Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: Neerjaa

I was given the links of the song and then she also translated the songs . I love Suchitra Sen in Bombay Ka Babu with Dev anand . This movie had very lilting , beautiful musical score . 
 Give any link which i can understand 
was looking at some songs . 

If you like Suchitra Sen I would recommend you to watch - "Andhi" and "Mamta" [ Hindi version of Uttar Falguni] - in Hindi these two are her best works and all time classics of Hindi films. 

Here are some links of some of my favorite Old Bengali songs 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD0Yza1AiBc - tumi je aamar by Geeta Dutta [Harano Sur]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrVMvKk05CU - Aj Dujonar duti poth by Hemanta Kumar 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3n6qxZl2BI - gaane mor Indradhanu by Sandhya Mukhopadhyay [ Agnipariksha -my personal fav by Sandhay mam]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6G_JCbeY8g - Ke Tumi Aamare dako by Sadhya Mukhopadhay 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNd7jOybEcg - Aamr Swapne Dekha Rajkanya by Syamal Mitra [Sagarika]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ptQ_LbJSQ - ei madhu raat by Sandya Mukhopadhay 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5jJiRalKk0 - surjo dobar pala [Indrani] .. in fact all the songs of Indrani

these are the greatest love stories I have ever watched and best love songs I have ever heard. You can hear the songs Satyajit Ray's "Gupi Gayen Bagha Bayen" and it's sequel "Heerak Rajar Deshe" songs .. music directors were Rabishankar Sir & Satyajit Ray respectively .. they are not romantic but they are way different than any songs I have heard in Bengali, English and Hindi. The movies or songs may come with English sub so you won't have any problem. 

PS: If you want any more .. I am happy to help๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail

Hardly any in weeks and that to is  shown so many times . Yes DD national   shows classics most of the time at 12 and 3 on sundays . For Zee classic even nonsense movies are classics ,  Yes have seen Gurudutt's and few on DD only 

I have seen some films directed by Gurusdutt but didn't watch his masterpieces - "pyasa" & "Kagaz ke Phool" .. my sis watched the second film multiple times .. anyway I read his biography "A Life in Cinema" .. his life was like a cinema itself .. at a certain period while reading I forgot that it was a biography and not a tragic novel .. in the stories of Pyasa & KKP he left some of himself .. I was in tears by the end of the book 
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

I have seen some films directed by Gurusdutt but didn't watch his masterpieces - "pyasa" & "Kagaz ke Phool" .. my sis watched the second film multiple times .. anyway I read his biography "A Life in Cinema" .. his life was like a cinema itself .. at a certain period while reading I forgot that it was a biography and not a tragic novel .. in the stories of Pyasa & KKP he left some of himself .. I was in tears by the end of the book 

Kagaj ke phool was kind of his own story , beautiful made and BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY by Mr.V.K.Murti .picturization of Waqt ne kiya kya haseen Sitam was inspired by some foreign film , the play of lights . This was flopped initially and broken Gurudutt . But later on it was one of the best classics .

I have seen both the Hindi movies you mentioned above .. Will listen to the songs you have mentioned . I love to weave the characters in old songs . I would like to read his biography .Reading is my first hobby but now has taken back seat .

MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
saw khokababu story yesterday and i loved loved it. it was beautiful & an  emotional roller coaster ride.

it was a very touching story. it's my fav one after kabuliwala. the devotion of ram towards the  family and then the guilt which drives him apart from his own family. he didn't even looked at his son or wife while she was in labour and then suddenly a turn of events occur where his own son calls him channa and from there his life changes again.the way he raises his son as his master's son fulfilling all his wishes despite all the financial problems they suffer from. it was sad to see his own blood treating him quite rudely and evaluating his love & care for money. the ending was sad but i loved this story a lot. it was indeed touching.

acting was good and i loved the bg too. it gives a different feel to the show and story. looking forward for next one
Edited by MS-meghasharma - 8 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
 Just saw the next story  'Samapti' (The End)  . And it reminded me of movie Uphaar with Jaya bhaduri based on Tagore,s this novel . The film was selected as the Indian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 45th Academy Awards . Beautiful story . Liled the actors playing Anoop and Mnoo.  
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Kagaj ke phool was kind of his own story , beautiful made and BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY by Mr.V.K.Murti .picturization of Waqt ne kiya kya haseen Sitam was inspired by some foreign film , the play of lights . This was flopped initially and broken Gurudutt . But later on it was one of the best classics .

