India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 21)

MS-meghasharma IF-Sizzlerz
MS-meghasharma
MS-meghasharma

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 4:12am | IP Logged
kabuliwala story was just brilliant. the little girl was awsum. loved all the scenes between little mini and kabuliwala specially when she calls him second time and they kind of play with each other by taking steps towards each other "& then back..it was lovely.
happy to see mini's father had a concrete role. ab has done a good job with this story. looking forward for punishment now.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Jo_MarchVIMAL.SMNeerjaa

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 6:11am | IP Logged

Kabuliwala is such a heart touching story. The story is pretty simple yet so beautiful that it brings tears to your eyes. There is no special or unexpected event in the story that makes you cry. No, it is the pure human emotions in it that made me cry. And I don't easily cry while watching tv. The story shows feelings and emotions that everybody experiences. It does not matter if one is from Kandahar or Calcutta. We're all driven by same emotions.

Rehman (sorry was it Rahmat?) an Afghani fruit vendor in Calcutta who is miles away from his homeland, from his family finds a connection with Mini and a sweet friendship is developed. Rehman sees his daughter Sana in Mini. When he is playing with Mini, he is playing with Sana. From outside he may look tough and scary to people but from inside he is a loving father like anybody else.  The last scene when Rehman meets Mini after 8 years was beautiful.  The actor who played kabuliwala has done a good job and the little girl was very cute. I smiled every time she said,' kabuliwala, oh kabuliwala' LOL 

sillage.Sea-HawkNeerjaa

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

I am gonna watch the episode tonight at 8 .. I couldn't remember if I read a story named "Punishment" .. but seeing your question I feel AB did a modification of the story "Sasti" - punishment is the exact English translation of it. Also, he modified a bit and established the story in a middle-class family. In reality, the story was based on a working class set-up.

If this is true, then I don't know why AB joined two stories and made Mini protagonist of the show .. the tragedy of the story will be doubled when I feel it's Mini, Kabuliwala's Khokhi who went through it. 

I will let you know the ending after I watch the episode .. if it AB is following "Sashti" then the girl will die 

It's the same story. I think he joined both the stories because of 'sasural' reference when kabuliwala playfully tells Mini that if her in-laws will cause any trouble to her he will beat them. or there could be any other reason. But yes it was difficult to imagine that Mini had to go through it.Unhappy

Sea-HawkVIMAL.SMNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 6:42am | IP Logged
 Could not watch the last of Kabuliwala 's episode  till she is married . But the story ends here then which story was started where she is charged with murder . Was it another story merged with Mini and now i know starts Charulata . But was not Charu 's husband was older to her by many years ? Infact recently read the story in Hindi by tagore with another name and understood it was charulata. 
Can someone please tell me what was the story and why she was accused of murder ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

VIMAL.SM

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 6:52am | IP Logged
 Just found the first part of Punishment  in google but its incomplete . 
Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Neerja the novel is titled as "Nashtaneer" (Ruined Nest) .. Satyajit Ray made "Charulata" basd on it. What is its Hindi name?? 

About Punishment, it is acually "Sashti" what is bengali of punishment. It has no connection with Mini. AB adjoined the both story in his style 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Watched "Sashti" or "Punishment" .. this time I am a bit disappointed .. the change of background actually changed a lot and moved the focus .. I am trying to explain .. 

The actual story revolves around a poverty stricken family where two brothers earn day to day wedge. Wife of the younger brother Chandora wasn't a nice behaved woman but a quarrelsome girl who won't remain silent when her sister in law taunts her. They used to fight regularly. We see how zamindaar exploits these two poor brothers and when they came back home a quarrelling/complaining Radha annoyed Dukhiraam [the older brother] and he hit her with an axe. 

Radha died and Chidam (the younger bro) despite loving his wife asked her to take the allegation. The guy said I will fix everything. As long as I remember in story Chandora [here Mini] heard Chidam saying "I can get a wife if she dies but can't get a big brother" .. this hits the young girl and she remains silent throughout the case. Even after several request she didn't say a single word in her defense. At the end, her husband made a request to meet her but she didn't allow. 

The point of the whole story was Chandora's SELF-RESPECT .. she was no educated woman .. a mere uneducated, illiterate girl from a village who has very simple outlook to the world but that girl too had a strong sense of self-esteem. I really feel AB's story missed the point here.  PUNISHMENT doesn't stand for the court verdict but the punishment she gave to her husband for rest of his life. 

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 31 July 2015 at 2:51am

Jo_MarchNeerjaapanchaali

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 29 July 2015 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Moreover, I really really couldn't take the connection of Mini here .. Mini is very special to us .. her "kabuliwala o kabuliwala" stands for the innocence of humanity what melt every complexity effortlessly .. I just can't imagine such ending of little Mini .. it hurts and it hurts in deep

Jo_MarchNeerjaapanchaali

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index