India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 19)

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 22 July 2015 at 10:00am | IP Logged
Before we start watching "Kabuliwala" I want to say another thing .. Kabuliwalas were people from Afghanistan Or Kabul .. they used to do "Sauda" - business   in India .. they used to come in Kolkata to sell dry fruits, also they used to lend money in high interest .. generally people used to be afraid of them as they were known for their cruelty .. it is said they could be really dangerous if they didn't get their money in time 

I am not saying this was the fact but it was their image .. just imagine Rabindranath Thakur saw a father, a beautiful heart, a kind soul in a Kabuliwala .. think about this man's insight, thought, understanding and humanity for once .. he didn't see the coarse exterior but immersed in deep  to find out a jewel .. no wonder why many keep him above God 

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 22 July 2015 at 10:18am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02Jo_Marchsillage.MS-meghasharmaNeerjaapanchaali

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 22 July 2015 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

I just watched the episode .. "Detective" is a nice, relatively light hearted story .. Anurag Basu brilliantly brought the feel of reading a short story .. even after the ending you will always have a room for imagination .. that's classic Rabindranath Thakur

Anybody who has seen the episode will understand my current condition of mind .. once again one story smoothly transferred into another and this time it's "Kabuliwala" .. the epic tale of eternal love and pathos of human life .. the moment I saw it's the wedding day of Mini, a lump formed in my throat 

I would like to say the way Basu is weaving one story with another it's becoming like a lei where every person is a story, has a story, creates a story .. It feels so real .. like each and every person we meet in our life is carrying an untold story with them .. beautiful naa
True.

Depicting stories is okay but weaving them into one continuous loop takes a lot of creativity and its sheer brilliance by AB and team.Kudos to them!

You know when i watched the scene when mahim sees neelakshi with mounmitto(sorry for getting this wrong),I anticipated that this would be the climax where he doubts on the whole world but not his wife and she is the one who turns unfaithful...rather I loved the twist in the end which made it very interesting and true to the genre of detective thriller.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Jo_MarchSayaneeH.LecterNeerjaa

MS-meghasharma IF-Sizzlerz
MS-meghasharma
MS-meghasharma

Posted: 23 July 2015 at 3:40am | IP Logged
where can we watch these epi's online?
MS-meghasharma IF-Sizzlerz
MS-meghasharma
MS-meghasharma

Posted: 23 July 2015 at 4:08am | IP Logged
here's the promo of kabuliwla. i think praneet bhatt( one who played shakuni in new mahabharat) is playing young version of kabuliwala

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jo_March

Jo_March Goldie
Jo_March
Jo_March

Posted: 23 July 2015 at 5:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MS-meghasharma

here's the promo of kabuliwla. i think praneet bhatt( one who played shakuni in new mahabharat) is playing young version of kabuliwala

Thank you for sharing the promo. Eagerly waiting for next episode. :)
But I don't think the actor playing kabuliwala is Praneet Bhatt. I think that's someone else but he does look like praneet. 
Oh and the episodes are not available online. Unhappy We'll have to watch them on Epic only. As per  the channel makers' convenience. Lol. But there are a lot of repeat telecasts.

MS-meghasharma

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 23 July 2015 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
I watched the starting of Kabuliwala in the last episode. The guy is not Praneet Bhat. He is a new one. Usually Kabuliwalas used to be tall men with broad shoulders .. I don't find the actor apt by the looks .. I hope he covers it up with acting .. however, anyone who has watched Bengali Classic movie based on the same story can't but think of Chabi Biswas sir who played Kabuliwala impeccably .. this time AB took a big challenge 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.panchaali

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 23 July 2015 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crescendo-

True.

Depicting stories is okay but weaving them into one continuous loop takes a lot of creativity and its sheer brilliance by AB and team.Kudos to them!

You know when i watched the scene when mahim sees neelakshi with mounmitto(sorry for getting this wrong),I anticipated that this would be the climax where he doubts on the whole world but not his wife and she is the one who turns unfaithful...rather I loved the twist in the end which made it very interesting and true to the genre of detective thriller.

It would be Manmatho .. me too loved the twist at the end .. it was different and refreshing 

sillage.

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 24 July 2015 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
missed both the detective and kabuliwalah.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index