Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August - Page 9

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Star_girl

It's only here I hear how Anushka is at the top lmao.
😆 She got some good press with her relationship but other than that, she is still nowhere near the top. I have heard very few people talking about her except in the context of her relationship and I do live in India lol. Her relationship has given her a good push so there's that.
I am sure she was good but she is hardly the top material yet, she has also been in the industry for seven years without making a solid mark so yeah. 

What do your consider to be the top??

For me it is BO success and critical acclaim with the sadi peron shwoing the ability to carry a movie single handedly.  Anushka has done all three;
PK is an ATBB.
She got critical acclaim for all three (PK, NH10, BV)
And she single handedly carried an A rated thriller to make it a hit. I would love to see anyone else try and pull off an NH10.

Press for your relationships and being is the news 24-7 doesn't make you a top star. It is your performance in the movies and at the BO that makes you so.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Haha NC said it'l make 150 crores..Lets see if she is right..Cos if it does, then Varun has Dilwale which will again make atleast 200 crores..Which is well WOW ðŸ˜†

150 is a bit too much.

But it will do a hundred crores by the looks of it. Looks a typical BW movie. The maa ka sapna dialogues🤣, looks of melodrama drama, plenty of good stuff😉 and chart buster music.

100 crores done.
Originally posted by -Arsal-

150 is a bit too much.

But it will do a hundred crores by the looks of it. Looks a typical BW movie. The maa ka sapna dialogues🤣, looks of melodrama drama, plenty of good stuff😉 and chart buster music.

100 crores done.

Is predicting 100cr a habit with you? You did the same with DBB too. 😆

It's only here I hear how Anushka is at the top lmao.
😆 She got some good press with her relationship but other than that, she is still nowhere near the top. I have heard very few people talking about her except in the context of her relationship and I do live in India lol. Her relationship has given her a good push so there's that.
I am sure she was good but she is hardly the top material yet, she has also been in the industry for seven years without making a solid mark so yeah. 

Exactly! Its only on this forum Anushka is the best thing since sliced bread. No one cares much for in India. She is spoken only in context of Virat rather than her work. What little good press she got due to NH10 has been swept away already by DP with Kangana waiting in the wings.
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Is predicting 100cr a habit with you? You did the same with DBB too. 😆

Seems so.😆😆

But at-least I am bringing it down. People are predicting 150.
Originally posted by -Arsal-

What do your consider to be the top??

For me it is BO success and critical acclaim with the sadi peron shwoing the ability to carry a movie single handedly.  Anushka has done all three;
PK is an ATBB.
She got critical acclaim for all three (PK, NH10, BV)
And she single handedly carried an A rated thriller to make it a hit. I would love to see anyone else try and pull off an NH10.

Press for your relationships and being is the news 24-7 doesn't make you a top star. It is your performance in the movies and at the BO that makes you so.

PK was hardly Anushka's success, let's not get carried away lol. It was sold as an Amir film in India and known as an Amir film here. When the religious debate happened, Amir and Hirani took the fall as well, so yeah. Being a major part of a Khan's ATBB does NOTHING for any heroine ever. Katrina and Kareena were associated with ATBBs too but yeah. 
NH10 is the only thing that helped her and technically it was not her best project on paper. It's face value and proper credibility from media. NH10 did great for her but Piku followed right after and stole the thunder. TWMR comes in a week and Kangana will probably take it even further. The fact is Anushka has never been at the top. She is not super popular in India, like a Deepika or Katrina and her recent popularity owes a lot to her relationship. 
One NH10 can't change the fact that she is not the top actress or whatever, even if people here seem to think so. It's more like a personal opinion in her case right now. 

@Roger: I agree like I said on paper. How these films will turn out only time will tell. Sometimes big movies fail and small innocuous ones race ahead case in point piku and bv ðŸ˜† but we can always contemplate right? Sid's platter doesn't look bad at all. Yes they are 2 hero films but if his role is good and he performs well, he'll get the deserving credit. Whereas a bad solo film will dent him, atleast in a 2 hero film the blame can be shared and more often then the senior takes the blame. 
Varun is a industry kid his dad is a huge commercially successful director, he gets good advice from his dad and industry people whereas Sid's only adviser is Kjo. So Varun's choice of films will be better atleast commercially. However only time will tell who among these newcomers will have a long successful career. Luck also plays an imp factor. 

Ark is a mystery. Doesn't he consult Srk? Tbh I never thot highly of him but he has done well and enjoys good fanbase. 
Sushant is the outsider so his chances are limited. Hope the dinoo vijan film works out.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

Na what i meant was she should have been the undisputed no.1 right now with the line up she had 2 years back..But in reality, DP is still no.1 despite not having a stellar line up on paper ( 2 years back i mean)..I was just intending to say that even if Varun's films look weak on paper, he might zoom ahead for all we know ðŸ˜†

I agree then.😆
Originally posted by .Hajmola.

Exactly! Its only on this forum Anushka is the best thing since sliced bread. No one cares much for in India. She is spoken only in context of Virat rather than her work. What little good press she got due to NH10 has been swept away already by DP with Kangana waiting in the wings.

Lol I know. It's only here I hear how Anushka is apparently this MEGA STAR. Whatever press she got recently was because of Virat and the opening of NH10 is a massive proof of this. Their relationship was all over before the release and people were super curious. I legit have never heard anyone talk about Anushka before Virat, not in my immediate circle at least. 
Exactly, NH10 did good for her but Piku stole her thunder in a major way given how Deepika is much bigger than her. It's only on IF I hear how Anushka is the top star etc while in real life, everyone is like who? Oh, Kohli's girlfriend?
😆 Also, it has been seven years since she's in the industry and I hear about how every year is going to be her year except it never happens lol. 

Lol I know. It's only here I hear how Anushka is apparently this MEGA STAR. Whatever press she got recently was because of Virat and the opening of NH10 is a massive proof of this. Their relationship was all over before the release and people were super curious. I legit have never heard anyone talk about Anushka before Virat, not in my immediate circle at least. 
Exactly, NH10 did good for her but Piku stole her thunder in a major way given how Deepika is much bigger than her. It's only on IF I hear how Anushka is the top star etc while in real life, everyone is like who? Oh, Kohli's girlfriend?
😆 Also, it has been seven years since she's in the industry and I hear about how every year is going to be her year except it never happens lol. 

Inspite of being this MEGA star on IF she has only one film signed up as a supporting role(?). 😆And hasnt seen been shooting for the past one year atleast. Only thing she has done is follow Virat around. She gives me strong Preity Zinta vibes. Will end up sacrificing her career too soon due to lack of focus.