|firefliesHaven|MaNan AT#113|'Matlab...Following The Right Parth' - Page 54

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by 13thwish

LOL all this EBing works only with me cuz I fall for it. Every.single.time.🤔 BI's tough love on te other hand, sorts you out good😆

Kay.. let's aside the what ifs and could-have-beens.. so given that the flip didn't happen, this kidnapping track really was our best bet.. especially cuz it amplied Nandu's trauma and made it glaringly visible to the TRP audience and kinda sold them on her pain.. until then, most were hardly willing to even consider her as a victim.. they never would've empathized with her struggle without all this OTT drama.. so in that way, I'm looking at it as a necessary evil😕

Nandu's strength has always been an internal/mental thing and although the punches are lauded as IT moments by the viewers cuz they are visible depictions of it, these are not the defining moments for MaNan..
More than punch, it was that ManBir pool scene where Manik is sure she will return for her pen, inspite of knowing nothing about her, this was his first acknowledgement of her fighting spirit.. or all of the break times, when he has thrown down the gauntlet, knowing that she can never resist a challenge.. his moments of pride in her like when she stood up for Navya or when she faced down Nyo, this is her true "strength".. never letting circumstances get the better of her, never giving up on people or things.. Manik knows this so he stopped enabling her and pushed her to fight back instead.. just to remind her that if she doesn't give up on others then she owes herself the same courtesy too😳

Anyway, now that they have touched upon the issue of physical intimacy with MaNan I hope they continue to explore it even post Nandu's recovery.. cuz this is not just about the touch thing being corrupted by Pandit for her, but also I want to see her grow more confident in this aspect of their relationship.. so far, she has always followed Manik's lead on this point but I'd like to see her take a more active role in the future.. and by this I don't mean initiate intimacy, I mean voice her thoughts and fears on the subject.. her own perspective of it.. she has always shied away from actually talking about it even in the past, during the premarital sex debate.. I want to see her evolve as a woman here too.. this could also be like the next level for MaNan.. they are pretty much set on the emotional intimacy front.. I want to see them apply their communication skills and understanding of each other to tackle this issue too.. it is a factor all established/committed couples deal with at some point anyway.. I want the CVs to handle this just as realistically as all the previous stages of MaNan's growth in a relationship have been so far..

This works because I be your soulmate and you love me too much to buy my Smurfy face. 
While Boxter, just doesn't care , she would rather feed me green slime for life than give me a drop of sugar. ðŸ˜†

See this is what I missed , us talking about the show , not like fangirling stuff but the essay stuff. ðŸ˜³

Word with everything you wrote about Nandu's internal strength , the punches,slap is all so symbolic for me like the ILU of that night. They register and make tangibles but it's the sub-text like the ILU from yesterday or Manik's TLC and Nandu reciprocating it , all that makes their story so beautiful .Perhaps this is why I liked how their I love you was not a high point but an already understood , acknowledged emotion.

Also on her strength, just the way she yesterday drew the last shred of courage and held his pinky, that is her strength . Or the way she rushes to help Navya even now when she is surrounded by her own fears- thats her strength.Earlier there was a scene from her spot days when he asked her if she was enjoying herself as a spot or something, she very nocturnally said , she was fine- it was all innocent but it spoke of her strength too, making best of what was thrown at her. Finding positives in her negatives. 

We see it playing against Manik only because he like us gets her and her MO. He has our eyes for Nandu. He appreciates it and is not trying to break it. While others don't see the struggle but the symbolism . Which is why perhaps the kidnapping drama was needed, to create that very visible fear of Nandu. Sigh. 

Ah nice, Nandu talking about intimacy, sex and stuff, could be pretty progressive for the show. Even a after-coitus talk be interesting for someone like Nandini. Can they do that with her sharing it with Chachi too as well?

I don't know if they can maintain the communication flow. I was told by someone wise, that no story sell without a conflict especially a love story, if ever they will again disturb the balance, it will play at communication only. Because if they talk, MaNan are at a stage where they will get everything and sort it without any problem. 

Originally posted by -KP-

@Genie: Agree, Alya doesn't really need a serious relationship right now. She has a lot going on at this point - eating disorder, Dhruv and now Harshad is back too. Flirting is good for health - so Aryamaan can maybe help her out there. Lol but nothing serious; let it be more on the fun side.

About Dhruv, I just don't know how they are going to redeem him. At this point, like you said, his jealousy is not even really coming across. He seems like a douchebag; plus it makes me wonder as an audience whether Dhruv had any real feelings for Alya or not? I think you are right - at this point, dhrulya need to have atleast one conversation where they talk about things. I am so lost about where Dhruv stands in all this. What are his thoughts? Feelings? Remorse? More dialogues for him would help!!

See they should give Uttu dialogues , he cannot emote well, so atleast with words audience gets something to hold on to him. They need a convo-Dhrulya not for getting back together but for personal growth. It's like again Dhruv is jumping guns and assuming . 

