Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August (Page 11)

rogerrocks IF-Stunnerz
rogerrocks
rogerrocks

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl

^^ Ranjini, Anushka ka wohi hain. No big budget, seemingly perfect films seem to help her career. A small project like BBB with a debutant, unknown hero gave her push she needed and now NH10, another seemingly flop project gave her credibility. She should start lobbying for good smaller directors like Shoojit, Vikas etc. Even though I think she is annoyingly overrated here and has zero versatility, she is still better than quite a few lol.
Varun is crazy smart. ABCD2 will be a superhit, tum dekhna. 

Haha NC said it'l make 150 crores..Lets see if she is right..Cos if it does, then Varun has Dilwale which will again make atleast 200 crores..Which is well WOW LOL

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Arsal-

But Anushka is at the top.

Her last three movies are NH10, PK and BV. One is an ATBB, other is a hit and third is heading for disaster. It is a very solid performance.
The only movie where she had to bring in the audiences, she did. To make it even more hard; it was an A rated thriller.

Plus she was praised for her role in very movie. I have seen all three and IMO, she was really, really good.

It's only here I hear how Anushka is at the top lmao.
LOL She got some good press with her relationship but other than that, she is still nowhere near the top. I have heard very few people talking about her except in the context of her relationship and I do live in India lol. Her relationship has given her a good push so there's that.
I am sure she was good but she is hardly the top material yet, she has also been in the industry for seven years without making a solid mark so yeah. 

What do your consider to be the top??

For me it is BO success and critical acclaim with the sadi peron shwoing the ability to carry a movie single handedly.  Anushka has done all three;
PK is an ATBB.
She got critical acclaim for all three (PK, NH10, BV)
And she single handedly carried an A rated thriller to make it a hit. I would love to see anyone else try and pull off an NH10.

Press for your relationships and being is the news 24-7 doesn't make you a top star. It is your performance in the movies and at the BO that makes you so.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IAmLuvBollyPiyatrix

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogerrocks

^^ Ranjini, Anushka ka wohi hain. No big budget, seemingly perfect films seem to help her career. A small project like BBB with a debutant, unknown hero gave her push she needed and now NH10, another seemingly flop project gave her credibility. She should start lobbying for good smaller directors like Shoojit, Vikas etc. Even though I think she is annoyingly overrated here and has zero versatility, she is still better than quite a few lol.

Haha NC said it'l make 150 crores..Lets see if she is right..Cos if it does, then Varun has Dilwale which will again make atleast 200 crores..Which is well WOW LOL

150 is a bit too much.

But it will do a hundred crores by the looks of it. Looks a typical BW movie. The maa ka sapna dialoguesROFL, looks of melodrama drama, plenty of good stuffWink and chart buster music.

100 crores done.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rogerrocks

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:15am | IP Logged

150 is a bit too much.

But it will do a hundred crores by the looks of it. Looks a typical BW movie. The maa ka sapna dialoguesROFL, looks of melodrama drama, plenty of good stuffWink and chart buster music.

100 crores done.

Is predicting 100cr a habit with you? You did the same with DBB too. LOL

-Arsal-

TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged

But Anushka is at the top.

Her last three movies are NH10, PK and BV. One is an ATBB, other is a hit and third is heading for disaster. It is a very solid performance.
The only movie where she had to bring in the audiences, she did. To make it even more hard; it was an A rated thriller.

Plus she was praised for her role in very movie. I have seen all three and IMO, she was really, really good.

It's only here I hear how Anushka is at the top lmao.
LOL She got some good press with her relationship but other than that, she is still nowhere near the top. I have heard very few people talking about her except in the context of her relationship and I do live in India lol. Her relationship has given her a good push so there's that.
I am sure she was good but she is hardly the top material yet, she has also been in the industry for seven years without making a solid mark so yeah. 

Exactly! Its only on this forum Anushka is the best thing since sliced bread. No one cares much for in India. She is spoken only in context of Virat rather than her work. What little good press she got due to NH10 has been swept away already by DP with Kangana waiting in the wings.

Star_girl

-Arsal- IF-Dazzler
-Arsal-
-Arsal-

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

150 is a bit too much.

100 crores done.

Is predicting 100cr a habit with you? You did the same with DBB too. LOL

Seems so.LOLLOL

But at-least I am bringing it down. People are predicting 150.
Star_girl IF-Sizzlerz
Star_girl
Star_girl

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:21am | IP Logged

What do your consider to be the top??

For me it is BO success and critical acclaim with the sadi peron shwoing the ability to carry a movie single handedly.  Anushka has done all three;
PK is an ATBB.
She got critical acclaim for all three (PK, NH10, BV)
And she single handedly carried an A rated thriller to make it a hit. I would love to see anyone else try and pull off an NH10.

Press for your relationships and being is the news 24-7 doesn't make you a top star. It is your performance in the movies and at the BO that makes you so.

PK was hardly Anushka's success, let's not get carried away lol. It was sold as an Amir film in India and known as an Amir film here. When the religious debate happened, Amir and Hirani took the fall as well, so yeah. Being a major part of a Khan's ATBB does NOTHING for any heroine ever. Katrina and Kareena were associated with ATBBs too but yeah. 
NH10 is the only thing that helped her and technically it was not her best project on paper. It's face value and proper credibility from media. NH10 did great for her but Piku followed right after and stole the thunder. TWMR comes in a week and Kangana will probably take it even further. The fact is Anushka has never been at the top. She is not super popular in India, like a Deepika or Katrina and her recent popularity owes a lot to her relationship. 
One NH10 can't change the fact that she is not the top actress or whatever, even if people here seem to think so. It's more like a personal opinion in her case right now. 

Piyatrix IF-Sizzlerz
Piyatrix
Piyatrix

Posted: 16 May 2015 at 11:22am | IP Logged
@Roger: I agree like I said on paper. How these films will turn out only time will tell. Sometimes big movies fail and small innocuous ones race ahead case in point piku and bv LOL but we can always contemplate right? Sid's platter doesn't look bad at all. Yes they are 2 hero films but if his role is good and he performs well, he'll get the deserving credit. Whereas a bad solo film will dent him, atleast in a 2 hero film the blame can be shared and more often then the senior takes the blame. 
Varun is a industry kid his dad is a huge commercially successful director, he gets good advice from his dad and industry people whereas Sid's only adviser is Kjo. So Varun's choice of films will be better atleast commercially. However only time will tell who among these newcomers will have a long successful career. Luck also plays an imp factor. 

Ark is a mystery. Doesn't he consult Srk? Tbh I never thot highly of him but he has done well and enjoys good fanbase. 
Sushant is the outsider so his chances are limited. Hope the dinoo vijan film works out.

rogerrocks

Go to top