India-Forums

-StoriesByRabindranathTagore- DiscussionThread (Page 11)

Chits1 IF-Stunnerz
Chits1
Chits1

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
I am so unfortunate.I am not able to watch this show.No videos anywhere Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

sakhisangni IF-Dazzler
sakhisangni
sakhisangni

Posted: 08 July 2015 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Hi
I am new here, in this forum but Epic is my new found love and stories by Rabindranath Tagore are simply brilliant. I was surprised to see this kind of content on Indian Television. Reminds me of good old DD days when content was king.
Haven't read Chokerbali but the one that is being presented here is a peice of art. The treatment, performances and storytelling everything is quite pleasing.

I am looking forward to Kabuliwala... I guess this would be one of the stories covered...

Btw are there any online link for the show? I could not find any and I have missed bits and parts of the show..??

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.Neerjaa

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 09 July 2015 at 2:46am | IP Logged
Wonderful to see this thread sprinting away and glad to see interesting discussions. I am a non-Bengali, so I am receiving the story with an open mind without any comparisons with the novel and its other adaptations. Anurag Basu has really created a beautiful show. Glad to know that though he took some liberties, he has stuck to the main story. I have given my views on the two episodes in this link 

There are no full episodes of any Epic shows available online. Only promos are available. There was a site where some episodes were uploaded in the initial days when Epic channel was launched, but now they have been removed. Epic channel is strictly guarding its shows - quite fair I feel, since the channel has ensured to make high quality and well reasearched shows and that too with hardly any brand advertisers. They do realise that there is a huge number of people outside India who are eager to see these shows. Waiting to see if they will make the channel available overseas or will release the videos online.  Meanwhile, we can continue requesting them regarding the same. Hoping the Epic rises overseas too. Smile 

Thanks to all who have given info and translations to the Bengali songs. I have heard Rabindra sangeet before too and it is quite soothing to hear. I too had requested the channel to give subtitles when the songs are played in Bengali. Hope the further stories will have them. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.candy02aarwenSea-HawksakhisangniNeerjaa

Arijit007 IF-Sizzlerz
Arijit007
Arijit007

Posted: 09 July 2015 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sakhisangni

Hi
I am new here, in this forum but Epic is my new found love and stories by Rabindranath Tagore are simply brilliant. I was surprised to see this kind of content on Indian Television. Reminds me of good old DD days when content was king.
Haven't read Chokerbali but the one that is being presented here is a peice of art. The treatment, performances and storytelling everything is quite pleasing.

I am looking forward to Kabuliwala... I guess this would be one of the stories covered...

Btw are there any online link for the show? I could not find any and I have missed bits and parts of the show..??
me too, kabuliwala is also my fav.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sillage.sakhisangniNeerjaa

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 09 July 2015 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Kabuliwala will be a really challenge to Basu .. I am eager to watch who is playing the protagonist .. Chabi Biswas in the old Bengali film based on the same story was absolutely perfect .. the level of acting must be very very high 

Moreoevr, this short story made me cry every time I read it .. and by "every time" I mean numerous times and I couldn't stop my tears even after knowing the ending .. I will expect Basu's version to have same effect on me 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02candy02sillage.sakhisangniNeerjaa

Sea-Hawk IF-Dazzler
Sea-Hawk
Sea-Hawk

Posted: 09 July 2015 at 5:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chits1

I am so unfortunate.I am not able to watch this show.No videos anywhere Cry

this is really bad .. they should upload the shows on their site .. I hope they release DVDs 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjaaChits1

candy02 Goldie
candy02
candy02

Posted: 09 July 2015 at 8:18am | IP Logged
I'm eagerly waiting for 3 stories: "Kabuliwala", "Atithi" and "Nashtaneerh". All these three have already been converted into famous Bengali films, the first two by Tapan Sinha and the last one by Satyajit Ray. Must say that the acting standards that the films represent are simply beyond perfection.

I have seen "Kabuliwala", directed by Tapan Sinha and was released in 1957, in my very childhood days, which depicts a beautiful father-daughter bond. Chhabi Biswas' acting was too divine to put into words. His "Khnoki sasurbari jabe?" ("Little girl will you go to your in-laws' house?") still haunts me and makes me teary eyed. That powerful the performance was. I read the short-story later. But personally I was more moved watching the cinematic representation. The little girl was played by Oindrila (Tinku) Thakur, Sharmila Tagore's sister.

Edited by chandrima02 - 09 July 2015 at 8:19am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LostGirl02sillage.Sea-HawkNeerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 09 July 2015 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chandrima02

I'm eagerly waiting for 3 stories: "Kabuliwala", "Atithi" and "Nashtaneerh". All these three have already been converted into famous Bengali films, the first two by Tapan Sinha and the last one by Satyajit Ray. Must say that the acting standards that the films represent are simply beyond perfection.

I have seen "Kabuliwala", directed by Tapan Sinha and was released in 1957, in my very childhood days, which depicts a beautiful father-daughter bond. Chhabi Biswas' acting was too divine to put into words. His "Khnoki sasurbari jabe?" ("Little girl will you go to your in-laws' house?") still haunts me and makes me teary eyed. That powerful the performance was. I read the short-story later. But personally I was more moved watching the cinematic representation. The little girl was played by Oindrila (Tinku) Thakur, Sharmila Tagore's sister.

Thanks for coming so much of material on Literature . Is Kabuliwala is the hindi one with Balraj Sahni ?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

candy02

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Epic Channel Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index