India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 15)

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 11 July 2015 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Sayanee, you have perfectly described Binodini. My understanding is identical regarding that character. Behaari could read her like an open book. But whether he was in love with her, to be frank, I could not infer from the novel properly when I've read the same. May be, my memory has become quite hazy since it has been ages since I've read that novel.

Yes, "Saptapadi" (the movie) is a PERFECT love-story, where love has got translated almost to devotion. Very less number of love-stories can reach that height. Regarding the actual novel, my feeling is same as well; personally for me, it's a bit dragged and not as interesting as it's cinematic rendition. Thanks to Uttam Kumar's insistence to change the ending to a positive one and Tarashankar Bandyopadyay ultimately agreeing to his views, the movie became a timeless masterpiece. Personally for me, it's the best film of the legendary pair of Uttam Kumar & Suchitra Sen. They were simply beyond perfection in that movie. Regarding love translated to devotion, another example is "Uttar Falguni" (Hindi version "Mamta") by author Nihar Ranjan Gupta, I am simply awed by the eternal love and devotion that Manish had towards Debjani. It's simply divine. 

Edited by chandrima02 - 11 July 2015 at 9:40am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02sillage.SayaneeH.LectercatharsisNeerjaaMoumimon

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 11 July 2015 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
I am reading the novel .. I feel Bihari respected Ashalata for being so simple and innocent while he understood Binodini and her intention from the beginning .. even after that he managed to recognize the real Binodini .. in fact he knew her better than her but I am yet to get if Bihari loved her or not

Regarding "Saptapadi" you spoke everything that's in my mind  .. not every love story can reach to that level .. and I too feel this is the Kohinoor among the gems produced by Uttam Kr and Suchitra Sen pair .. in "Uttar Phalguni" or "Mamta" Manish's love was constant and undying.. I loved Bikash Roy as Manish but don't remember Ashok Kr's portrayal of the same .. However, while I love Suchitra Sen's films like "Uttar Phalguni" "Deep Jele Jai" "Saat Pake Badha" for being different and showing the other side of love, Uttam - Suchitra films became eternal just for their magical presence .. we often talk about chemistry but their chemistry will always be unmatched .. it was not only magical but mysterious in a way .. mysterious because this much intensity is simply incredible 

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 11 July 2015 at 2:51pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.candy02NeerjaaMoumimon

Moumimon IF-Stunnerz
Moumimon
Moumimon

Posted: 11 July 2015 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

I am reading the novel .. I feel Bihari respected Ashalata for being so simple and innocent while he understood Binodini and her intention from the beginning .. even after that he managed to recognize the real Binodini .. in fact he knew her better than her but I am yet to get if Bihari loved her or not

Regarding "Saptapadi" you spoke everything that's in my mind  .. not every love story can reach to that level .. and I too feel this is the Kohinoor among the gems produced by Uttam Kr and Suchitra Sen pair .. in "Uttar Phalguni" or "Mamta" Manish's love was constant and undying.. I loved Bikash Roy as Manish but don't remember Ashok Kr's portrayal of the same .. However, while I love Suchitra Sen's films like "Uttar Phalguni" "Deep Jele Jai" "Saat Pake Badha" for being different and showing the other side of love, Uttam - Suchitra films became eternal just for their magical presence .. we often talk about chemistry but their chemistry will always be unmatched .. it was not only magical but mysterious in a way .. mysterious because this much intensity is simply incredible 
[email protected] in the novel there was NOT clear that actually with whom Bihari was in LOve.. where he understand Bino in better way then Bino, like that he understand Asha as well more then herLOL.. and thats the depth of BIhari's character. it was actually not clear whom he was love in NOVEL...but the fact is clear the its square from every angle Asha-Bihari or Bino-Bihari...Tagore never clear Biharii internal feelings and that is why he is so special for me..Embarrassed he always left me in imaginative world, where you can imagine him with bino/asha..my love for BIhari's Char is unconditional...

Edited by Moumimon - 11 July 2015 at 10:25pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

candy02

panchaali IF-Sizzlerz
panchaali
panchaali

Posted: 12 July 2015 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Finished watching two episodes of "Chokher Bali" its simply wonderful

When Indian television is full with crappy saas bahu drama Epic gives us something which we viewers crave to watch...

Thanks to Epic and Anuraag Basu for wonderful show based on Kaviguru's stories...

The songs are used so wonderfully 

"Amaro parano jaha chai tumi tai, tumi tai e go" gaye kata die jai [gives me goose bump]  

LostGirl02candy02catharsisNeerjaa

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 13 July 2015 at 6:54am | IP Logged
Epic on facebook-

Tonight on Stories By Rabindranath Tagore', the story of friendship, lust, betrayal and an array of human emotions comes to an end. Who will Binodini choose? Will Mahendar and Binodini find their happily ever after? What will happen to the derailed lives of Behari and Ashalata? Watch the intriguing finale of Chokher Bali' to find out. Tonight @ 10PM.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02catharsisNeerjaa

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 13 July 2015 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
So, "Chokher Bali" is over. A brilliant portrayal, I must say !!! Thanks EPIC, Anurag Basu and his team for this representation Clap Clap Clap.

The next story is "Atithi", a short story by Kabiguru. So, Sayanee we were not having illusions Wink

Today they used the Hindi version of "Graam Chhada Oi Raanga Maatir Pathh" !!! I can't recall the name of the Baul who was singing "Bole Koye Manush Ke Ki Saadhu Kora Jai". Anurag Basu is leaving no stone un-turned to make the series a visual treat. He used a "bajra" as well to make the story authentic.

Now "Atithi" has already had a cinematic rendition by Tapan Sinha. Partha Mukherjee did a wonderful job as Tarapada, the protagonist. And yes, I must not forget Ajitesh Bandyopadhyay. It was a treat to watch that movie. This story actually reminds me of another gem from Bengali screen - "Palatak" (author Manoj Basu) by Yatrik. The theme is almost identical.

LostGirl02sillage.SayaneeH.LecterNeerjaa

LostGirl02 Senior Member
LostGirl02
LostGirl02

Posted: 13 July 2015 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
Hi all!!
I am loving this series.Can I join the discussion???Big smile

Thank you @Panchaali for sharing the link!!
I am searching for the Arijit Singh version of "Aamaro porano Jaha chay" like a madwoman but no successCry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Neerjaapanchaali

LostGirl02 Senior Member
LostGirl02
LostGirl02

Posted: 13 July 2015 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Chokher Bali was fantastic!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index