India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 7)

Madhura.. IF-Sizzlerz
Madhura..
Madhura..

Kundali Bhagya Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Brilliant thread guys, Sayanee thank you for letting me know!!
I will try to see the show, Rabindranath Tagore his writings were indeed brilliant, which is an understatement, I have read very few, but few poems I have, cos of the language constraint too, Translations many times dilute the impact/

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.candy02VIMAL.SMNeerjaa

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:25am | IP Logged
@Crescendo, that IS THE crux of the story itself. Binodini was educated, well versed in music, an expert in household work, could communicate in english along with playing chess and was almost of Mahendra's age, in a nut shell she was a very worthy bride for him; whereas Ashalata was nothing compared to her. She was uneducated and very young as per the novel. Yet Mahendra refused to marry Binodini and later went on to marry Ashalata, solely enchanted by her beauty. Binodini took that refusal as an insult to her self-respect. Once she had become a widow and had read Mahendra's letters, she became enraged. She started considering Ashalata as her enemy ("Chokher Baali"), who has usurped what rightfully belonged to her. Mahendra's infatuation towards Ashalata's beauty disappeared into thin air in no time, once he understood that Binodini was more of his type. Poor Ashalata has deliberately been made a scapegoat in this whole sequence of events.

Edited by chandrima02 - 08 July 2015 at 9:29am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02sillage.catharsisSayaneeH.LecterStar_girlMadhura..VIMAL.SMNeerjaa

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chandrima02

@Crescendo, that IS THE crux of the story itself. Binodini was educated, well versed in music, an expert in household work, could communicate in english along with playing chess and was almost of Mahendra's age, in a nut shell she was a very worthy bride for him; whereas Ashalata was nothing compared to her. She was uneducated and very young as per the novel. Yet Mahendra refused to marry Binodini and later went on to marry Ashalata, solely enchanted by her beauty. Binodini took that refusal as an insult to her self-respect. Once she had become a widow and had read Mahendra's letters, she became enraged. She started considering Ashalata as her enemy ("Chokher Baali"), who has usurped what rightfully belonged to her. Mahendra's infatuation towards Ashalata's beauty disappeared into thin air in no time, once he understood that Binodini was more of his type. Poor Ashalata has deliberately been made a scapegoat in this whole sequence of events.
Hmm..true.
I get this now but don't you think it is morally wrong what Binodini is doing..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

candy02VIMAL.SMNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crescendo-

Hmm..true.

where the morality comes in all this . Its human emotions . Makers have started with flash back . Binodini has respect for Bihari Babu  . This  was the reason but when read the book never felt that she wanted to hurt Asha . 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.VIMAL.SM

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

Originally posted by -Crescendo-

Hmm..true.

where the morality comes in all this . Its human emotions . Makers have started with flash back . Binodini has respect for Bihari Babu  . This  was the reason but when read the book never felt that she wanted to hurt Asha . 

Being close to Mahendra when he is married to Asha..this is the morality I'm talking about.

She didn't want to hurt Asha intentionally but eventually she did??

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 9:48am | IP Logged
I know this is unacceptable as per our thought process. But I do sympathize with Binodini's frustration, her jealousy, her grief, her anger. In those days, a Hindu widow's life was worse than death itself. And she had to bear that unbearable & agonizing life, which was completely devoid of any color, any odour, any taste (in literal sense) and any earthly pleasure due to Mahendra's refusal. She wanted to teach him a lesson by proving herself worthier than Ashalata, in turn proving him wrong and later she was successful as well. Ashalata was her "Chokher Baali"; since in her eyes, Ashalata was guilty as an unwanted usurper of what rightfully belonged to her. To be frank, personally I find Mahendra, as the one who was the real guilty.

I won't destroy the suspense. But at the end, you would not be able to judge who was right and who was wrong.

Edited by chandrima02 - 08 July 2015 at 10:27am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02sillage.SayaneeH.LecterStar_girlVIMAL.SMNeerjaa

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:02am | IP Logged

I know this is unacceptable as per our thought process. But I do sympathize with Binodini's frustration, her jealousy, her grief, her anger. In those days, a Hindu widow's life was worse than death itself. And she had to bear that unbearable & agonizing life, which was completely devoid of any color, any order, any taste (in literal sense) and any earthly pleasure due to Mahendra's refusal. She wanted to teach him a lesson by proving herself worthier than Ashalata, in turn proving him wrong and later she was successful as well. Ashalata was her "Chokher Baali"; since in her eyes, Ashalata was guilty as an unwanted usurper of what rightfully belonged to her. To be frank, personally I find Mahendra, as the one who was the real guilty.

I won't destroy the suspense. But at the end, you would not be able to judge who was right and who was wrong.
I want to sympathise with Binodini but don't see myself doing it.
Thanks for the perspective...makes it understandable.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

candy02Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 10:05am | IP Logged
1. Phule phule dhole dhole (Ye Banks & Brae - Scottish original by Robert Burns)

Was  this music was also played in Parinita when Saif  was playing the piano and Vidya was standing and singing with him . ? Today i saw the clippings of making of Tagore,s work in Epic and then listened this track . 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.candy02SayaneeH.LecterVIMAL.SM

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index