Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Just watched the stories.Kabuliwala what to say on this..a very simple story but having purest of emotions. Makes you teary!
But what was up with the punishment?very twistful story..must say and thank you for sharing that Neerja..so mili or Chandara did that to make her husband guilty ridden.Makes sense otherwise after watching the episode I was wondering at what just happened. And I agree with all the points brought here that something was amiss in this story maybe if they could show her husband sulking at the end.And yes they should have a new actor and setting for this story.For a layman he would still think that Kabuliwala has got to do something with this and he will return back...

One mistake till now by the team...nonetheless looking forward to more :)

Merit &Sayanee- Thank you so much for sharing this melodious song and translating it..listening to it on a loop. ❤️
Edited by -Crescendo- - 8 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

Just watched the stories.Kabuliwala what to say on this..a very simple story but having purest of emotions. Makes you teary!

But what was up with the punishment?very twistful story..must say and thank you for sharing that Neerja..so mili or Chandara did that to make her husband guilty ridden.Makes sense otherwise after watching the episode I was wondering at what just happened. And I agree with all the points brought here that something was amiss in this story maybe if they could show her husband sulking at the end.And yes they should have a new actor and setting for this story.For a layman he would still think that Kabuliwala has got to do something with this and he will return back...

One mistake till now by the team...nonetheless looking forward to more :)

Merit &Sayanee- Thank you so much for sharing this melodious song and translating it..listening to it on a loop. ❤️

When Mini is standing in the katghra in the courtroom and her husband comes and said he killed and then same moment his brother says no he killed his wife . 
That whole time Mini was looking at her husband who was standing opposite her in other Katghra . There was kind of accusation . something was in Mini 's eyes where he could not meet her eyes . and in the end she refuses to meet him . It was kind of in that moment she discarded him from her heart . . Not seen the starting so could not comment about the initial story and acting . But no doubt this was the major blooper AB did . He should have come with this story with new actors and background is totally different . 

sillage. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

When Mini is standing in the katghra in the courtroom and her husband comes and said he killed and then same moment his brother says no he killed his wife . 
That whole time Mini was looking at her husband who was standing opposite her in other Katghra . There was kind of accusation . something was in Mini 's eyes where he could not meet her eyes . and in the end she refuses to meet him . It was kind of in that moment she discarded him from her heart . . Not seen the starting so could not comment about the initial story and acting . But no doubt this was the major blooper AB did . He should have come with this story with new actors and background is totally different . 

True I was just left gasping what just happened.

But keeping aside the bloopers that were made I found the story unique,engaging and interesting with the twist.It was almost like a thriller film making the viewers ponder on what would happen next.Very interestingly written👏

BTW what a coincidence DD National is airing the Hindi film Kabuliwala tomorrow at 3pm.😃
Neerjaa thumbnail

True I was just left gasping what just happened.

But keeping aside the bloopers that were made I found the story unique,engaging and interesting with the twist.It was almost like a thriller film making the viewers ponder on what would happen next.Very interestingly written👏

BTW what a coincidence DD National is airing the Hindi film Kabuliwala tomorrow at 3pm.😃

DD national airs old movies on sundays at 12 and then 3 pm . Now noo channel shows the old black and white movies , Only DD shows classics . I also saw the old Bengali movies on DD decades ago when  i do not understand Bangla . But now can understand a little . Attached to Bengali literature ,

sillage. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arijit007

what is the next story, guys?

The broken nest
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

The broken nest

hmm. noshto neer.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arijit007

hmm. noshto neer.

CharuLata's story ? Have seen the song where she is playing piano and Soumitra chatterji is standing near the piano. 
Neerjaa thumbnail
Its 

"Nastanirh" (The Broken Nest)

The story takes place in the late 19th century India and tells the tale of a lonely housewife Charu (short for Charulata). Charu and her rather detached, older husband Bhupati live a quiet, well-to-do life. She is a very beautiful woman, with tons of money and all the time in the world to enjoy her passions - the arts, literature and poetry. Yet her workaholic husband seems to be more concerned with his job than his marriage. And alas, she is all alone, ailing from that distasteful disorder of ennui that seemingly plagues so many kept women.

However, the sun shines a bit brighter for our heroine when Bhupati's young, handsome cousin Amal arrives for a visit. Bhupati, who is far from a heartless man and feels sympathy for his wife's cheerless plight, encourages his cousin to befriend his wife as they both have so much in common (he loves poetry and the arts as well).  Finally we see Charulata happy, singing, playful, and tending to Amol, mending his clothes and inspiring him to continue writing. Her innocent flirtations catch her off guard as she becomes deeply attached to Amol. Amol also realizes that his emotions are leading him astray. After Bhupati is ruined when his brother in law, whom he trusted and loved, makes off with the newspaper's money, Amol decides to leave, not wanting to take away from Bhupati his "other" wife. Charulata is crushed by Amol's departure and inadvertently betrays her emotions to Bhupati. Bhupati is completely disillusioned by these reversals of trust and love. Their marriage is severed.

http://www.satyajitray.org/films/charu.htm

Screenplay & Direction:Satyajit Ray form the short novel "Nastanirh" by Rabindranath Tagore

Not mine thoughts but read someone's and writing here . Chrulata's husband was older to her many years in the book . But here he does not seems so much older to her . Amal's character start growing on you . I liked the song and music ,seems to be soothing and reminded me the song Bhanwra bada nadan hai  from Sahib bibi Aur Ghulam . Tagore brings out the emotions so well in his characters where you have all natural emotions in a person . No particular line when these emotions changes .  I felt as if amal was falling in love with her gradually but Charulata is unaware of this ,yes she gets attached to him as both of them have same interests where as her husband is not interested in art , music . 

will love to read the reviews of the others who are knowledgeable about Tagore's work . I recently read the book in Hindi . 

Edited by Neerjaa - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I have not read "Noshtoneer" and though I have watched Satyajit Ray's version I don't remember it scene by scene [just because I watched it much ago]. So, I am receiving this in a fresh mind. So far I liked it. Charulata's loneliness and her transformation in Alom's  arrival is depicted  beautifully. Their common interests, love for music [literature in story], easy banters brought Amol & Charulota close - forming an exceptional platonic relation, more than friends but can't be directly defined by love. 

I loved all Amol-Charulata scenes .. The guy playing Charu's husband is not old but it's okay as that doesn't change anything significant. One thing that absolutely overwhelmed me was the cinematography .. garden scenes were treat to eyes, specially when Amol gave the paper to Charu and she kept in her book. The yellow flowers, the greenery, the BG tune - everything was merging into a symphony so natural. Loved it. 

About music, Rabindra-Sangeet "Jodi tare nai chini go" is used .. just for information, famous song "tere mere milan ki ye raina" from the movie "Abhimaan" is actually borrowed the tune from this song. 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
PS- another thing just crossed my mind - many believe that "Nashtaneer" was somehow inspired by Kabiguru's own life .. his relationship with his bhabi Kadambori Debi has always been a topic of discussion .. nobody knows the truth but probably it's not a myth only