Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
@Arijit  There is a bengali movie named Dui Bon but I'm not sure if Sharmila Tagore is in it
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 I missed the first part ,will see the repeat but watched the second one and the end where new story starts . 
Tagore 's work is more about human nature and feelings. Shashank never was rude to his wife ,did what she wanted . But when she falls ill and Urmi comes then it was all very healthy relations between the two ,Urmi and Shashank . With passing of time equation changed . Both are young ,Urmi is betrayed by the person she was supposed to marry and sometimes unintentionally you are pulled to the person . As someone said complex world of the relations .Urmi realizes what she has done and left Shashank realizes his mistake . So as for me sometimes we do not have control on  circumstances . And No one is perfect .
Will watch the full story . 
One thing i should say that AB uses the glass doors and widows very beautifully and like his story telling which seems to be watching a movie .
LostGirl02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Today's episode was one of the best episodes according to me... The story is one of my favorites... Tagore was way ahead of his time... I wish the other show makers will realise how regressive their female characters are... The women in tagore's stories are so strong.They leave the society if needed. 
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LoonyLuna

Today's episode was one of the best episodes according to me... The story is one of my favorites... Tagore was way ahead of his time... I wish the other show makers will realise how regressive their female characters are... The women in tagore's stories are so strong.They leave the society if needed. 

I think in Bengali literature women is shown strong with self respect and dignity . Have rrad Sharat Chander and others . 
LostGirl02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

I think in Bengali literature women is shown strong with self respect and dignity . Have rrad Sharat Chander and others . 

So true! Liked that dialogue where mrinal said that she is not just the choti bahu... She is an individual with her own thoughts and principles. 
LostGirl02 thumbnail
What I love about these stories is that the women do not shy away from following what they feel is right. Sometimes they succeed and sometimes they don't. They are not superwomen, just ordinary women with extraordinary strength. I am glad that AB made this series. It is a treat to eyes and heart. Edited by LoonyLuna - 8 years ago
Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
It's been two months and I was finding a place to discuss the show.Didn't know the existence of this forum before!

Bookmarking. Will definitely come back after watching today's episode.
sparkle2985 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: LoonyLuna

So true! Liked that dialogue where mrinal said that she is not just the choti bahu... She is an individual with her own thoughts and principles. 

very true and todays story wat an ending and v v strong char mrinal is 
in tat time tagore wrote such a story i was astonished to believe it and nowadays all gec channels lady roles r v v v pathethic and v v worstly written 
and mrinal char tat lady is v v v beautiful apt for that role 👏 
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Loved yesterday's story.. what was the name ? Loved Mrinal 's character and her love for bindu.. i wished bindu didnt 😭.. but story's message was good.. Tagore in those times wrote such strong female characters , times have changed..things are not that bad as it used to be but male chauvnist attitude still exists..
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Yesterday's episode was one of the most moving stories, Mrinal ki chitti (Streer potro). All the right questions asked by Mrinal and Bindu. The apathy of women in a household, which exists even today, has been woven into the story so well by Tagore, about 100 years ago. I am amazed how he could see so well all that the women go through on a day to day basis. A huge salute to him. 

I am watching the repeat now and I am moved with the narration more now that I know what happens to Bindu. Heart wrenching story. 

This one was directed by Tani Basu. I am liking her work. Manages to get the right emotions out of the women protagonists. Loved Jannat Zubair in the role of Bindu. She had played young Mehrunissa in Siyaasat. She is turning out to be a very good actress. 
Edited by DurgaS - 8 years ago