Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August - Page 4

Posted: 8 years ago
I don't want Arjun either. He will ruin the movie.
Originally posted by Shutter_Island

Yeah that new HOD of Balaji has almost confirmed VD being in Half Girlfriend on twitter πŸ˜† Honestly I read the book its quite lame + too lengthy for screen adaptation...But I am pinning my hopes on Kekta she's a smart cookie will definitely make necessary script changes & commercialize accordingly..so let's see
On the other hand I have no hopes from Intouchables remake πŸ˜† the film is too good & pure to be remade by Suri+helmed by Kjo...last I read sid was the other lead no..

Yeah here's hoping Ekta gives it the right treatment...going to keep my expectations low and just hope for the best! Agree god knows what intouchables in the hands of kjo and mohit will turn into...in mohit's called it a romantic comedy? πŸ˜† 
Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

πŸ˜’  I wanted Sid as Driss, but if they are starting in August then it won't happen. BOO!!!

If Alia is in this movie and the other lead goes to Varun I will be mega pissed. I have been wanting Sid and Alia in a Mohit Suri film since I saw Ek Villain.  The girl won't have much to do in this film so I would be shocked if Alia takes it after all the smart choices she's made.  But she really wants to work with Mohit so who knows.  But I am looking forward to this film so I really hope the other lead is not Varun or Arjun.  

I think you can rule out Varun for this film...he was asked about it late last year and he gave a vague answer and kind of hinted he wasn't doing it...for everybody's sakes it better not go to arjun
Originally posted by swati82

Yeah here's hoping Ekta gives it the right treatment...going to keep my expectations low and just hope for the best! Agree god knows what intouchables in the hands of kjo and mohit will turn into...in mohit's called it a romantic comedy? πŸ˜† 

Yeah, I was shocked as well. And to top it he called it a remake.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

So, either he got the wrong words out cuz he was fumbling with words way too much in that video.
Or the movie has nothing to do with the intouchables. Because if they make a romantic comedy that is not even in the same galaxy as the said movie.

Both are good things I suppose. But whatever might be the case; this movie is bound to turn out a hundred times better that whatever Ekta will come up with. At her best she is going to ruin the book and that is saying a lot considering the state it is already in.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And if they actually follow the orignal (as a remake does); intouchables could be very good.
Originally posted by swati82

I think you can rule out Varun for this film...he was asked about it late last year and he gave a vague answer and kind of hinted he wasn't doing it...for everybody's sakes it better not go to arjun

Lets hope so. He is the last person I would cast in this one. Perfect way to ruin what could be a very good movie.
@Arsal, I think Philip's romantic interest doesn't show up till the very end.  But there is another girl who is his secretary/assistant.  That's a pretty small role too.  I haven't seen the original but from the synopsis it sounds like a great film and it's all about Driss and Philip's friendship.  However, Mohit did describe his version an uplifting comedy so who knows.

@Swati, I hope you are right about Varun.  No offense I know you like him. But I don't want him in this one lol.

And yes, let's all pray to the Gods of casting that Arjun doesn't take this up.  Though it sounds like he's not really up for two hero roles.  Rumor was that he was offered K&S too with Sid and Alia but didn't take it.  

Originally posted by IAmLuvBolly

@Arsal, I think Philip's romantic interest doesn't show up till the very end.  But there is another girl who is his secretary/assistant.  That's a pretty small role too.  I haven't seen the original but from the synopsis it sounds like a great film and it's all about Driss and Philip's friendship.  However, Mohit did describe his version an uplifting comedy so who knows.

@Swati, I hope you are right about Varun.  No offense I know you like him. But I don't want him in this one lol.

And yes, let's all pray to the Gods of casting that Arjun doesn't take this up.  Though it sounds like he's not really up for two hero roles.  Rumor was that he was offered K&S too with Sid and Alia but didn't take it.  

That is such a blatant lie. Sounds like his PR in over-drive.

Arjun is sitting jobless at home. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†At this point he would take up anything much less reject a Dharama movie.
a gut feeling that Ark n Sid are doing a project together .. due tod their multiple public appearences

It's Called Kal Jisne Dekha?

by Soumita Sengupta (May 16, 2015)

Excel Entertainment will be launching Nitya Mehra, who has been an assistant director to Farhan Akhtar on movies like Lakshya andDon. Mehra is all set to make her debut as a director and has signed Sidharth Malhotra and Katrina Kaif to play the lead. We hear that the film is now titled Kal Jisne Dekha.

We also hear that the film was to start rolling by mid-June but might get postponed to the end of the year or early next year. Reason: Katrina Kaif's Jagga Jasoos shoot has been postponed to June-July and Siddharth Malhotra is currently shooting for Shakun Batra's next.

Hmmm maybe Sid will be available in August after all. I hope so I hope so!!!

Gosh! just nooo

no more postponement for the Excel movie..

its the only movie after Brothers among Sid's lineup that sounds appealing to his loyal fans.Not any of us giving a damn to other multi starrer projects at this point.It better start from this year end as conformed by Kat and Sid.Reshoot of JJ wont demand much of Kat's schedule as Ranbir is the one having a major role there.I am sure Kat wont delay Excel project as she seems genuinely excited.Sid said K&S is a small film so they will wrap up its shoot very soon.So Excel movie better be on floor by mid November atleast.A solo lead for Sid after what it seems like EONS.