xSaiyaara

I'm mostly a silent reader, mainly because anything that one writes about this show inadvertently leads to a debate - not that there is anything wrong with that, but I wanted to make sure I comment when I will have time to actually participate in the discussion too :)
First things first: Regardless of the content of the show, the performances never disappoint. Saba Qamar and Zahid Ahmed are the stars of this show; Mikaal is also doing a tremendous job, especially in the climatic scenes such as the revelation.

I know there is a lot being written about the show, particularly with regards to the portrayal of the rapist as a "hero". I, for one, have never felt this that this is what they are trying to show and today's confrontation between Shavez-Aashi confirmed it. As soon as Shavez was about to start his rant about how he is doing all this "zaleel hone ke liye", Ashi stopped him right there. All her dialogues today mirrored EXACTLY what all viewers wanted to scream at Shavez. Because there is no sympathy and no forgiveness for him, no matter what he does now. One thing I hope the writers don't forget is that this entire incident was pre-planned and not an in-the-moment sort of thing - he came there that night to commit a crime and he was not able to stop himself. How can such a man ever be forgiven?

All his supposedly "heroic" acts are his attempt at redemption which the maulvi has earlier clarified is something he can chase all he wants, but it will never come to him for he has committed a heinous, unforgivable crime. Everything he does, then, is futile - the good can never erase or outweigh the evil. Despite the fact that Ashi had forgiven him (as she said today), that no one suspects him, that he has so much love and support (illogical but Salma and Prof. Zubeida do blindly support him), he still has nothing because of his guilt. Because he is a criminal. No one is punishing him, yet he IS being punished. Of course, I do want to see him formally being punished in the worst possible way at the end, but for now, this internal conflict is clearly ripping him apart. And this is not a punishment that he has imposed upon himself so that he can be labelled a "hero", the weight of his crime is actually that heavy that he simply cannot escape it. The last scene between the father and son also hinted at this - his father's pride is something he does not deserve and he knows it (brilliant expressions by Zahid in this scene, by the way). When Shavez cried at the end, I won't say I felt sympathy but I did feel that he was suffering and rightfully so - again for this, I attribute it to Zahid's acting as none of this can be picked up from the dialogues alone.

Long story short: Shavez is not a hero. No matter what he does, there is no sympathy and no possibility of redemption.

At least, that's my interpretation of the show at the moment. I usually don't watch Pakistani shows that deal with this subject because I know it will be poorly handled (the psychiatrist in Sangat is a good example of this - still waiting for a logical sentence from that woman). Only watching this for the strong performers in this show and the fact that they are trying to offer the unique perspective of a rapist too. Fingers crossed that it remains morally sound and does not become a trainwreck in the process.

P.S. Didn't mean for this to get THAT long. I've been meaning to comment on the show for a while now so it was all bottled up ;)

THANK U

THANK U

THANK U

FINALLY IT DOES SEEM SOMEONE IS WATCHING THE SAME SHOW AS I AM

I SO WANTED TO SAY THIS N DID TO SOME EXTENT BUT I CUDNT HV WORDED IT BETTER THAN U

yaar can u PLZ COPY PASTE THIS AND POST THIS IN HUM TV FB PG...ALSO MSSG THIS IN FB TO ZAHID AND ZAFAR MAIRAJ SIR ...coz this is EXACTLY what the writer wanted to show and showing the rapist side of the story is what mks the show different n hence so many r watching it...even i avoid watching pak typical rape shows where there is too many OTT scenes n buckets of crying n banging head n banging hands on the wall

BUT THIS IS RRALLY DIFFERRNT N A BRILLIANT ATTEMPT to bring something different to the viwers keeping the family drama quotient in tact

I HV A SINCERE REQUEST PLZ DONT REMAIN SILENT JUS COZ IT WILL LEAD TO AN ARGUMENT ...coz not necessarily others hv to agree with u...not necessarily i hv to counter argue if others r quoting u n mk it a battlefiled but PLZ PLZ DO WRITE UR REVIEW IN THIS THREAD ...AT LEAST LET US KJOW UR POV

THEN IGNORE THE COUNTER POSTS...u dont hv to defend urself

BUT PLZ DONT REMAIN SILENT ...coz that mks the basher party louder and gives a different picture that as if their OTT review of rapist is the hero is corrrct

I WANT TO SEE U HERE EVERY WK

THATS AN ORDER
Originally posted by -RisingAsh-

I have watched the first episode of this show a long.. LONG back.. But couldn't post my views on it.. I was not that much in to this show going by the promos n stuff.. I don't know.. But no shows attract me nowadays.. I am drama-free these days.. its as simple as that😆. But after that first epi n 2nd too eventually.. I felt its repeating the same old crap that I am not really fond of.. so i stopped n watched here n there starting from 5 or 6 on wards on TV.. Its a likable show so far.

The first episode was such a refresher for me really... I loved it.. so many elements were relatable. The whole intro thing is what I loved the most.. Hum ladkiyan chahein kitna bhi parh lein lekin agar kitchen mein thik nahi, toh kuch nahi .. from minor si things like this one to the major one regarding Ashi n Adnan's personal matter.. everything was relatable. I was IN the episode.. BUT then last scene happened n I got ughh wali feeling.. I knew it was the base of the show.. the starting point.. but I didn't want to see it at that time.. Plus I was afraid if they are once again going to handle this issue the same way ? So this is what made me stop watching it Plus this is what happened in epis later on Mom's not so moral support to the victim n asking to HIDE it from the hubby n everyone was hard to digest :S But what made it a bit logical was Adnan's confession to Ashi that IF this same thing happened to her, he would either die or kill that person .. Keeping mum on this made sense.. I find Adnan a weak guy.. and Ashi needed a STRONG man at that time who could handle this issue AND console her... BUT he was weak.. thats all I am gonna say here on her reason for being silent.

