Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The possibility of delaying the Excel movie has nothing to do with Sid.  It is Katrina and JJ reshoots that are the reasons behind it.  These things happen, but this one is not on Sid at all. 

As for Sid's choices lately, I don't find them disappointing at all.  Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't. Bhavesh Joshi didn't happen and he had the free time and K&S came along.  At worst it will be a typical candy floss Dharma family/romantic film and since it seems to have a very modest budget he'll more than likely have another hit in his resume. Brothers is very exciting movie to look forward to, and as fan I am equally excited for both Excel, and Intouchables if it happens. 

Same pinch,..his choices are not that bad,.. (HTP is an exception)
 he has made better career choices after Varun in this lot,..
we never know how Kat-Sid movie will turn out,.. as that may go both ways,..
while Intouchables is a better movie with better subject,..

if Intouchables start in Aug, then he may be done with shooting before ending of this year,.. as Mohit is a hasty director,.. and by then kat would be free too,..
so this movie may easily fit IN Sid's schedule,.. and would be a very right move @ this stage of career!
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
None of the new-comers movies look all that good.

Sid has Brothers( +1), K and S ( -10) and Excel one( not sure what to say, +1 for now I guess). If he does intouchables too, then he is set.

Varun had the best one pre Badlapur but then he has blown it. ABCD 2(-1), His brothers next (-10), His fathers next (-10), Dilwale ( It will be a huge BB so I am indifferent towards it, story wise it will be pure crap). He need a good movie right now. I hope he says no to HG cuz that will add another poor movie in his filmography. And I say this as a huge fan of his.

ARK looks really good with Fitoor (+10) and Intouchables (+1). But nothing post that. He now needs to sign something different like Fitoor. To many similar movies in A2, YJHD type can hold him back big time. An action thriller would be really nice.
Edited by -Arsal- - 9 years ago
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Neela-Paani

Only if they stick to original script.Right now talks have been going on abt how Mohit & Kjo wants to commercialize it more,add some romantic angle to the story and convert it into sappy romcom...so the entire theme and structure of script will go hay wire only..then what credibility of the original would be attached to this new version?😕

They should not touch it then,..🤔
Hmm so Sid only has one solo hero film right now. I can understand fan's anxiety but tbh Kjo knows what works at the BO so does Mohit. EV wasn't a path breaking film but it gave a huge boost to Sid's career- his first super hit. I think if kjo and Mohit can make an intelligent adaptation keeping in mind its commercial prospect it will only benefit Sid. Sid is young has a long way to go, his career has just started, few 2 hero well made film where he has equal footing will only benefit him. But yes he shouldn't say yes just cos of his obligation to Kjo.
-Arsal- thumbnail

Originally posted by: -AppleOfMaEye-

Same pinch,..his choices are not that bad,.. (HTP is an exception)
 he has made better career choices after Varun in this lot,..
we never know how Kat-Sid movie will turn out,.. as that may go both ways,..
while Intouchables is a better movie with better subject,..

if Intouchables start in Aug, then he may be done with shooting before ending of this year,.. as Mohit is a hasty director,.. and by then kat would be free too,..
so this movie may easily fit IN Sid's schedule,.. and would be a very right move @ this stage of career!

Yeah, if Sid does intouchables then his upcoming movies look really good. Brothers, Intouchables and the excel movie all are solid choices. K and S can be excused too becuase of these.
-Arsal- thumbnail
Aila is the best when it comes to this.

Look at her upcoming filmography;

Udta Punjab. Easily one of the most awaited upcoming movies. The cast is stellar and the story is unique and very interesting as well.

Then she has the superhero movie with Ranbir (Ayan's next).
Shaandar opposite Shahid with the director of queen( Vikas Behl)

K and S is the only weak one but the others are brilliant.
Edited by -Arsal- - 9 years ago
Among the new breed of actors lets see who has what projects and how good are they (on paper)
Sid: Brothers, K and S, Kal jisne dekha 
Ark: Fitoor and Intouchables remake.
Varun: Abcd2, dilwale, dhishoom
Sushant: Dhoni biopic and Paani (if its happening)
Ranveer: Ddd, Bm
Arjun: balki's next (not confirmed)

There u go ...from the above list Sid is doing quite well.

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

Udta Punjab. Easily one of the most awaited upcoming movies. The cast is stellar and the story is unique and very interesting as well.

And all these films have the ability to do well both critically and commercially. She has a great script sense it appears and she's lucky as well. With absolute no comp she's gonna race ahead. Her situation is similar to Ranbir few yrs back when Imran was his only competition.
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Piyatrix

Among the new breed of actors lets see who has what projects and how good are they (on paper)

Sid: Brothers, K and S, Kal jisne dekha 
Ark: Fitoor and Intouchables remake.
Varun: Abcd2, dilwale, dhishoom
Sushant: Dhoni biopic and Paani (if its happening)
Ranveer: Ddd, Bm
Arjun: balki's next (not confirmed)

There u go ...from the above list Sid is doing quite well.

I have kinda understood in the last few years that those actors who have really good projects on paper don exactly do well or take the industry by storm ðŸ˜†  For instance, 2 years back, Anu had the best line-up on paper..Yash Chopra's next, Vishal Bharadwaj's next, Hirani's next and Anurag Kashyap's next..Now thats as good as it can get..Literally the best directors in the industry & DP in comparison was nowhere.But look how things worked out & she zoomed ahead..Same with Varun..Post SOTY, i thought he had the weakest lineup..Even now i think his lineup is weak in comparison to say Sid or Sushant atleast on paper..But after MTH & Badlapur, am just not gonna judge any of his films..If ABCD2 manages to do well, then he is right up there..I think Varun has a very good strategy in place which may/ may not work but he has a good sense of what works & what doesn't & what will help his career in the long run..
Edited by rogerrocks - 9 years ago
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arsal-

If she actually does Homi's film with Sushant that'll be a good one too