Pakistani Serials

Sangat (HumTv) - Mikaal, Saba Qamar, Zahid Ahmed - Page 36

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I agree with Shabz and Star. Rape is such a delicate and serious subject and to show the victim falling for the rapist is one of the most horrific things they can show. The rapist not only took her diginty, he took her sanity. He is the reason she'll become a shell or unstable. He is the reason for her PTSD. And he should be punished. I've read a few victim stories/articles where the victim was raped by someone they've known their whole life and they could do nothing about it. I really hope that's not the case. A crime like rape should never be unpunished. And to romanticize that is disturbing.  Edited by 26javey - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: starstruckk

@bold: I agree. I hope that doesn't happen.

Another thing is that Saba's character knows Zahid's character already. He has always loved her apparently since childhood..but Saba's character never loved him back. (Alvida anyone? 😆)

If she already knows him it'll probably be even harder for her to speak up. Cases like this usually remain hidden. 

And quite an Alvida backstory ðŸ˜†
Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The show definitely had a solid start. And as abby said the dialogs and the screenplay was very smooth.
Rape is a voilent act and the culprit should definitely be punished. If they show the other track (victim falling for rapist) it would promote wrong things. Edited by Usman. - 8 years ago
grey23 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: starstruckk

Try this (sorry on my phone lol):

https://youtu.be/av3fFMholBs

thanks star ðŸ˜Š
iSakeena thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Abi toh ye sirf first epi tha..had se zyada sochna band karo and wait next epi lol and i agree with shabz post n prv pg ..

Bta i got strong feelings that maybe only shavez will stand with her ..adnan bhi etna masoom nahi hai kuch na kuch twist zaror hai,lets see kya hota hai .. Hope thy wont disappoint us !!Edited by iSakeena - 8 years ago
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
As far as Pilots go, this show definitely had a very strong one. We got characters and relationships established, plus the whole mystery angle is there as well to keep the interest going on. I am definitely curious about what happens next. Aashi has such a lively character and her rapport with all the people around her is so lovely. Though her mother-in-law irritated me.

"Mard mein aib nahin hota."

That made me wanted to hurl something at her. I understand it's a very realistic dialogue but urgh. It just doesn't stop irritating me. I am glad Aashi wasn't shown as the typical Allay Miyan Ki Gaye and she did snap when things started to get out of hand and told her MIL the truth about her and Adnan having no kids. Kinda on the fence about Adnan though. The conspiracy theorist in me says he has some hand in the incident that happened xD But oh well..

The controversial "rape" scene was shot brilliantly. The violence and the cruelty of it was somewhat muted by the slow-mo frames but it also increased the impact of the horror. The music in the BG covered all sounds of struggle by and dominance of the victim and culprit respectively, but the echoes of destruction were left free to sound. I specially loved that transition when the camera is panned on Aashi's face and Saba Qamar has the look of absolute horror shown perfectly and then Shavez throws that duppatta and we get the immediate transition of clothes being thrown out of the cupboard as Aashi's mother is shown shivering in fear. Brilliant. What happened next to Aashi was left to our imagination but it was made sure that our imagination pointed to the right direction. Though I watched the episode alone late at night, it didn't have anything in it which one necessarily can't see with family. But then again, I could be wrong as sentiments of Pakistani people are very unpredictable :P
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with you girls.. I'd love to see Aisha taking a stand for herself and reporting Shavez.. She's seen his face and she knows him that should be enough. Its about time we get to see a rape story where the rape victim stands strong.

As much as I love Zahid I hate his character.. A rapist should never be let off.. Rape is a serious crime and he should he punished
-MitwaIshqPe- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

Saba looks really pretty in this show, I love her hairstyle!

OMGGG my mum is so funny she thought Zahid and Saba were fighting or something 🤣

Lol! My mum officially hates Zahid well she still calls him Rameez.. She says he is always playing the villain.. 😆 I was like mum did you not watch Jugnu.. He was anything but a villain there 😳
grey23 thumbnail
wow The first epi was brilliant...so engaging...honestly I was not expecting that the 1st epi will be this much good..what a start!! loved all the characters..,saba and meekal look so good together...I can not believe that the rape scene happened in the 1st epi itself!! i cant wait for the next epi...zahid was brilliant in last scene..it was clear he came with the intention of rape only...what is the back story?? looking forward to see how the story unfolds..just hope it does not turn out like chup raho where the rape victim could not fight against the rapist ang gave a very wrong msg..Edited by grey23 - 8 years ago
grey23 thumbnail
why is everyone speculating that saba will fall for zahid? is there any hint given by promos?