Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Chits1

can someone pls pls pls..upload all the stories.I live in Canada and don't get this channel and can't see a single video uploaded anywhere..feeling so helpless.

the channel doesn't upload it's shows on net. 
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

Epic channel tweeted they won't upload the episodes online but they will soon launch a mobile app where we can catch the shows.
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Did anyone see last night's episode? I loved it. ðŸ˜† It was so much better than I expected. 
God, I'm so obsessed with this story! I watched both Uphaar and Satyajit Ray's Samapti.😆
Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

Online sites like desi tashan/desi rulez and other sites are also not uploading this show and no video updates in IF too..I am surprised why no one is uploading video for this channel !!
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I have seen Uphaar , liked AB,s vision also . The actor who played Mini also looked the part with her naughty eyes and her confused emotions .  Will someone please tell me how it ends in the novel .  
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

I have seen Uphaar , liked AB,s vision also . The actor who played Mini also looked the part with her naughty eyes and her confused emotions .  Will someone please tell me how it ends in the novel .  

The ending of original story is almost same .. AB didn't change it much .. only the scene where Apurba decided to leave for Kolkata without Mrinmayee was little different. In book, Apurba asked her again if she loves him. Mrinmayee didn't answer. Tagore wrote - sometimes answering this question is very simple but sometimes complex psychy makes it complicated [he didn't wrote it this mundane way. entire story has a very light and humerous tone]. Finally, before leaving Apurba asked her to kiss him, she tried to kiss him in his cheek twice but failed and laughed. In the ending, the girl kissed him to complete the incomplete work.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

Try Google devta . You might find there with Eng, Sub. on line 

I got these two downloading links of Charulata and Teen Kanya .. they are providing subs too .. you can try

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/236355/teen-kanya-en

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitles/3579888/charulata-en
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well, anurag has trumped satyajeet ray in samapti. i kind of missed chutti.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Arijit I don't know what do you mean by trump but no one can really do a film better than Satyajit Ray unless he is Charlie Chaplin[or Hrithik Ghatak as per Ray] .. I am not imposing my opinion and I respect yours but I guess even Basu will agree that Satyajit Ray is inspiration to all Indian serious and sensible film makers .. I have a feelings that to AB Ray is like what Hrithik Ghatak was to Ray

I am abit disappointed with Chooti .. overall it was good .. I must say acting was tremendous .. everyone played their role to the T .. specially the boy played Phatik .. amazing. He really got into the skin of Phatik .. AB must have guided brilliantly.

But I missed some of beautiful scenes that was in original story.

1st meeting of Phatik and his mama .. Mama asked Phatik the address of their house without knowing Fatik is his nephew and Fatik just gave a wrong direction without knowing the man and listening to him. I always loved this scene - innocense at its best.

2nd, Ek Bao Melena .. Dui Bao Melena - this is how boatman used to measure the water in the river [one fathom - there is more, two fathom is not enough too - something like that] .. Photik heard it before and the kid started mumble it in fever. This line bears so deep meaning .. I don't know why AB skipped it.

3rd, The "Chooti" word .. at the end when he finally saw his mother he said "Maa abhi mera chutti ho gaya. abhi main ghar jaha hu" .. I really hope next week they will give this line else the relevence of the title won't be clear.
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i read the story, chuti i mean.