I have seen both the Hindi movies you mentioned above .. Will listen to the songs you have mentioned . I love to weave the characters in old songs . I would like to read his biography .Reading is my first hobby but now has taken back seat .

Ha ha Neerjaa. I agree there are some movies that are old but not gold. But, I am happy with Zee classic. Quite many yesteryear movies that I wanted to watch, I could watch here. 

Sayanee, I have seen Kagaz ke phool and Pyaasa. Mindblowing movies both. In fact, all Guru Dutt movies are exemplary. Yes, KKP is based on his own story. Undoubtedly a classic, but it didn't do very good business and I heard that it affected Guru Dutt very much leading to his depression. The song 'Bichde sabhi baari baari', grips the heart everytime. 

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Just saw the next story  'Samapti' (The End)  . And it reminded me of movie Uphaar with Jaya bhaduri based on Tagore,s this novel . The film was selected as the Indian entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 45th Academy Awards . Beautiful story . Liled the actors playing Anoop and Mnoo.  

Yes, it was Uphaar. I loved that movie. Jaya Bhaduri was too good. Yesterday, I didn't realise that it was this story. When it ended, I thought  the story got over, but was confused because the next story didn't start. Only after reading about the story on the net, did I realise that there was more to the story. Silly me. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Yes the actors are very good. Aptly cast. I enjoyed watching Savita Prabhune play a Bengali character (Anup's mother). Have seen her a lot in the Marathi field so this was quite amusing. 
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Loved the first episode of Samapti. Some scenes were really cute like when Apoorva offers his hand to help Mrinmoyi get down from the tree but she doesn't accept his hand and manages to get down herself๐Ÿ˜† ,When she steals his shoes...Lol
The other scene that was very impactful was when Apoorva asks Mrinmoyi- 'Tum mujhe thoda bhi pasand nahi karti?' and she replies aggresively -'Ek choti sui jitna bhi nahi...' (something like that ..don't remember the exact words) 
The hurt in Apoorva's eyes could be seen easily. 

It also raises some serious issues like child marriage.While  Mrinmoyi was not a child but she was definitely not  prepared for marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. But she was still forced into marriage. To her, marriage was an end of her freedom.

Also I feel I might be crushing on Apoorva...๐Ÿ˜† He's such a sweet husband.
 Can't wait for next episode!

Neerjaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: -.Merit.-

Loved the first episode of Samapti. Some scenes were really cute like when Apoorva offers his hand to help Mrinmoyi get down from the tree but she doesn't accept his hand and manages to get down herself๐Ÿ˜† ,When she steals his shoes...Lol

The other scene that was very impactful was when Apoorva asks Mrinmoyi- 'Tum mujhe thoda bhi pasand nahi karti?' and she replies aggresively -'Ek choti sui jitna bhi nahi...' (something like that ..don't remember the exact words) 
The hurt in Apoorva's eyes could be seen easily. 

It also raises some serious issues like child marriage.While  Mrinmoyi was not a child but she was definitely not  prepared for marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. But she was still forced into marriage. To her, marriage was an end of her freedom.

Also I feel I might be crushing on Apoorva...๐Ÿ˜† He's such a sweet husband.
 Can't wait for next episode!

Its a beautiful story . Till now she is tomboyish and Anoop shown to be patient man and how  she  transforms and realizes her being a woman . Just watching after few minutes Uphaar came to mind . That was Barjatya  ,s movie who used to make that time simple sweet movies with some meanings . 
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Its a beautiful story . Till now she is tomboyish and Anoop shown to be patient man and how  she  transforms and realizes her being a woman . Just watching after few minutes Uphaar came to mind . That was Barjatya  ,s movie who used to make that time simple sweet movies with some meanings . 

I'll definitely watch that movie. I watched Kabuliwala movie too and loved it...I'm sure Uphaar will be equally good ๐Ÿ˜Š