Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

What was Monday's story?? I will watch today .. anyway, I think today they are doing - "Sompotti Samorpon" - "Wealth Surrendered" .. I found this free e-book in English .. if anyone wants, can read the story .. it is totally different from the stories AB has done till date 

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=TUcLTARmOnkC&pg=PT97&lpg=PT97&dq=Wealth+Surrendered&source=bl&ots=-PRPOCw9u_&sig=5VqeqtMxAKgwd-Whhry8NP--_yw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAGoVChMI2u7tzuzDxwIVy3GOCh1-hg5U#v=onepage&q=Wealth%20Surrendered&f=false

this link has many more Tagore's short stories .. just scrawl up and down 

Thank you for the link . I could not watch the next story . But seems to be quite issue based . AB does the casting quite well .
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh that link is quite useful. Thanks again Sayanee. 

So today's story is Sompotti Samorpon which is renamed as Waris. 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I watched "Tyag" .. I have no idea about the original story .. have to find it in "Golpoguccha" if it is there .. anyway, I liked it. Short story, sweet love, happy ending - all good. 

Anyway, I found one thing amusing that - two India living, breathing, existing within one India. On the one hand, Swadeshi Andolon is going on .. young generation is seeking for advanced education of west, and the same education is inspiring the youth to come out of ages old dogmas as well as craving path for freedom fighters. On the other side of the coin, the old-school orthodox society is trying hard to keep the social inertia intact. 

Tagore was a stern supporter of Swadeshi andolon during "Banga-bhanga" but later the hypocrisy of the leaders and confusing stands of the participants of the movement upset him. He explained the whole scenario in "Ghore Baire" [The Home & The World] .. however, AB touched the sensitive point where the old man said, "why won't you go for oversea for PHD, because you believe in Swadeshi - that's an excuse." - Very apt. The ending was also perfect. πŸ˜Š
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Arijit I don't know what do you mean by trump but no one can really do a film better than Satyajit Ray unless he is Charlie Chaplin[or Hrithik Ghatak as per Ray] .. I am not imposing my opinion and I respect yours but I guess even Basu will agree that Satyajit Ray is inspiration to all Indian serious and sensible film makers .. I have a feelings that to AB Ray is like what Hrithik Ghatak was to Ray

I am abit disappointed with Chooti .. overall it was good .. I must say acting was tremendous .. everyone played their role to the T .. specially the boy played Phatik .. amazing. He really got into the skin of Phatik .. AB must have guided brilliantly.

But I missed some of beautiful scenes that was in original story.

1st meeting of Phatik and his mama .. Mama asked Phatik the address of their house without knowing Fatik is his nephew and Fatik just gave a wrong direction without knowing the man and listening to him. I always loved this scene - innocense at its best.

2nd, Ek Bao Melena .. Dui Bao Melena - this is how boatman used to measure the water in the river [one fathom - there is more, two fathom is not enough too - something like that] .. Photik heard it before and the kid started mumble it in fever. This line bears so deep meaning .. I don't know why AB skipped it.

3rd, The "Chooti" word .. at the end when he finally saw his mother he said "Maa abhi mera chutti ho gaya. abhi main ghar jaha hu" .. I really hope next week they will give this line else the relevence of the title won't be clear.

what happens to kid in the end...... dont tell me he dies...😭
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
i missed last half of yesterday's show... but liked whatever i saw... felt bad for poor grandfather...
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: riti4u

Yes Riti Photik dies .. that's the whole point of the story .. think of the title "Chooti" [Chutti] πŸ˜­
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

i missed last half of yesterday's show... but liked whatever i saw... felt bad for poor grandfather...

I am yet to watch .. you felt for the grandfather??!! he was a heartless killer πŸ˜‘ .. but yes Kobiguru will always make you feel for everyone in the story .. the melancholy loneliness of the old man somehow makes us sad at the end
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

What was Monday's story?? I will watch today .. anyway, I think today they are doing - "Sompotti Samorpon" - "Wealth Surrendered" .. I found this free e-book in English .. if anyone wants, can read the story .. it is totally different from the stories AB has done till date 

https://books.google.co.in/books?id=TUcLTARmOnkC&pg=PT97&lpg=PT97&dq=Wealth+Surrendered&source=bl&ots=-PRPOCw9u_&sig=5VqeqtMxAKgwd-Whhry8NP--_yw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB4Q6AEwAGoVChMI2u7tzuzDxwIVy3GOCh1-hg5U#v=onepage&q=Wealth%20Surrendered&f=false

this link has many more Tagore's short stories .. just scrawl up and down 

This link is not working for me :(
Do you know any alternative site where I can get to read Tagore's works...
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Now after watching quite a few stories,I have understood a bit of Tagore's style and the best part of his writings are the twists and turns.The reader is psychologically involved and he loves to give his readers a thrill with unexpected twists.Its not just plain emotions.And I love it!

Sayanee,do correct me if I'm wrongπŸ˜‰
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I am yet to watch .. you felt for the grandfather??!! he was a heartless killer πŸ˜‘ .. but yes Kobiguru will always make you feel for everyone in the story .. the melancholy loneliness of the old man somehow makes us sad at the end

didn't felt anything for the grandfather...m feeling sad for the boy..that old man got mad when he find out that that boy was his grandchild but before that he was okay..😑