India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 13)

SayaneeH.Lecter IF-Dazzler
SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by riti4u

Hi AllSmile

Many already know me here..for those who dont, I am Riti.. really liking Chokher Bali right now and very much looking forward to KabuliwalaBig smile

Hey Riti welcome .. keep visiting this thread and share your views with us .. Characters like Binodini, Bihari, Mahendra givehuge scope of discussion .. plz join .. I am eager to see your opinion and perspective 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaariti4u

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 3:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Star_girl

Oh, so they are planning Kabuliwala? I don't whether I am excited because I have watched numerous variations of Kabuliwala through the years. I am mainly interested in Nashtonirh. I wonder if Anurag can improve upon Ray's fabulous version.
They should have chosen more interesting adult stories in my opinion. Tagore has so many of them and they are very rarely, if ever touched. Regarding Aish's Binodini though, as a continuation of the last post, she was too naive and wide-eyed for me. Raima played Asha to perfection, Aish was a terrible miscast and I speak this as an Aish fan. Radhika on the other hand is near flawless as Binodini. Her eyes speak volumes and she has perfected the weary, manipulative attitude. She is possibly the best Binodini I have ever seen or will ever see, including the Binodinis of Calcutta theatre. 
Mahendro is extremely well cast as well, given he was supposed be this charming, handsome man. I will have to see whether Bihari and Asha match up to Tota Raychowdhury and Raima Sen's brilliance from Rituparno's version. Prosenjit was a flawless Mahendro as well. 

I want Anuraag Basu to make Sesher Kobita .. my all time favorite novel 

Coming to Ash's Binodini I too felt the same .. Binodini is a beauty with brain and a lot more, Ash was only beauty nothing else .. I enjoyed Tota's portrayal of Bihari and I am loving the actor playing Bihari here .. don't know his name but he is cut out from my imagination .. and till now his acting is pretty impressive 

LostGirl02Neerjaa

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 3:25am | IP Logged

However, we didn't discuss Basu's direction .. I feel he is truly sincere and has given 100% effort .. his natural expertise can be seen in this venture .. Few scenes are commendable .. the fading bride in red Binodini arrived in white to depict the disastrous change in her life within a small span, the train scene .. the excitement and the run reminded me of "Pother Pachali" .. the iconic Apu Durga scene .. the camera work was brilliant, and the rain scene .. it was picturesque .. I was impressed by Basu's work since "Gangster" days, Barfi overwhelmed me but this time, it is Tagore so I was skeptic but I am really satisfied with the outcome  

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02Jo_Marchsillage.Neerjaa

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 4:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SayaneeH.Lecter

Hi AllSmile

Many already know me here..for those who dont, I am Riti.. really liking Chokher Bali right now and very much looking forward to KabuliwalaBig smile

Hey Riti welcome .. keep visiting this thread and share your views with us .. Characters like Binodini, Bihari, Mahendra givehuge scope of discussion .. plz join .. I am eager to see your opinion and perspective 

Hey Sayanee, thanks for linkHug and welcome.. Will surely join discussion dearBig smile.. Interested to see next episodes.. will have clear understanding of some characters and situation... coz Binodini has confused me the most ..LOL

sillage.Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 10:04am | IP Logged

However, we didn't discuss Basu's direction .. I feel he is truly sincere and has given 100% effort .. his natural expertise can be seen in this venture .. Few scenes are commendable .. the fading bride in red Binodini arrived in white to depict the disastrous change in her life within a small span, the train scene .. the excitement and the run reminded me of "Pother Pachali" .. the iconic Apu Durga scene .. the camera work was brilliant, and the rain scene .. it was picturesque .. I was impressed by Basu's work since "Gangster" days, Barfi overwhelmed me but this time, it is Tagore so I was skeptic but I am really satisfied with the outcome  

One more scene where Binoodini is playing Piano and Mahender coming is shown through reflection in the glass when first tme Aasha plan Mahender to meet her friend . Beautiful location and cinematogrphy , direction . Radhika Apte has very expressive eyes . She can potray all emotions through her eyes .  100 years ago Tagore was very much a head of his time . And another novel in french came to mind  Madame Bovary (1856) is the French writer Gustave Flaubert's debut novel which was banned that time but i have read and found nothing so offensive .
                   He has touched the human emotions and done that very subtly where affair between the two has been shown . Credit goes to director and with the the actors who who gives wings to writer ,s imagination . I have read Bengali literature decades ago in college time . Recently read 3-4 books in Hindi . But Hindi also do not do justce to original work . Every language has its own essence . Love to be part of this thread where getting to know so much about the literature .

Edited by Neerjaa - 10 July 2015 at 11:21am

sillage.SayaneeH.Lecter

SayaneeH.Lecter
SayaneeH.Lecter

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

Hi AllSmile

Hey Sayanee, thanks for linkHug and welcome.. Will surely join discussion dearBig smile.. Interested to see next episodes.. will have clear understanding of some characters and situation... coz Binodini has confused me the most ..LOL

That's natural Riti .. she is no cute naive woman .. she is Binodini .. Tagore's creation .. she is the reflection of a woman's deepest and darkest desires .. she is complicated and this complication makes her intriguing .. even when I am reading the original book she appears like a mystery sometimes, you need to watch all the episodes to understand her 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Neerjaariti4u

RoseWine Goldie
RoseWine
RoseWine

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys ami ki join kore thea pari? Kon channel'ey hoi?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.

sillage. Goldie
sillage.
sillage.

Posted: 10 July 2015 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by RoseWine

Hey Guys ami ki join kore thea pari? Kon channel'ey hoi?
Of course you are most welcome.Smile
It airs on Epic channel on Monday & Tuesday at 10pm.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index