Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August (Page 14)

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Yeah man! We are told what is working and will work here in India. And if things dont go as predicted how we dont have the smartness to appreciate the right stuff.
PZ is a different case as in her drug problems...but similarity is lack of focus.

Lol I know, it's super annoying. Everyone knows everything about Indian stars except for us. The reaction to BV debacle was a testimony to the fact. Every single one, from "stupid Indian audience" to "biased reviewers" are blamed instead of placing the blame where it belongs. Your main couple fail to bring to people to the theatre on the first day, so it's clearly the fault of the audience, the director etc.
LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

TheRager

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl

Originally posted by -Arsal-

That is not an argument at all.

Kohli is way bigger than anything or anyone BW. The whole country knows him while same cannot be said of the BW stars( Anushka's gen I mean). So obviously he will make the headlines more. Do you think Deepika or anyone else would be in the news more had they been in place of Anushka??

So now if TWMR does well, Kangana will steal DP's thunder too??

Lastly if her relationship with Kohli helped NH10, then cant the same be said for every other actress at present. Deepika with Ranveer and Ranbir, not to mention her infamous video etc.??

And no Anushka is not a Mega Star. She is far from it. But yeah she is at the top. And others can exist at the top along with her.

Tou maine kab kaha ki relationships don't help popularity? I was the one who said it. Deepika benefited from Ranbir and Ranbir from Deepika while Ranveer fared better as Deepika's boyfriend because she was more popular than him. You were the one who was saying relationships do not maketh a star etc. Lol of course not but it gets press and buzz is important in the industry. Very few films like DLKH, Piku, Queen do well with no immediate relationship/controversy/other nonsense press.
Lmao I mentioned Kangana is poised to steal both Anushka's non-existent thunder and Deepika's whatever thunder. Why the selective reading? 
LOL
Lol okay she is. It's just I don't think so. I don't think she is a bankable/popular female star yet and like I said, I obviously know better about India than you do so okay. Alia is more popular than her at the moment. But anyway, like I said, it's clearly an opinion because it's certainly not a fact yet. You can call her one of the more popular female stars on the level of Alia, Kangana, etc. She is no Deepika, Priyanka, Katrina. 

Yes, she isnt on the level of DP and Kat.  The have been doing better than her for a long while now.
Two good movies wont get her into their leagues.

She is doing good movies, signing projects with the biggest of directors and doing very well at the BO as well. That makes her a top star in my view. Its hwo things work around the world. If you differ, then well I respect your opinion and lets drop it there.

And being in India so so know more. Again that is no argument at all. I am from India as well and have family there. So, obviously not as cut off as you think. Even if I was still that doesn't make for a convincing point.

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Nothing succeeds like success honestly. A 100cr superhit film where you have a prominent role >>> 5 20cr films with great directors. 

Arjun Kapoor and the likes disagree.

A hit and a quality movie is the best scenario imo. Badlapur has done way more for Varun's career than any movie has ever done till now and by the looks of it it will remain so for a while.

But then Badlapur was a BO hit. SSR's 20 cr flop DBB did nothing for him.
Arjun honestly should have never gotten a chance in front of the cameras.

That's what I said.

A hit and a quality movie is far better that anything else. It can be a hit of 30 crores or 300.

Edited by -Arsal- - 16 May 2015 at 11:56am
-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:58am | IP Logged

Yeah man! We are told what is working and will work here in India. And if things dont go as predicted how we dont have the smartness to appreciate the right stuff.
PZ is a different case as in her drug problems...but similarity is lack of focus.

Lol I know, it's super annoying. Everyone knows everything about Indian stars except for us. The reaction to BV debacle was a testimony to the fact. Every single one, from "stupid Indian audience" to "biased reviewers" are blamed instead of placing the blame where it belongs. Your main couple fail to bring to people to the theatre on the first day, so it's clearly the fault of the audience, the director etc.
LOL

I haven't seen anyone blame the audience.

It has been Ranbir and Anurag.

Piyatrix

Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
^^ Which good project btw? Other than ADHM? Just asking out of interest. She had fantastic projects on paper a year back, stuff which should've made her a super star already so my point was only that. Sorry, it got lost in translation lol.
No, I mean people like Richa Chadda, various industry people, quite a few people on the review thread etc. Ranbir and Anushka should be blamed for the opening while Kashyap should be blamed for a bad film but it's like Kashyap and the audience are mostly getting the blame.
Anyway, this thread is so off topic lol.

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Why is no one talking about Balki's film? Arjun is suppose to be in it LOL btw Arjun was good in Ishaqzaade and watchable in  aurangzeb.
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

Nothing succeeds like success honestly. A 100cr superhit film where you have a prominent role >>> 5 20cr films with great directors. 

Arjun Kapoor and the likes disagree.

A hit and a quality movie is the best scenario imo. Badlapur has done way more for Varun's career than any movie has ever done till now and by the looks of it it will remain so for a while.

But then Badlapur was a BO hit. SSR's 20 cr flop DBB did nothing for him.
Arjun honestly should have never gotten a chance in front of the cameras.

That's what I said.

A hit and a quality movie is far better that anything else. It can be a hit of 30 crores or 300.

Basically a hit movie where the actor also gets some credit. Like DP benefited from CE while Katrina didnt benefit from D3. In case of Arjun's 100cr movie he was the weakest thing about it.

Star_girl

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

^^ Which good project btw? Other than ADHM? Just asking out of interest. She had fantastic projects on paper a year back, stuff which should've made her a super star already so my point was only that. Sorry, it got lost in translation lol.
No, I mean people like Richa Chadda, various industry people, quite a few people on the review thread etc. Ranbir and Anushka should be blamed for the opening while Kashyap should be blamed for a bad film but it's like Kashyap and the audience are mostly getting the blame.
Anyway, this thread is so off topic lol.

I have already said she is no superstar and not in the leagues of DP, Kat.

@Bold That what I wanted to say. Anurag, Hirani, Zoya, Karan and then rumored to be doing a YRF movie opposite Salman (no chance nowLOL). That is as good at it gets and obviously shows that she is in demand and at the top. Plus she has had success at BO and critically as well.

Go to top