Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Thanks for the reply chandrima.feeling so frustrated.Not only Epic channel is not uploading their videos..many of the popular sites where we can watch hindi serials,they too don't have this good channel.Wonder why !
can't believe,in this era where we can watch any show online,we r struggling to find the videos of Epic..
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I couldn't watch last night's episode .. will watch it today at 8 .. I could catch few scenes .. I loved how they use "Aamaro Porano Jaha Chay" .. I love love love this song .. nothing can express human feelings better than Rabindra Sangeet .. I wish they added a sub in English so that those who don't speak/ understand Bengali could comprehend the lyrics  
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Crescendo-

So how did you all find the first episode?How well do you rate it?

Well,I'm really impressed and liked the story telling too.And do we need to say how awesome was the cinematography. 

Any Bengali's out here who have read it before? They can tell better:)

Yes i read the book recently ,, was staying in Kasauli and found there was collection of Tagore , Sharat and other authors from literature . I read the Hindi translation named AAnkh Ki Kirkiri . But had idea it was Chokhar Bali . Have seen the movie made by Riyuprna Ghosh  with Ashwarya Rai , Prasan jit  & Raima Sen . Here Vinodini has some resembles to Ash .  Very well made show . But i want to know the translation of the song  while playing the piano .
Neerjaa thumbnail
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

I couldn't watch last night's episode .. will watch it today at 8 .. I could catch few scenes .. I loved how they use "Aamaro Porano Jaha Chay" .. I love love love this song .. nothing can express human feelings better than Rabindra Sangeet .. I wish they added a sub in English so that those who don't speak/ understand Bengali could comprehend the lyrics  

Agree with you , This series should have English subtitles . Hats off to Anurag Basu , potraying this story . Read the novel in Hindi with another name and in that both have mutual name Aankh ki Kirkiri . Watching Epic channel for some time now . And perhaps due to ads this channel is not generating enough money and not available . With word of mouth ,this channel can become popular as has something different  with contents . I love Bengali literature as have read mANY AUTHORS  work .
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Originally posted by: Neerjaa

Yes i read the book recently ,, was staying in Kasauli and found there was collection of Tagore , Sharat and other authors from literature . I read the Hindi translation named AAnkh Ki Kirkiri . But had idea it was Chokhar Bali . Have seen the movie made by Riyuprna Ghosh  with Ashwarya Rai , Prasan jit  & Raima Sen . Here Vinodini has some resembles to Ash .  Very well made show . But i want to know the translation of the song  while playing the piano .

in 1st episode Binodini's tutor was singing "Phule Phule Dhole Dhole" .. I am yet to watch last night's episode .. let me see which song they sang .. I will try to give English translation 
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Here is the English translation of "Aamar Porano Jaha Chay" .. I found it in a blog .. translation is pretty good 

All That My Heart Wishes For
You Are The One, That You Are.
In This World, Apart From You
I Have None, Nothing I Have.

If You Are Not Happy,
Go In Search Of Happiness,
Got You In My Heart,
Nothing More Do I Desire.

Pining For You, In Your Absence
I Will Fade Myself, To Live In You.
Long Be The Day, Long Be The Night
Long Be Months And Years That Go By.

If You Do Love Someone Else, 
If Never Do You Return
Then Whatever You Covet
That You Do Get,
May All Suffering Will Be Mine.
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail

in 1st episode Binodini's tutor was singing "Phule Phule Dhole Dhole" .. I am yet to watch last night's episode .. let me see which song they sang .. I will try to give English translation 

I think i saw the 2nd episode today , repeat of yesterday . I love Bengali language as have seen from childhood some Bengali movies . 😊. Why does not Epic has his episodes on YT or another site . I was finding the initial episodes of Siyasat as started watching later ,but found none . How can episodes to be uploaded of Chokhar Bali .

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Hey Neerja it's nice to see you love Bengali language and literature so much .. I am a Bengali and definitely love my language and feel proud of Bengali literature .. truly it has gems bestowed by great scholars like Rabindranath Thakur (Tagore), SaratChandra Chattopadhyay, Bibhutibhushan Bandyopadhay, Satyajit Ray and many many more .. 

Anurag Basu is really doing a great job with Chokher Bali .. all the creative liberty he has taken is justified to compose the novel and making a audio digital version of it .. till now I didn't find any flaw in his effort and execution 
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 8 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail

I liked the 1st episode .. I am reading Chokher Bali now and there are some changes like the story is not told in flashback but this doesn't disrupt the flow of the original story .. 

I missed the beginning of 1st epi .. in book I think Bihari didn't really fall for Binodini or may be it happened later .. I am yet to read the whole novel .. Bihari was always very respectful towards Asalata .. may be he was in love with her but whoever he loved he never expressed .. he was a very composed man almost like a sage .. I simply loved the actor playing the role .. perfect fit for it 

I like Bhanu-Uday who is playing Mahendra since Special Squad days but loving Mahendra is impossible .. he is impulsive, greedy, weak, jealous, and what not .. however, no matter how Mahendra is, it will give the actor to explore a lot 

Binodini is the most complex character .. irony is such women are turned into vamps in today's soap operas but see how beautifully Tagore brought her feelings, pain, anger and jealousy out .. you can't but love her .. Apte is looking good and refreshing as Bindodini 

!00 years ago written story is more progressive and women are shown to be dignified and with self respect . I mostly found in Bengali literature that woman character is always shown to be strong , dignified . All actors are doing great job , are subtle not going over the top . Direction is very good . Apte has some resembles to Ash as Binodini , she looked the same specially the eyes . Very beautifully Tagore has potrayed the  emotions of normal person .

Sea-Hawk thumbnail
I actually didn't like Ash's Binodini much .. she was little rigid however, I blame Ritupo*no more .. his story telling in the film didn't impress me much though some of the scenes were beautiful .. I found Anuraag Basu more sincere towards kabiguru's work and actors are really good .. they are subtle and real all the way