Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Yes the much I watched, I felt AB captured the Bengal theatre of that time beautifully .. also I see this story as a tale of woman empowerment 
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And today Detective also ended.I just absolutely loved it!What I notice by now is that Tagore's stories are based on man-woman relationships where woman are shown to be deprived or wronged by their husbands(according to olden times) but they are not submissive.Eventually its them who emerge out to be the winner..much stronger.
In detective they had already shown a scene in the precap through which I had guessed the climax and I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong here.Very deep and thought provoking end.

Kabuliwala starts now and the precap already had me in tears 
Edited by -Crescendo- - 8 years ago
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
finally saw 2 rabindra nath tagore stories and i am completely loving it.
the twist in the end in detective was really unexpected and i loved the previous story too (forgot the name)but i loved it's ending too. the music is awsum, actors are doing a fine job and the best part in both the stories is the ending.

can't wait for kabuliwala..it's one of my most fav story and i already got a bit emotional when i saw the little peek they showed today.

this channel is pretty damn awsum. it is the only hindi channel i am watching these days.

rabindranat tagore stories are a gem.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I just watched the episode .. "Detective" is a nice, relatively light hearted story .. Anurag Basu brilliantly brought the feel of reading a short story .. even after the ending you will always have a room for imagination .. that's classic Rabindranath Thakur

Anybody who has seen the episode will understand my current condition of mind .. once again one story smoothly transferred into another and this time it's "Kabuliwala" .. the epic tale of eternal love and pathos of human life .. the moment I saw it's the wedding day of Mini, a lump formed in my throat 

I would like to say the way Basu is weaving one story with another it's becoming like a lei where every person is a story, has a story, creates a story .. It feels so real .. like each and every person we meet in our life is carrying an untold story with them .. beautiful naa
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Before we start watching "Kabuliwala" I want to say another thing .. Kabuliwalas were people from Afghanistan Or Kabul .. they used to do "Sauda" - business   in India .. they used to come in Kolkata to sell dry fruits, also they used to lend money in high interest .. generally people used to be afraid of them as they were known for their cruelty .. it is said they could be really dangerous if they didn't get their money in time 

I am not saying this was the fact but it was their image .. just imagine Rabindranath Thakur saw a father, a beautiful heart, a kind soul in a Kabuliwala .. think about this man's insight, thought, understanding and humanity for once .. he didn't see the coarse exterior but immersed in deep  to find out a jewel .. no wonder why many keep him above God 
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

I just watched the episode .. "Detective" is a nice, relatively light hearted story .. Anurag Basu brilliantly brought the feel of reading a short story .. even after the ending you will always have a room for imagination .. that's classic Rabindranath Thakur

Anybody who has seen the episode will understand my current condition of mind .. once again one story smoothly transferred into another and this time it's "Kabuliwala" .. the epic tale of eternal love and pathos of human life .. the moment I saw it's the wedding day of Mini, a lump formed in my throat 

I would like to say the way Basu is weaving one story with another it's becoming like a lei where every person is a story, has a story, creates a story .. It feels so real .. like each and every person we meet in our life is carrying an untold story with them .. beautiful naa

True.

Depicting stories is okay but weaving them into one continuous loop takes a lot of creativity and its sheer brilliance by AB and team.Kudos to them!

You know when i watched the scene when mahim sees neelakshi with mounmitto(sorry for getting this wrong),I anticipated that this would be the climax where he doubts on the whole world but not his wife and she is the one who turns unfaithful...rather I loved the twist in the end which made it very interesting and true to the genre of detective thriller.
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
where can we watch these epi's online?
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
here's the promo of kabuliwla. i think praneet bhatt( one who played shakuni in new mahabharat) is playing young version of kabuliwala
Gul_bahar thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

here's the promo of kabuliwla. i think praneet bhatt( one who played shakuni in new mahabharat) is playing young version of kabuliwala

Thank you for sharing the promo. Eagerly waiting for next episode. :)
But I don't think the actor playing kabuliwala is Praneet Bhatt. I think that's someone else but he does look like praneet. 
Oh and the episodes are not available online. ðŸ˜” We'll have to watch them on Epic only. As per  the channel makers' convenience. Lol. But there are a lot of repeat telecasts.
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I watched the starting of Kabuliwala in the last episode. The guy is not Praneet Bhat. He is a new one. Usually Kabuliwalas used to be tall men with broad shoulders .. I don't find the actor apt by the looks .. I hope he covers it up with acting .. however, anyone who has watched Bengali Classic movie based on the same story can't but think of Chabi Biswas sir who played Kabuliwala impeccably .. this time AB took a big challenge