India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 35)

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

Originally posted by riti4u

i missed last half of yesterday's show... but liked whatever i saw... felt bad for poor grandfather...Ouch

I am yet to watch .. you felt for the grandfather??!! he was a heartless killer Angry .. but yes Kobiguru will always make you feel for everyone in the story .. the melancholy loneliness of the old man somehow makes us sad at the end
didn't felt anything for the grandfather...m feeling sad for the boy..that old man got mad when he find out that that boy was his grandchild but before that he was okay..Angry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sea-HawkNeerjaa

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 6:54am | IP Logged
I was just doing some research and found this study on Tagore's short stories .. very well written article .. though to share here 
http://www.academia.edu/7191690/SHORT_STORIES_OF_RABINDRANATH_TAGORE_An_Analysis

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Anny90sillage.Jo_MarchNeerjaa

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 7:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crescendo-

Now after watching quite a few stories,I have understood a bit of Tagore's style and the best part of his writings are the twists and turns.The reader is psychologically involved and he loves to give his readers a thrill with unexpected twists.Its not just plain emotions.And I love it!

Sayanee,do correct me if I'm wrongWink

You said so aptly .. Crescendo I am no expert on his works .. to me understanding his work is like measuring the ocean .. I just try .. I totally agree with your observation here .. Kobiguru himself defined the thing called "short story" in a poem .. I don't remember it line by line but mainly what it said is a short story will always make writers craving for more - doesn't end after ending - there will always be room for reader's imagination .. so one story could have different interpretation. 

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 26 August 2015 at 11:24pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Jo_MarchNeerjaa

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 7:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by OtakuGirl-Debo

Originally posted by riti4u

i missed last half of yesterday's show... but liked whatever i saw... felt bad for poor grandfather...Ouch

I am yet to watch .. you felt for the grandfather??!! he was a heartless killer Angry .. but yes Kobiguru will always make you feel for everyone in the story .. the melancholy loneliness of the old man somehow makes us sad at the end
didn't felt anything for the grandfather...m feeling sad for the boy..that old man got mad when he find out that that boy was his grandchild but before that he was okay..Angry

This is exactly what I felt when I read the story for the first time .. now after so many years I feel for him the way I feel for Shyama in his musical drama - "Shyama" .. but again, Shyama became blind and cruel to save her love and felt guilty afterwards - so this gives her benefit of doubt, what I can't give to Jogyeswar Kundu .. I don't really sympathize but somewhere pity him .. that doesn't mean I don't hate him

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 26 August 2015 at 7:05am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jo_MarchNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 9:25am | IP Logged
This Waris story was heart touching story . Grandfather was heartless person as it appeared from the starting . He was just obsessed by his grandchild . He did bot care about his own others . I felt he lost some of his mental balance when his son left with his child . But latter on you can see the madness in his eyes . Heart breaking story .

Jo_MarchSea-Hawkriti4u

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 9:44am | IP Logged

At the start of Waaris when the grandfather refuses to give money for his daughter in law's medicines I'd already decided I hate him. But as the story progresses you see the old man all alone and gloomy, missing his grandson to the point that he goes mad...you kind of do feel bad for him...a little may be.

I pity him and at the same time I hate him too for what he did to the kid.AngryCry

One thing I've noticed is that these stories are really unpredictable. One cannot easily guess what will happen next and as Crescendo di said the twists and turns are unexpected.

Sea-HawkNeerjaariti4u

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 9:54am | IP Logged

I was just doing some research and found this study on Tagore's short stories .. very well written article .. though to share here 
http://www.academia.edu/7191690/SHORT_STORIES_OF_RABINDRANATH_TAGORE_An_Analysis
"Tagore's characters are never artificial creatures.
 They are ordinary
men and women, and children and babies... There were none before or after him, who portrayed these categories of characters with so much insight and sympathy."
 True! Thumbs Up
One of the reasons I'm loving these stories is that there are no villain type negative characters. These characters are grey shaded, they seem very real. It's only the circumstances that shape the stories. 

Anny90sillage.Neerjaa

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 26 August 2015 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crescendo-

What was Monday's story?? I will watch today .. anyway, I think today they are doing - "Sompotti Samorpon" - "Wealth Surrendered" .. I found this free e-book in English .. if anyone wants, can read the story .. it is totally different from the stories AB has done till date 
https://books.google.co.in/books?id=TUcLTARmOnkC&pg=PT97&lpg=PT97&dq=Wealth+Surrendered&source=bl&ots=-PRPOCw9u_&sig=5VqeqtMxAKgwd-Whhry8NP--_yw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAGoVChMI2u7tzuzDxwIVy3GOCh1-hg5U#v=onepage&q=Wealth%20Surrendered&f=false

this link has many more Tagore's short stories .. just scrawl up and down 
This link is not working for me :(
Do you know any alternative site where I can get to read Tagore's works...

Try this link ...It has some stories by Tagore as well as some other classic novels.Smile
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33525

sillage.Sea-HawkNeerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index