Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Society is not sensitive to most woman worthy causes and issues. Her mom's point was that what has happened is not going to change but future should not be ruined because of this. Men in a generalize term are more self absorbed when comes to social situations and not so forgiving. Mom is not telling her to feel good,bad,or ugly just trying to protect marriage and stigma. Right or wrong at times but she is actually trying to shield her daughter from future torture the best way she knows. 
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: cimba

Society is not sensitive to most woman worthy causes and issues. Her mom's point was that what has happened is not going to change but future should not be ruined because of this. Men in a generalize term are more self absorbed when comes to social situations and not so forgiving. Mom is not telling her to feel good,bad,or ugly just trying to protect marriage and stigma. Right or wrong at times but she is actually trying to shield her daughter from future torture the best way she knows. 

FINALLY SOMEONE SPOKE OUT WHAT I WANTED TO SAY ALL THIS TIME 

why is everyone blaming the mom 

She was just trying her best to stay strong herself and mk Saba come bk to real life and in our society the best way is to forget it and move on 

The mom was just trying to shield the daughter from future humiliation 

How can that make her a bad mom 

In our society gals don't shout from rooftops that I got raped 

And mikaal was also trying to bring her to normal 

But here people are blaming mikaal for being a jerk hubby which also i dont understand 

He doesn't hv telepathy power that he 'll understand she got raped 
starstruckk thumbnail
It's better to live alone than with a man who's too selfish to understand what you've been through because of his own huge ego.

The problem with our society is  exactly ..."log kya kahenge?" If we can just all man up and stand up for ourselves..and not give a rat's ass about what society (be it your own husband for that matter) has to say when it comes to such important issues..then we'd all live in a better place. Your husband, in laws etc aren't worth your time if they're not going to be with you during your time in need. Ayesha's mother is the typical mother..and I personally don't like how she's been written thus far.  Self torture is being bottled up, not saying a word..that's self inflicting pain and trouble on yourself and no one deserves that. Your own existence and peace of mind is more important than your husband, partner, wife, in laws, whatever.
Edited by starstruckk - 8 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As long as she does not fall in love with or ends up getting married to her rapist. *Shudder*
-shabz- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
^ I agree, husbands sirf khushiyon Kay sathi nahi, if their love ends because you were a victim of a violent crime, then it's better to be alone.
MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: Meeph

But if you see from a mother's point of view, she is just trying to protect her daughter. She thinks that if the husband doesn't find this out, atleast she will be 'happy' with her husband. By no means it is the right thing to do, but thats how things are in our culture and its just being highlighted here but i am sure she will tell her husband.

Yaar yahi to baat hai humara culture hamesha victim ko hi gunnehgaar samajhta hai. I wish at least in dramas they conveyed that this is the wrong approach. I mean uske saath zabardasti hui hai, how can she lose her dignity when its not even her fault?
MochaQueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: 26javey

"I was fifteen and sexually ignorant, inexperienced. I was assaulted by a cousin - pushed and dragged around, manhandled and molested for over six hours. I cried for an hour when it was over and left in a corner to compose myself, to let it sink in. And then I just didn't cry. I couldn't cry. I told my mother and initially, she didn't believe me and later on, she told me to never talk about it.

I felt confused, ashamed and misunderstood. I don't know what I wanted, whether it was a recognition that something bad had happened and it was going to change me forever. That I was to make my peace with never being able to indict the perpetrator. That this is just the way society is - unflinching in its values without room for emotional healing. I started abusing drugs and redefined my life with ruination. Numbed myself, functioned for years but I was tormented, deeply so. I went to a rehab and got clean and was counseled for my affliction. I came back with the label of being a psychopath. I was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Just another stigma to add to sexual abuse and rehab. However, I was told that it was not society's fault for the way it is - not that it was wrong of my family to handle the issue the way they did - not that there was poetic justice. Because this is how it is, there is no poetic justice. I'm still at a fail to understand whether I will find solace. It doesn't get better, they lie. There is only foreboding."

You guys should definitely check out this page. 

I know Sangat is different in terms of age but rape is rape. And it alters the victim regardless of their age. 

woah 6 hours is crazy O.o
There was actually a girl in my class who was a victim of cousin rape and got pregnant at the age of 15! So this doesnt just happen in Pakistan
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

As long as she does not fall in love with or ends up getting married to her rapist. *Shudder*

God forbid! ðŸ¤¢

That would be the most disgusting twist ever! 
mary78613 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Oh god! 15 years! 
All these sexual abuse posts makes me shudder. 
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
New promo is out
Really looking forward to the Epi now