India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 30)

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 10:33am | IP Logged
I haven't watch Uphaar .. I must watch .. Satyajit Ray's "Teen Kanya" - Three women had three short stories by Tagore, Samapti was the last one. The film won National Award .. I loved loved loved Soumitra Chatterjee as Apurba and Aparna Sen too was brilliant as Mrinmoyee.

I am thoroughly enjoying Basu's version .. it has same carm .. the guy playing Apurba is soo cute, perfect as Apurba. @Merit .. not your fault .. he is an Aww-worthy character LOL

In Ray's version, Apurba's matchmaking scene was hilarious .. Mrinmayee's pet squirrel started running inside the room and she ran inside to catch it. Finally, at the end she rushed out after dragging girl's sari, and dong some more mishaps. the shoe stealing scene was amazing .. Apurba found  his one [once shining] shoe on mud-path and caught Mrinmayee with another one. ROFL

This time they added some parts and I am loving it. After Atithi and Detective another light-hearted cute story .. can't wait for the next episode. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Jo_MarchNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
 Got this from Youtube Satyajit Ray's "Teen Kanya" -
Samapti (The Conclusion) Amulya (Soumitra Chatterjee) is returning to his village after passing his exams in Calcutta to spend some time with his widowed mother. After getting down from the boat as he struggles in the muddy path, he senses that someone is following him. Soon he finds out it is a tomboyish teenager Mrinmoyee (Aparna). She bursts into giggles at his plight and runs away.
The mother has arranged for him to marry the daughter of a respectable family. Much against his wishes he goes to visit the girl in a nearby village, carrying an umbrella and wearing shinning shoes. The girl is very conventional and he is forced to admire her needlework, singing and her other skills.
Suddenly, Mrinmoyee, known as Paglee (madcap) charges in following her pet squirrel. Then he finds his shoes gone. As he sets out to walk back to his village, he finds one of his missing shoes in the mud path. Amulya captures the culprit, Mrinmoyee. It is now her turn to fall in the slushy mud. Amulya is amused and probably also in love.
Against his mother's wishes, he marries Mrinmoyee. On their first night together, she escapes by climbing down a tree and spends the night on her favorite swing on the riverbank. It is scandal. She is locked in her room and in a childish tantrum throws thing at Amulya. He returns to Calcutta and she is sent back to her mother's house. . Once he is gone, she realize how much she really loves him.
His mother makes Amulya come back on a false pretext of her illness. Amulya goes in search of Mrinmoyee in rain. Unable to find her he returns, only to find her in his room. He asks her how she managed to sneak in. She replies, 'By climbing the tree, but I'll not do it again'. She is no longer a childish madcap but a grown woman in love..

Wants to see the movie ,here is the link 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jo_MarchSayaneeH.Lecter

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

I haven't watch Uphaar .. I must watch .. Satyajit Ray's "Teen Kanya" - Three women had three short stories by Tagore, Samapti was the last one. The film won National Award .. I loved loved loved Soumitra Chatterjee as Apurba and Aparna Sen too was brilliant as Mrinmoyee.

I am thoroughly enjoying Basu's version .. it has same carm .. the guy playing Apurba is soo cute, perfect as Apurba. @Merit .. not your fault .. he is an Aww-worthy character LOL

In Ray's version, Apurba's matchmaking scene was hilarious .. Mrinmayee's pet squirrel started running inside the room and she ran inside to catch it. Finally, at the end she rushed out after dragging girl's sari, and dong some more mishaps. the shoe stealing scene was amazing .. Apurba found  his one [once shining] shoe on mud-path and caught Mrinmayee with another one. ROFL

This time they added some parts and I am loving it. After Atithi and Detective another light-hearted cute story .. can't wait for the next episode. 

Thanks for giving the insight in the story and made me curious to watch the Bengali one ,but do not understand the language . Still will  enjoy as language is no barrier  where art , music is concerned .
Still have to watch the songs you gave me the links and thank you .

Edited by Neerjaa - 12 August 2015 at 12:38pm
SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 12 August 2015 at 11:46pm | IP Logged
@Neerja as It is Satyajit Ray's movie I think you will be able to get English sub 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 13 August 2015 at 3:53am | IP Logged
I couldn't get English subtitled film Charulata except for one in which they were not clearly visible. So if  anyone gets it with subtitles, please share them here.thanks

Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 13 August 2015 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crescendo-

I couldn't get English subtitled film Charulata except for one in which they were not clearly visible. So if  anyone gets it with subtitles, please share them here.thanks

Try Google devta . You might find there with Eng, Sub. on line 

sillage.

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 14 August 2015 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
happy independence day.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Jo_MarchSayaneeH.LecterNeerjaa

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 15 August 2015 at 2:41am | IP Logged
Happy Independence Day to everyone. ^_^

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SayaneeH.LecterNeerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index