Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abiiiiii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

I haven't seen Diya Aur Baati: Riddhi Dogra

Natasha Coutinho | May 17, 2015, 22.05 pm IST

Riddhi Dogra, who had been away from TV for a while, is now back in action with Diya Aur Baati Hum. In the show, she plays the owner of a kabaddi team. The actress spoke at length about her comeback and how she prepared for it. Excerpts:

What made you take up Diya Aur Baati Hum?
There were a couple of reasons why I took up the role. Firstly, Shashi (Mittal) called me up personally with the offer and she told me that full justice will be done to the character. She is one of the best producers the television industry has today and I took her word seriously. Secondly, Diya Aur Baati Hum is the number one show on air and to be associated with Star Plus is a huge honour. Only a fool would say no to that. Also, the character is different from what I have done till date. It is going to be a big challenge to create a name for myself on this show and I am totally up for it!

Have you been a viewer of the show?
To be honest, I haven't seen the show. I don't watch serials unless my friends are in it or Raqesh is. I end up watching Raqesh's shows mostly. He tells me whether a show is good or the storyline is interesting. So I watch it because I trust his judgement.

It has been a while since Raqesh and you have done a daily together.
Maryaada was a great show with an amazing story. And of course we are open to doing shows together if the story is good and our
characters too.

Have you learnt to play kabaddi?
No, I don't know anything about kabaddi apart from the fact that it is our national sport.

Are you open to doing more reality shows?
Reality shows are not something that you plan. An actor's job is to do roles where he or she gets to act and I choose to do that for now. Reality shows are like the perks of being an actor " more like opportunities for us to grab. There weren't any reality shows in the early 2000s and I did two which I really wanted to do. So whenever something comes up that will add to my life's experiences, I will definitely say yes to it.

Tell us about your character in Diya Aur Baati Hum.
I play the role of Aditi who owns a kabaddi team. Shilpa Shetty was my mentor on Nach Baliye. To play Aditi, I will keep Shilpa in mind. I remember how she used to mentor the contestants, encourage them to try out different dance styles every week. She would praise and she would also point out flaws that she would notice. I am going to try and incorporate these aspects in my acting. If I get to dress glamorously on the show, like an elegant businesswoman, I will again follow her style for a realistic look and to make a better connection with the audience of the show.
Edited by Abiiiiii - 8 years ago
MJV2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Vmaa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thanks abhi for sharing
u r my golden assert
love u girl
god bless u😊
Vmaa thumbnail

is  it  vedh n vansh
i adore both
Vmaa thumbnail
Instagram media dhrishack - With akshara didi
Vmaa thumbnail
Instagram media poojasingh8430 - Tonite at star pariwar award#spa completed 15years#proud to be a part of star plus and DABH team
Vmaa thumbnail
Instagram media poojasingh8430 - Me with my onscreen daughter pari#who has become bhabho#isnt she looking preety
Vmaa thumbnail
Instagram media poojasingh8430 - Can't stop myself uploading all these pics#this pic before function started#while I was waiting in my vanity
Vmaa thumbnail
Instagram media poojasingh8430 - My lovely mom who designed this lovely costume for this amazing night#thank u so much mumma#mmmuuuaahhh
Vmaa thumbnail
Instagram media ridhidv - Fun time at #starparivarawards