Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August - Page 8

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by rogerrocks

I have kinda understood in the last few years that those actors who have really good projects on paper don exactly do well or take the industry by storm ðŸ˜†  For instance, 2 years back, Anu had the best line-up on paper..Yash Chopra's next, Vishal Bharadwaj's next, Hirani's next and Anurag Kashyap's next..Now thats as good as it can get..Literally the best directors in the industry & DP in comparison was nowhere.But look how things worked out & she zoomed ahead..Same with Varun..Post SOTY, i thought he had the weakest lineup..Even now i think his lineup is weak in comparison to say Sid or Sushant atleast on paper..But after MTH & Badlapur, am just not gonna judge any of his films..If ABCD2 manages to do well, then he is right up there..I think Varun has a very good strategy in place which may/ may not work but he has a good sense of what works & what doesn't & what will help his career in the long run..

Very true, what's appears good on paper doesn't always work and what doesn't appear good on paper sometimes works...it's impossible to predict 
As a Sid fan it gets really irritating to see he has so many multi leads and only one solo movie. As it is he is doing one movie per year...his last solo was HTP. I hope he is not in intouchables...Mohit can give get him a 100 cr but he needs something more than that at the moment. EV might have helped him...but 100 cr won't help in the long term na. For ones I would like to see him getting more screen time and also some credit for God's sake! Brothers will be a hit movie but will he get any credit for that? Akshay is a bigger star. If he will do so many movies when he is not even getting noticed..then it's pretty useless. Really pissed with his movies right now..I hope I am proved wrong.
Originally posted by rogerrocks

I have kinda understood in the last few years that those actors who have really good projects on paper don exactly do well or take the industry by storm ðŸ˜†  For instance, 2 years back, Anu had the best line-up on paper..Yash Chopra's next, Vishal Bharadwaj's next, Hirani's next and Anurag Kashyap's next..Now thats as good as it can get..Literally the best directors in the industry & DP in comparison was nowhere.But look how things worked out & she zoomed ahead..Same with Varun..Post SOTY, i thought he had the weakest lineup..Even now i think his lineup is weak in comparison to say Sid or Sushant atleast on paper..But after MTH & Badlapur, am just not gonna judge any of his films..If ABCD2 manages to do well, then he is right up there..I think Varun has a very good strategy in place which may/ may not work but he has a good sense of what works & what doesn't & what will help his career in the long run..

Lol exactly. I remember how every single one was claiming how 2013-2014 will be Anushka's year etc because she had fantastic projects on paper. Anushka will finally leave every competition behind etc but we all know how 2013 turned out even with those series of shitty films Deepika did and then Anushka had one PK and NH10 and 2015 was supposed to be HER year lol but even this time, Deepika raced ahead with a seemingly harmless Piku. Like who would expect an Anurag Kashyap, A Vishal Bharadwaj, A YRF etc films to do virtually nothing for her career?
So yeah, projects that sound amazing on paper may not be perfect in reality lol. Varun does have the weakest lineup but he is super smart IMHO and I am totally not underestimating him. He can very well overshadow SRK in Dilwale and move further ahead. ABCD2 is a definite hit IMHO. 
Originally posted by Star_girl

Lol exactly. I remember how every single one was claiming how 2013-2014 will be Anushka's year etc because she had fantastic projects on paper. Anushka will finally leave every competition behind etc but we all know how 2013 turned out even with those series of shitty films Deepika did and then Anushka had one PK and NH10 and 2015 was supposed to be HER year lol but even this time, Deepika raced ahead with a seemingly harmless Piku. Like who would expect an Anurag Kashyap, A Vishal Bharadwaj, A YRF etc films to do virtually nothing for her career?
So yeah, projects that sound amazing on paper may not be perfect in reality lol. Varun does have the weakest lineup but he is super smart IMHO and I am totally not underestimating him. He can very well overshadow SRK in Dilwale and move further ahead. ABCD2 is a definite hit IMHO. 

The one film which was supposedly the weakest in her stellar liner-up benefited her the most in more ways than one..NH10 is Anu's best till date & the fact that it din flop is a big deal in itself..So like i said, what looks good on paper doesn't always translate to a brilliant film in reality & vice versa ðŸ˜†  Varun is definitely smart..ABCD2 looked trashy thanks to that terrible first trailer but both the songs from the film have hit bull's eye..Esp. Sun Saathiya is the best video to come out in recent times ðŸ˜†
Edited by rogerrocks - 8 years ago
But Anushka is at the top.

Her last three movies are NH10, PK and BV. One is an ATBB, other is a hit and third is heading for disaster. It is a very solid performance.
The only movie where she had to bring in the audiences, she did. To make it even more hard; it was an A rated thriller.

Plus she was praised for her role in very movie. I have seen all three and IMO, she was really, really good.
^^ Ranjini, Anushka ka wohi hain. No big budget, seemingly perfect films seem to help her career. A small project like BBB with a debutant, unknown hero gave her push she needed and now NH10, another seemingly flop project gave her credibility. She should start lobbying for good smaller directors like Shoojit, Vikas etc. Even though I think she is annoyingly overrated here and has zero versatility, she is still better than quite a few lol.
Varun is crazy smart. ABCD2 will be a superhit, tum dekhna. 
When i was talking about the future projects it wasnt from a BO perspective.

It was more about how good the movie is going to be.

Varun is winning the BO battle hands down. ABCD is a hit and Dilwale will be a BB. There is no question there.
Edited by -Arsal- - 8 years ago
Originally posted by -Arsal-

Her last three movies are NH10, PK and BV. One is an ATBB, other is a hit and third is heading for disaster. It is a very solid performance.
The only movie where she had to bring in the audiences, she did. To make it even more hard; it was an A rated thriller.

Plus she was praised for her role in very movie. I have seen all three and IMO, she was really, really good.

It's only here I hear how Anushka is at the top lmao.
😆 She got some good press with her relationship but other than that, she is still nowhere near the top. I have heard very few people talking about her except in the context of her relationship and I do live in India lol. Her relationship has given her a good push so there's that.
I am sure she was good but she is hardly the top material yet, she has also been in the industry for seven years without making a solid mark so yeah. 

Originally posted by -Arsal-

Na what i meant was she should have been the undisputed no.1 right now with the line up she had 2 years back..But in reality, DP is still no.1 despite not having a stellar line up on paper ( 2 years back i mean)..I was just intending to say that even if Varun's films look weak on paper, he might zoom ahead for all we know ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by Star_girl

^^ Ranjini, Anushka ka wohi hain. No big budget, seemingly perfect films seem to help her career. A small project like BBB with a debutant, unknown hero gave her push she needed and now NH10, another seemingly flop project gave her credibility. She should start lobbying for good smaller directors like Shoojit, Vikas etc. Even though I think she is annoyingly overrated here and has zero versatility, she is still better than quite a few lol.
Varun is crazy smart. ABCD2 will be a superhit, tum dekhna. 

Haha NC said it'l make 150 crores..Lets see if she is right..Cos if it does, then Varun has Dilwale which will again make atleast 200 crores..Which is well WOW ðŸ˜†