Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

All these songs are amazing Neerja .. the 1st one "Ei Poth Jodi Na Ses Hoy" from Saptapadi is my personal favorite .. I am a huge fan of Uttam-Suchitra pairing .. no onscreen couple even created such enigma ever .. they were just made for each other .. if you love these songs you can search any Hamanta Kumar and Sandhya Mukherjee songs .. they were musical voice of these pair .. and I too am a fan of classic Bengali movies and songs ..  

I was given the links of the song and then she also translated the songs . I love Suchitra Sen in Bombay Ka Babu with Dev anand . This movie had very lilting , beautiful musical score . 
 Give any link which i can understand 
was looking at some songs . 

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Hello all, here's some great news. On 15th Aug, Epic Channel would be having a marathon of Stories by Rabindranath Tagore. Which means, they will be playing all episodes back to back all day. So from Chokher Bali to Vafadar, all episodes being repeated. 😊 

Btw, they seemed to have renamed Khokababu as Vafadar. Wonder why. 

Sayanee, thanks for the briefing on Khokababu. I think I have seen a similar story in an old regional movie. Can't recall which one but story seems familiar. 

Broken Nest was brilliant. What beautiful songs. Amrita Puri was very good except I thought she overdid at some places. They released the audio of one of the songs. 

Looking forward to today's Khokababu or Vafadar, whatever they might call it. What's in a name as long as it's Tagore. 😊
Edited by DurgaS - 8 years ago
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Neerjaa

DD national airs old movies on sundays at 12 and then 3 pm . Now noo channel shows the old black and white movies , Only DD shows classics . I also saw the old Bengali movies on DD decades ago when  i do not understand Bangla . But now can understand a little . Attached to Bengali literature ,

Hello Neerjaa. Zee Classic is a movie channel that caters to only old movies. We can find some good classics being telecast regularly. 😊
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Hello all, here's some great news. On 15th Aug, Epic Channel would be having a marathon of Stories by Rabindranath Tagore. Which means, they will be playing all episodes back to back all day. So from Chokher Bali to Vafadar, all episodes being repeated. 😊 

Btw, they seemed to have renamed Khokababu as Vafadar. Wonder why. 

Sayanee, thanks for the briefing on Khokababu. I think I have seen a similar story in an old regional movie. Can't recall which one but story seems familiar. 

Broken Nest was brilliant. What beautiful songs. Amrita Puri was very good except I thought she overdid at some places. They released the audio of one of the songs. 

Looking forward to today's Khokababu or Vafadar, whatever they might call it. What's in a name as long as it's Tagore. 😊

That's great news di. 
I can watch Atithi as I couldn't watch it when it was telecasted.
Thank you for letting us know and for sharing the song 😊 Shaan has sung this so beautifully! ❤️
OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Charulata, Vafadar, Maanbhanjan, Broken Nest, Atithi, Chokher Bali and many more! Watch all iconic Stories By Rabindranath Tagore back-to-back in a 15th August Marathon!

Like   Comment   Share
Neerjaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: DurgaS

Hello Neerjaa. Zee Classic is a movie channel that caters to only old movies. We can find some good classics being telecast regularly. 😊

Hardly any in weeks and that to is  shown so many times . Yes DD national   shows classics most of the time at 12 and 3 on sundays . For Zee classic even nonsense movies are classics ,  Yes have seen Gurudutt's and few on DD only 

panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am yet to watch Khokababu..

can anyone give episode review 

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: panchaali

I am yet to watch Khokababu..

can anyone give episode review 

It is a different kind of story...so twisted that you would want to know what will happen next.I liked it very much...must watch.

Without giving much of the story-
It's as the name suggests 'vafadar',a story of a trustworthy  person caught in a web of unfortunate events in life and how he responds to them as called by the destiny.

Edited by -Crescendo- - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Just watched "Khokababur Protyaborton" .. another short story that ventures into the human mind and depicts how amusingly it can work .. how circumstances has havoc in human mind. I can never forget Uttam Kumar's portrayal of Raamcharan, Joy was all right at the beginning but get into the flesh of the character after Khokababu - [Nanhe Malik] died. 

I have to bring Kabuliwala while discussing "Khokababur Pratyabarton" .. in the former, a man from far Afghanistan found his little daughter in a kid in Kolkata and the later is just the opposite .. guilt-ridden Ram found his Khokababu in his own boy and how! He literally believed that the kid was Khakababu and he has come back to him. Striking differences still see the tragedy it feels there is some connection in these unfortunate men. However, in Kabuliwala we can still hope that Rahmat will meet his child, can't say the same here. He left and the story ends leaving us craving for more - Classic Tagore.  

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

Just watched "Khokababur Protyaborton" .. another short story that ventures into the human mind and depicts how amusingly it can work .. how circumstances has havoc in human mind. I can never forget Uttam Kumar's portrayal of Raamcharan, Joy was all right at the beginning but get into the flesh of the character after Khokababu - [Nanhe Malik] died. 

I have to bring Kabuliwala while discussing "Khokababur Pratyabarton" .. in the former, a man from far Afghanistan found his little daughter in a kid in Kolkata and here it's just the opposite .. guilt-ridden Ram found his Khokababu in his own boy and how! He literally believed that the kid was Khakababu and he has come back to him. Striking differences still see the tragedy it feels there is some connection in these unfortunate men. However, in Kabuliwala we can still hope that Rahmat will meet his child, can't say the same here. He left and the story ends leaving us craving for more - Classic Tagore.  

Rightly said about both story . One ends with hope and another leaves with uncertain future . But both suffered the pain but found solace in another child in both the stories .