Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I was just doing some research and found this study on Tagore's short stories .. very well written article .. though to share here 
http://www.academia.edu/7191690/SHORT_STORIES_OF_RABINDRANATH_TAGORE_An_Analysis
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

Now after watching quite a few stories,I have understood a bit of Tagore's style and the best part of his writings are the twists and turns.The reader is psychologically involved and he loves to give his readers a thrill with unexpected twists.Its not just plain emotions.And I love it!

Sayanee,do correct me if I'm wrong😉

You said so aptly .. Crescendo I am no expert on his works .. to me understanding his work is like measuring the ocean .. I just try .. I totally agree with your observation here .. Kobiguru himself defined the thing called "short story" in a poem .. I don't remember it line by line but mainly what it said is a short story will always make writers craving for more - doesn't end after ending - there will always be room for reader's imagination .. so one story could have different interpretation. 
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: OtakuGirl-Debo

didn't felt anything for the grandfather...m feeling sad for the boy..that old man got mad when he find out that that boy was his grandchild but before that he was okay..😡

This is exactly what I felt when I read the story for the first time .. now after so many years I feel for him the way I feel for Shyama in his musical drama - "Shyama" .. but again, Shyama became blind and cruel to save her love and felt guilty afterwards - so this gives her benefit of doubt, what I can't give to Jogyeswar Kundu .. I don't really sympathize but somewhere pity him .. that doesn't mean I don't hate him
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This Waris story was heart touching story . Grandfather was heartless person as it appeared from the starting . He was just obsessed by his grandchild . He did bot care about his own others . I felt he lost some of his mental balance when his son left with his child . But latter on you can see the madness in his eyes . Heart breaking story .
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

At the start of Waaris when the grandfather refuses to give money for his daughter in law's medicines I'd already decided I hate him. But as the story progresses you see the old man all alone and gloomy, missing his grandson to the point that he goes mad...you kind of do feel bad for him...a little may be.

I pity him and at the same time I hate him too for what he did to the kid.😡😭

One thing I've noticed is that these stories are really unpredictable. One cannot easily guess what will happen next and as Crescendo di said the twists and turns are unexpected.

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

I was just doing some research and found this study on Tagore's short stories .. very well written article .. though to share here 

http://www.academia.edu/7191690/SHORT_STORIES_OF_RABINDRANATH_TAGORE_An_Analysis

"Tagore's characters are never artificial creatures.
 They are ordinary
men and women, and children and babies... There were none before or after him, who portrayed these categories of characters with so much insight and sympathy."
 True! 👍🏼
One of the reasons I'm loving these stories is that there are no villain type negative characters. These characters are grey shaded, they seem very real. It's only the circumstances that shape the stories. 

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

This link is not working for me :(
Do you know any alternative site where I can get to read Tagore's works...

Try this link ...It has some stories by Tagore as well as some other classic novels.😊
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33525

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
^Thanks for the link,Merit :)It worked though now I'm looking forward to catch the hard copies of his work soon :)
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
When I read "Sampotti Samarpaan" for the 1st time I was shocked to the core .. Kobiguru has written few stories in supernatural genre, but this wasn't one of them, yet I find it disturbing. An almost crazy old man captures a kid and tricks him to be "jakh" [it was a belief, if a boy is made jakh, the spirit of young boy will safeguard the treasure until the real "waris" get it] to guard his wealth for his grandson only to discover that the kid was his grandson. - Heartwrenching, shell-shocking, incredible. 

Anuraag Basu absolutely excelled himself this time .. it was nothing less than perfect .. and the music was to the T .. flawlessly capturing the eerie aura around Jogyeswar Kundu .. the actor portrayed the very disturbing and bizarre behavior of Kundu through his body language, eyes and voice modulation - [the effect was so real that at a point I was shouting "Nitai run away" knowing this is not gonna happen] .. the uncanny feel was reflecting from every frame .. I LOVED IT 
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
kid dies in chooti😭 and grandfather in that Waaris story killed the child😲..i felt for him coz i saw some scenes and felt he was so lonely .. but hearing all this...😡

I like happy stories..is there any happy story