This show changed its plot after a few episodes.. we saw the redemption phase of that culprit for the sin he did.. Slowly they revealed about their past n how they knew each other pehle se.. it was a nice touch.. Then the additional elements of his life.. where does he live.. with whom etc.. Salma's character is introduced n I liked that girl too till now.. she was/is blindly in love with Shavez.. good.. I understand that.. But once she got to know about him being the culprit of HER.. she STILL was fond of him.. so I will most likely use.. that she is blindly obsessed with this man.

The confession episode was very good.. very nicely executed .. showing the two confessions.. that scene was really good.. BUT.. Adnans reaction was hash ! REALLY HARSH.. the way he just threw that file on her.. main bhi darr gayi😳Araam se bhai sahab ! n that was it.. he acted like a typical man.. there too it was proved that he indeed is a weak man.. instead of asking her calmly.. he just threw it on her face.. according to him they loved each other.. n they knew each other.. so how can he even think k USS NE bewafayi ki ? I know he was shocked upset n all but still.. Iss tarah k bandey ko koi kaise sach bata sakta hai jo uss time Ashi k sath huaAshi is wiser between the two... I hope they just stick to some solid decision n don't focus on throwing her out of the house or something .. please🤔

This show has a great cast... everyone is brilliant in their respective roles.. Saba, Mikaal, Zahid especially these three as they have scenes the most .. n poora utarte hain.. I also like Kiran Haq here..

Regarding the script and the storyline.. I am still trying to get where it is going actually. Like its for the first time we are seeing two sides of the coin.. Victim n Culprit dono ki lives.. I won't say Its not good.. its fine.. but the only thing I want to know is the motive.
Going by the title of this show Sangat.. its the little girl.. its nothing like what I expected.. I thought title would be something according to their relation or stuff.. but Sangat being their daughter's name leaves so many questions in mind.. I wonder if the real story hasn't even started yet ? Cuz for me now, its the story about that little girl.. about her life.. maybe.. the victim's life ? how she will be accepted by her family.. etc.. I think there is so much more to be revealed in the show in the upcoming episodes.. so before giving any final conclusions on this show or its story.. I will probably wait for the show to end and THEN will think about it..

I am done.. hoping to get time to watch the future episodes😆.

thanks again for the UNBIASED review this thread is so much in shortage of

HATS OFF HOW U SUMMED THE WHOLE SHOW UP SO BEAUTIFULLY

thanks a lot for not looking too much in it that u write that also thats not being shown on the show

I luved how simply u covered everything

Have been waiting to read such reviews which will highlight both aspects of the show and dont draw conclusion on every epi as if its the last epi n forget there r many more epis to come

THE PREDICTION U MADE ABOUT SANGAT BEING THE FOCUS n linking all characters in future by unavoidable circumstances is exactly what they will show next but with twists n turns n DIFFERENTLY as we hv seen even todays epi as well ...i wasn't expecting what they showed today

People were bashing the show again based on the precap that why does ashi has a scene with shavez at the hospital but after the original epi aired everyone went bonkers over that ASHI SHAVEZ hospital scene only

Lmao

I m luving it

@Abby - I don't remain silent because of some fear that it will lead to an argument but because I would actually like to be able to counter if a discussion does arise. Disagreement doesn't always equate an argument but it certainly could lead to a healthy discussion and I'd prefer to be around for that ;)

To be honest, I do see the POV of those that think the rapist is being portrayed as a hero. But, I personally find those reviews very one-sided as any evidence to the contrary is completely neglected. You can't just comment on all the scenes that paint him in a positive light whilst completely neglecting the dialogues and scenes that clearly indicate there is nothing heroic about him - today's episode offered plenty of this through Aashi's confrontation - the dialogues about izzat, jahaan marzi jaa kar maro, galaazat, EVERYTHING pointed to the disgust with which his actions should be viewed. From the perspective of the rapist, the self-loathing and internal torment is interesting to watch. I do wish the same unique approach could extend to the victim side - her support system is a disaster but at least we got to see a strong Aashi today.

It's definitely a show that needs to be watched with an open mind. You can't just decide that this is what they're trying to show and then look for evidence to support that in every episode. A lot of reviewers seem to have made up their mind in the first episode itself and every week is just building upon that same argument without letting the new revelations influence their initial interpretation - what's the point of even watching the show when the plot development does not allow your opinions to evolve? To be very frank, I have no clue exactly what message I'm supposed to take away from it so I basically take it one episode at a time and hope for the best. I could be completely misinterpreting it or it can go in the completely wrong direction...but that's not an assumption that I can make halfway through the show.

And I'll try and be more active :) I do try to tweet about my favorite scenes but 140 characters just isn't enough to counter the comments that usually follow.

I do feel inclined to comment here more often since everyone here seems to understand the difference between appreciating an actor versus supporting a character. Also, because everyone in this thread is actually watching the show and not just commenting on the basis of hearsay.
Originally posted by xSaiyaara

Ayesha's mom 😆
Oh they barely mention her name lol