Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: OtakuGirl-Debo

r u talking about Isshe Nadi?u r right..old Bengali shows were really good..like Jonmobhumi,Shishirer Alo etc. but nowdays all r same...even I prefer watch US n UK shows and also K-Drama..K-Drama's are really good..

Yaah I was talking about Icche Nadi ðŸ˜† .. Bengali shows had its best time when they used to make amazing telefilms and weekly shows like, Sahityer Sera Somoy, 5 Diner Golpo etc .. I remember I was a school kid then .. I would be annoyed as my mom watched telefilms every weekend and won't give me the remote but I agree if it was now, I would be watching those telefilms .. those had some quality contents. "Sahityer Sera Somoy" was my favorite .. it was 5 dayer show based on some story or novel by famous authors. 

I heard Korian Drama are really good .. I love BBC shows and .. some of US shows are also brilliant .. best thing about there shows is that they have multiple genres .. each show is different from the other not like ours .. everything is pretty same .. all the shows start with "different" idea turns into stereotypical within a few weeks. 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: DurgaS

Yes, that's true. Kankaal means skeleton. Is it the same in Bengali? Any idea what the original name is? 

Kokkaal in Bengali means Skeleton .. yeah it's same in Bengali .. is it same in Hindi too?
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
seen yesterday's episode.. i dont know the name of story but it was about Muslim man taking a hindu girl in his protection and they both fall in love gradually... it was good story which kind of highlighted how the good can exist in every religion..apart from good.. the need for respecting others cultural belief is what people could learn from it.. That Man gave respect to her God and She accepted his.. What I kind of didnt like was the need of her to convert... i think in those times may be girl had to follow husband's family rituals n thus she converted too.. in fact i had a debate with my mom..where she kind of agreed with story..she said girl had to go into his family..so had to adopt his religion.. i disagree with her... Faith is very personal matter.. it was her choice to adopt his faith and she did tht out of her own choice ..good thing was boy didnt ask for it...
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
the name of the story was musalmaanir golpo, kahaani bohot hi achchi thi aur umda tarike se pesh bhi ki gayi hain. and i kind of agree with kamalaa.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: riti4u

seen yesterday's episode.. i dont know the name of story but it was about Muslim man taking a hindu girl in his protection and they both fall in love gradually... it was good story which kind of highlighted how the good can exist in every religion..apart from good.. the need for respecting others cultural belief is what people could learn from it.. That Man gave respect to her God and She accepted his.. What I kind of didnt like was the need of her to convert... i think in those times may be girl had to follow husband's family rituals n thus she converted too.. in fact i had a debate with my mom..where she kind of agreed with story..she said girl had to go into his family..so had to adopt his religion.. i disagree with her... Faith is very personal matter.. it was her choice to adopt his faith and she did tht out of her own choice ..good thing was boy didnt ask for it...

Today isaw the story and was thinking about the tolerance about religion. Here that person dies not asked her to convert in to Muslim ,it was her own decision. Yes i also feels that faith is personal matter .Very beautifully shown the thoughts of the head of that family . Just we have learn to respect and be tolerant to other religion . Tagore wrote beautifully this story with message where her own family disowned her but owned their daughter . Double standards . Still she is liberal to follow her own religion. We need this kind of stuff in today's world where religious  tolerance has no place  But sometimes think its more is media who fuels these kind of stuff. . 
Neerjaa thumbnail
Mushalmanir Galpo, the last story written by Rabindranath Tagore a couple of months before his death.  It tells us about the story of Kamala born during those turbulent times when Having a daughter at home was a curse of God.Kamal was brought by her uncle and married off to Nityananda .Both of them were attacked by a dacoit named Madhumallar and her husband ran away leaving her alone. She was rescued by a man called Hobir Khan who gave her shelter and started teaching her ways to protect herself.Kamal becomes Meharjan at the end of the film and rescues her sister from Madhumallar.

The story tells us how beautifully Hindus existed with Muslims and how united they were and tells us about Hobir Khan who treated all religions alike and gave respect to each religion as Goddess Durga was also worshipped in his Hindu Mahal

Musolmanir Galpo is a story written by Kabiguru Rabindra Nath Tagore at the time when having a beautiful daughter in the house was considered as a curse. This tale is about Kamala whose uncle forced her to marry a wealthy spoiled brat. After the marriage ceremony, her palanquin gets attacked by a notorious dacoit. Her husband fled the scene and she was saved by an old saint Hobir Khan. For the rest of her life, she stays with Hobir Khan and dedicates her life for the welfare of the abandoned and repressed Hindu girls.
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
what, realy? i didn't knew that it the last story written by kabiguru?
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Yesterday's story reminded me of the movie Pinjar.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: -.Merit.-

Yesterday's story reminded me of the movie Pinjar.

Pinjar was something different , about the tragedy of Partition. But this castism , religion is century old. 
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

Pinjar was something different , about the tragedy of Partition. But this castism , religion is century old. 

Oh yes Pinjar is very different but still I find some similarities like Puro getting abducted by a Muslim man before her wedding, her parents turning her away, how she helps Lajjo reach back to home in India and how she accepts her new life