Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LostGirl02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I read all the posts of this thread and I must say you guys have a way with words.The way you all analysed each and every character made me feel very stupid๐Ÿ˜† because though I have read the story I could never have expressed my thoughts this well.
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Today watched the ending of the Chokhar Bali . versatile actors . And Anurag Basu has just stick to the story and loved the sets he has created  that era . Binodini i felt wanted to show Mahen what he missed by rejected her and thats why she encouraged his advances . Was Mahen a shallow person ? Tagore left the last on viewers imagination and its the person who is  visualizing this story ,gives his own interpretation. Binodini,s character was very strong with mix of so many emotions . But felt in the last that Bhari was also liked / loved her but she left him for hi own good . 
                 And liked how the teller of story has taken the journey of another story without giving a pause beautifully . Hoping Anurag Basu just keep his journey with pieces of literature specially Sharat also .  
sillage. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So the story Atithi also concludes!
I liked it,short and simple yet different in its own league.Taraprado,as a character,was something unique.The wanderer and his story.Frankly when I saw this guy in snippets I was like why is he there in this(coz I'm not fond of him) but have to say he played it very well of course under AB's guidance.
And while watching Charu,her behaviour, all that has been said about women being portrayed strong resonated my mind.Its something new frankly to see girls in olden times being stubborn with some attitude and not meek and subservient.

Can't wait for more..
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I watched the last instalment of "Chokher Bali" today .. I am overwhelmed .. Anuraag Basu has excelled in his work .. each and every actor has given their best .. I don't know how to complement this TV adaptation of Biswakabi's work .. a sheer piece of art it was. 

Another beautiful part was the seamless transition from "Chokher Bali" to "Atithi" from grave intricacy to pure innocence .. Basu has chosen his stories carefully .. will watch "Atithi" tomorrow .. can't wait 

@Chandrima yes our far fetched imagination was right ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

So the story Atithi also concludes!

I liked it,short and simple yet different in its own league.Taraprado,as a character,was something unique.The wanderer and his story.Frankly when I saw this guy in snippets I was like why is he there in this(coz I'm not fond of him) but have to say he played it very well of course under AB's guidance.
And while watching Charu,her behaviour, all that has been said about women being portrayed strong resonated my mind.Its something new frankly to see girls in olden times being stubborn with some attitude and not meek and subservient.

Can't wait for more..

This is the beauty of Bengali literature .. women always had/ found their voice here .. while Tagore mostly portrayed the educated middle-class or upper class section of society [except few of his short stories where he ventured in lower class proletariats], Sarat Chandra Chattopadhay mostly focused the tormented souls .. disregarded, rejected, neglected men and mostly women in society .. but no matter what was their social condition, no matter how persecuted they were, they were never weak .. the spirit within them made them timeless .. 

Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
LostGirl02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So Atithi ended... I loved the actress who portrayed Charu  That last scene left me teary eyed. Inspite of knowing the ending I was shouting at the TV.. Edited by LoonyLuna - 8 years ago
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: LoonyLuna

So Atithi ended... I loved the actress who portrayed Charu  That last scene left me teary eyed. Inspite of knowing the ending I was shouting at the TV..

I haven't watched yet but I know I will have the same reaction 
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
I am loving the discussions here. Thanks to all, I am able to know more about Tagore and his stories and their adaptations. 

Loved Chokher Bali very much. Now while the other stories are being told, I will wait when in some other time slot they will telecast Chokher Bali again. Superb acting by all protagonists. And it is so wonderful to watch one story flow into another. This group of singers singing on the train were already singing right at the start of Chokher Bali and I had noticed the young actor, Rohan Shah there and wondered about his prescence. Because I knew via promos / interviews that he was part of another story. But the way Binodini ended and Atithi started deserves an applause for Anurag Basu. 
I think he will maintain this flow between all the stories, as now that Atithi ended and the next story has already arrived. 

As for the strong characters Tagore has written in his stories, I am still discovering them, trying to understand them, how deep Tagore has felt for them before writing their stories. The crave to read his stories is only increasing.  

I am glad Tagore's stories are spreading all over the country, hopefully soon all over the world too. Imagining what a treat it would be when Epic would bring forth the great works of great authors from different regions of our country. ๐Ÿ˜Š  

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Hey ๐Ÿ˜Š

I watched Chokher Bali complete and just wanted to put my thoughts on it. First of all thanks Sayanee for introducing this story to me๐Ÿ˜ƒ. I always wanted to see a grey character like Binodini on Television screen. She is strong woman with qualities like jealousy , having desires of her own.. She makes mistakes... accepts them .. She is no Mahaan devi but still kind of redeems herself by letting go her love... I just loved her..๐Ÿ˜ƒ.. I mean in start i was really interested in this character but by the end of it I have completely fallen in love... Radhika Apte played it beautifully and so were all actors really good in their roles... I did felt bad for Ashalata..specially in her last scene with Mahen๐Ÿ˜ญ.. she was so sweet... a little too sugary perhaps.... Mahen was weak person as someone said shallow.. to me he was bit selfish too.. Behari was like ideal man.. sort of perfect .. felt lil bad for him in the end... I could feel he was so much in love with Binodini.. dont know if that was case or not...

And ya I loved transition of story from Chokher Bali to Athiti... Seems like i have missed second story since it already ended :(
Edited by riti4u - 8 years ago
Arijit007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
atithi was a heart warming story.loved tarapodo and his journey. now waiting to see how maanbhanjan would be like.