If you ask me , Dhrulya fell hard and fast because of their old perception of each other, they made a nice little bubble. Thing is Dhruv never had an idea of his own vulnerabilities , so I don;t know how real both of them were to each other at that point. So now they need a proper clean cut and start their friendship again. No pressure of relationship, dating and stuff. Something like MaNan did after NYE, it gave them lot of nuance, space to grow as a unit and to know each other better. 
So since people are touching on physical intimacy of MaNan's relationship, I want to say this before I forget, but I would really like CVs to actually keep the physical intimacy going throughout the course of their relationship. In a lot of movies/shows, we see a couple getting intimate once and then that's it. They are done. Everyone knows that's not how relationships work, it's not a one time deal. I would love it if CVs can show that here. It doesn't have to be onscreen, but sublte references to last night, etc, would help.
Again this is still a pretty sensitive topic out there, so I don't know if it's quite possible, but would love to see them take this on.Edited by -KP- - 8 years ago

So since people are touching on physical intimacy of MaNan's relationship, I want to say this before I forget, but I would really like CVs to actually know keep the physical intimacy going throughout the course of their relationship. In a lot of movies/shows, we see a couple getting intimate once and then that's it. They are done. Everyone knows that's not how relationships work, it's not a one time deal. I would love it if CVs can show that here. It doesn't have to be onscreen, but sublte references to last night, etc, would help.
Again this is still a pretty sensitive topic out there, so I don't know if it's quite possible, but would love to see them take this on.

+100000

Even a mention , innuendos of their active sex life would do a lot of good. It shouldn't just be about deflowering the firefly but about love making be part of their equation. Just a mention of it , subtle would do . 
Genie - Exactly! Also KY2 is so good at innuendos, so I have hope...lol :)
@Genie: Ughhh fine fine, exploit me with your DQness, cheese factory.. I'm a sucker apparently
This. I love that MaNan's story is never ever high point dependent.. it is a continuously evolving story where every chapter is just as important. They progress everyday with every interaction.. 

Yes but coitus in itself is such a big step for someone like Nandini Murthy, I want it to get the build up it deserves.. I don't want the balance skewed once again in Manik's favor where he seduces her with his words and his actions and she follows in his wake like a moth drawn to flame..  Nope I want their intimacy, however and whenever it happens to be a conscious, well thought out and discussed and mutual decision.. not as a 'reaction' to anything.. Now that we are finally being granted Nandu's view of things, can we continue the trend to every aspect of their relationship and finally maintain some of that long awaited writing balance..

As for conflict, this could play out as one too cuz they have very diverse ways of looking at this subject and would be interesting to watch them struggle to find middle ground with all of this.. also, the externals will always be there because they are linked to every character and by extension their problems.. also, MaNan's own savior complex will play out at every stage.. they will want to prioritize each other in theory but trying to balance it out practically will be a challenge in itself.. They have clashing personalities, Manik's possessiveness, Nandu's career dilemma all of these will eventually impact their equation too..
Communication alone is not enough.. Patience, compromise and even maturity is needed to survive life.. and MaNan are both deeply flawed, just cuz their love for each other is 'perfect' it won't give them a free pass from any of these scenarios.. they will struggle at each point.. all of us do, regardless of age and experience.. MaNan toh are still babes in the woods😆

And with that I'm out for the night.. trying to work towards that 'human' hours thing🥱
@13th - Go Sleep and I love you beyond because even though you instruct Box to curtail my OCD , you be enabling it coz I asked you so. ðŸ¤—
MaNan in isolation for most parts have been spot on. It really is an evolution , it's running that across  them as individuals where the balance was tilted towards Manik as he had tangibles established since day 1.

Interesting take on the pre-coitus  build-up. I won't say you should hold much hope there, because all this is leading up to that . Having a conversation will again- wise choice in real world but won't sell. I would live with small mercies, if it's not some grief sax and Nandu initiates it by talking about how confident she is and how she wants it- at that moment, just one small convo be enough.  They can always play the consequence of it and the significance later through her talking about it to Chachi ( not sex but relationship) or even Navya. Even Manik. Just to have us hear her views about it which has been denied since that  sex talk thing she started back then. 

See as long as the externals be from the old guard or the already established dynamics - that  can be handled because we know the backstory. but the someone totally un-involved stirring the shit with them will be hard pill to swallow again. It's never about the togetherness but how they handle, because like we both know the story trope is they cannot be away especially now. I would rather the conflict be super internal, as that makes it more beautiful and I hope they play both sides then. 

These days I just love stalking the AT. 
"Ab itne saare reasons de diye toh sirf friend thodi na ho sakti hai...kuch aur hi hogi na" - so confident; loved the smile MaNan shared at the end. 
My favorite bit in today's episode was last scene between Manik and Chacha; lol Chachaji was so clueless and naive - but just loved the way he interacted with Manik - agreeing with Manik and not even realizing that Manik was pretty much telling Nandini about all the things that makes her so special.  

Slap scene will be my favorite MaNan scene in KYY from now on. ðŸ˜†
PaNi - take a bow; you guys are awesome! 

"Ab itne saare reasons de diye toh sirf friend thodi na ho sakti hai...kuch aur hi hogi na" - so confident; loved the smile MaNan shared at the end. 
My favorite bit in today's episode was last scene between Manik and Chacha; lol Chachaji was so clueless and naive - but just loved the way he interacted with Manik - agreeing with Manik and not even realizing that Manik was pretty much telling Nandini about all the things that makes her so special.  

Slap scene will be my favorite MaNan scene in KYY from now on. ðŸ˜†
PaNi - take a bow; you guys are awesome! 

manik is so daring ... Didn't hesitate to say it openly...