Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Balki's and Mohit Suri's next to start in August - Page 6

-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: swati82

Is it just me or are two-hero films the latest trend?

Been going for ages.  Name some recent ones that have come out??

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Piyatrix

^ and what's wrong with multistarers, weren't DCH and ZNMD too, yet they praised equivocally and got bo success, all the actors got their share of fame. A well made film is a well made film period. I think Sid should have done this rather then K&S. 

Well would've never opposed this one,if Intouchables remake was being helmed by a Zoya or Farhan or even ROM(who beautifully crafted RDB and presented the ensemble cast in best way possible) either..Mohit Suri aint a director of the same caliber...neither is he known as ambassador of quality cinema...I dont think of his movies barring two as well made flicks..especially the most popular EV and A2 had lot of flaws..Also I think its HIGH HIGH time Sid gets out of Dharma...I am more against this project as this is coming after K & S..seriously what 4 multi starrers in consecutive 2 yrs? ..Once in a while muti starrer project is fine...especially after u prove your acting capabilities and sure other actors wont overshadow you...Or else naah..at this point of his career,Sid aint making the right choices by only opting for multi lead projects I feel.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I think more than Intouchables remake, Mohit Suri or 2-hero movies yet another Dharma movie is an overkill for SidM. Though who in their right mind rejects Dharma...but all of SidM have had a Dharma connection.
Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Arsal-

Two hero movies?? I am getting tired of this phrase.😆

What is wrong with them?? Its just two characters sharing the screen for a majority of the movie length. Even more so in intouchables, it will be dominated by these two characters. About 90 percent movie will be on them both.

Only if they stick to original script.Right now talks have been going on abt how Mohit & Kjo wants to commercialize it more,add some romantic angle to the story and convert it into sappy romcom...so the entire theme and structure of script will go hay wire only..then what credibility of the original would be attached to this new version?😕
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Arsal-

Been going for ages.  Name some recent ones that have come out??

Yeah true just seems like we're hearing about so many, Intouchables, Brothers, Dilwale, Dhishoom, Vishal's Saif-Shahid film, Ram-Lakhan, Adi Chopra's next...
Edited by swati82 - 8 years ago
-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
i wouldnt mind watching ARK n Sid together,.. ðŸ˜³

movie's subject is really really cool n heart-touching!
and yah,.. its different from that all love triangles and typical hero-heroine stuff,..

Mohit is a wow-ful director,..critically acclaimed commercial hits are his specialty!
 and he would love to work with his 2 favorite actors of current lot,.. he had good bonding with Sid too in EV days,.. and ARK has remained always special for him,..
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
The possibility of delaying the Excel movie has nothing to do with Sid.  It is Katrina and JJ reshoots that are the reasons behind it.  These things happen, but this one is not on Sid at all. 

As for Sid's choices lately, I don't find them disappointing at all.  Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don't. Bhavesh Joshi didn't happen and he had the free time and K&S came along.  At worst it will be a typical candy floss Dharma family/romantic film and since it seems to have a very modest budget he'll more than likely have another hit in his resume. Brothers is very exciting movie to look forward to, and as fan I am equally excited for both Excel, and Intouchables if it happens.  

-AppleOfMaEye- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: .Hajmola.

I think more than Intouchables remake, Mohit Suri or 2-hero movies yet another Dharma movie is an overkill for SidM. Though who in their right mind rejects Dharma...but all of SidM have had a Dharma connection.

i just wish Sid had gotten this movie rather than K&Ss,..
nothing is exciting in that movie beside Sid-Aaloo come back,..🥱
-Arsal- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Neela-Paani

Only if they stick to original script.Right now talks have been going on abt how Mohit & Kjo wants to commercialize it more,add some romantic angle to the story and convert it into sappy romcom...so the entire theme and structure of script will go hay wire only..then what credibility of the original would be attached to this new version?😕

Well if they do that then it wont be intouchables anymore. So I don't know why they are carrying the name.
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: Neela-Paani

Yes that is a valid point.  I'm hoping that Mohit misspoke when he described it as a comedy.  Though calling it uplifting might not be too far fetched.  It is essentially about how Driss teaches Philip about loving life and not feeling sorry for himself. Still, I think Mohit is a good filmmaker so at this stage I'm excited about it and feel that it will turn out to be a great movie.